ProfileProfile Log inLog in
JG's Thread: Holy Wars FC #85/611
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 67, 68, 69  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

February 20, 2022
Video here
Oh apparently this wasn't even on my immediate list of goals lol. It was definitely one of the easiest songs I had left in WoR though. I may have disagreed at earlier times, but the strumming and solo 2 weren't much of an issue this time around. It basically boiled down to solo 1 consistency. In real runs anyway, I was doing just fine in practice lol. My method was to fret two zigs, tap the , fret a zig, tap , zig, , zig. When it worked, it worked quite well. Only choked in solo 2 quads because I tried to start one hand and then tap, but then I figured out I was better off elbow strumming and tapping all the quads.
Not sure what to go for next. This game is so hard.

Edit: Maybe the game isn't THAT hard

February 23, 2022
Video here
Guess I'm not done with WoR yet. Another grind that wasn't as painful as it could have been. I had a couple chokes in Gomorrah, one at the very end, but I got over it pretty quick. Feels good to be back in the groove, maybe I can keep the streak going. I'll probably try YCSRIA a bit, otherwise maybe I'll sniff around my other close FCs and see how they feel.
Maybe I'll actually get something on my

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyGrey wrote:

On your what??? ON YOUR WHAT???

But seriously, I'm so happy you're getting back in the groove. Two new FCs in the hardest GH game is nothing to sneeze at, and you got them so easily too! The most exciting part is that these weren't even the easiest FCs on your radar. I mean Burn was definitely close, but YCSRIA seemed closer. Not to mention stuff like SAF, Battery, Scatterbrain, etc. The possibilities are endless, and I can't wait to see what's next!

Also please play Holy Wars once in a while. I swear it's not that bad haha
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
CyanCrayon86948  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope to see you get YCSRIA pretty soon. It shouldn't be much of a challenge after the last two FC's you just got. Good luck!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: CyanCrayon86948
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CyanCrayon86948 wrote:
I really hope to see you get YCSRIA pretty soon. It shouldn't be much of a challenge after the last two FC's you just got. Good luck!

Thanks! Hopefully I can feel more confident about it soon. Especially that now I'm even closer to my limit on this game.

alexhaz64 wrote:
JohnnyGrey wrote:

On your what??? ON YOUR WHAT???

But seriously, I'm so happy you're getting back in the groove. Not to mention stuff like SAF, Battery, Scatterbrain, etc. The possibilities are endless, and I can't wait to see what's next!

Also please play Holy Wars once in a while. I swear it's not that bad haha

Oops! I missed the last few words copy and pasted from the OP. I meant to say actually get something on my list of goals for the year. Though if I get a bunch of different FCs that weren't on the list, I won't be too disappointed .

Yeah, after WoRmageddon, I hope I can clean up some of the objectively easier FCs I have left in the other games.
And as you saw today, Holy Wars is dumb lol

Alexhaz64 wrote:
Two new FCs in the hardest GH game is nothing to sneeze at, and you got them so easily too! The most exciting part is that these weren't even the easiest FCs on your radar. I mean Burn was definitely close, but YCSRIA seemed closer.

Hmm.. About that
Bump for WoR FC #83
February 26, 2022

SFTSG FC Video here
Let me just sneak in one more for the week. This one was the most unexpected by far. It's once again not on my list of goals, or even one of the potential options. But it definitely feels good! I go into a lengthy description in the video, but basically the section sucks. Getting consistent on as many bits of it as possible is nice, but there's still going to be a bit of luck with it, unless you're super good.
Here's a rough image of my method for the first half, showing the notes I tapped.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burn and Nemesis are good.... SFTSG is VERY good, that one section really is a doozy to hit.

You really need to get Holy Wars out of the way, it's far easier than Burn or SFTSG haha

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huge congrats on SFTSG, a song I'm gonna need to put a lot of time into to get myself. (I did just get to 607, so I have finally passed your FC count. Maybe we will have a new friendly rivalry here on ScoreHero )
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: CyanCrayon86948
Jellu  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're really on a roll! Getting close to the 85/93 and casually throwing in a random Battery FC while you're at it nice

FCs: 45 | 62 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 204/211 | Total 645/660
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, can't believe you got yet ANOTHER FC and couldn't even fit it in your thread title lol. Can't say I blame you, you've had quite the busy week or two!

Nemesis- tough song that hits on a lot of your weak points (strumming) but also suits your playstyle (hard part early on)
Burn- song you've been sort of close to for a while, but never close enough to seriously work for it
SFTSG- a song that was NEVER on your radar and for good reason. verse 3b is obviously the only real hard part but you had never even come close to hitting it until just a few days ago.
Battery- Certainly the easiest song you've FCd this week, but definitely no pushover. Just goes to show how much you've improved in the past two years since this was basically your easiest song left in the series lol

Can't wait to see what comes next! (even if it's GHL lol)
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"GHL progress" indeed! Your improvement at the game is quite impressive. I think you've clearly leveled up in the last week, getting stuff like Sundial, BATL, Wastelands, and Shadow Moses. It's really only a matter of time now until you FGFC. I know that sounds pretty painful, but at the rate you're improving, it should only get easier lol.
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
VertigoMan  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressive! SFTSG is insane, interesting tapping method, this was my 88th and took so much time. Also Nemesis is a great fc, especially with right technique, only song i had to spam for fc. -10 on WoR. Congrats! Holy Wars and WCSRIA would be next.

GH1 FCs: 46/47 | GH2 FCs: 63/64 | GH80s FCs: 30/30 | GH3 FCs: 68/70 | GHA FCs: 41/41 | GHWT FCs: 85/86 | GHM FCs: 48/49
GHSH FCs: 47/48 | GH5 FCs: 85/85 | GHVH FCs: 46/47 | GHWoR FCs: 89/93 | Total FCs: 648/660 | Old School 207/211!!!
Best FC: Ballroom Blitz!!!
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE - Thanks! HW would be fine if I could actually FC to the solo reliably. Alas....

Cyan - lol it didn't take you long at all to get SFTSG after that comment.

Jellu - Thanks! Yeah, getting to 85 would be a nice goal and stopping point, since everything else is hard as hell

Alex - Thanks for both the original comment and the bump! Guess I figured one overall update for the entire GHL FGFC would suffice, but it may have taken a bit longer than originally planned.
I am pretty surprised with the progress I made in WoR so far this year. And it felt really good to consider, attempt, and execute the Battery FC essentially in one day. (well, this time around lol)

Vertigoman - Thanks! Yeah, I wonder if my methods ended up being any more reliable than just spamming, but I like to think they helped out.

Bump for GHL FGFC!

April 6, 2022
Basically a month since the last update, and I finished the FGFC! Pretty happy with finally getting it done; it definitely took some work. I had a bit of an epiphany when I decided to try the towel trick for hyperspeed. That helped me not rush, and also it helped get a better feel for the calibration, which I always struggled with. Love Bites was the hardest song for me, but that, King For a Day and I Will Wait definitely gave me the most trouble overall. I'd still say TYMD is second hardest, but i guess I lucked out.
Videos of the last 10 or so songs are all on my YT if you're interested.
Oh and I randomly got the DJH FGFC for fun, so that's "two" FGFCs I suppose.

Now that that's over with, I'm going to continue my RB DLC journey as a way to de-stress. After that, I'm not sure. Maybe go for revenge on Scatterbrain or Institutionalized. Maybe clean up the last two doable songs in WoR. Maybe go for TKAR while I got FGFCs on the brain. We'll see.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GHL FGFC ! ! !
Way to go, that's some great work. Getting the FGFC without having access to GHTV to practice with harder stuff is no small feat. Also very nice to see that you pulled it off within about the 1 month that you wanted to dedicate to it, it's like you knew exactly how much time you would need.

Your year has been crazy so far. Keep it up.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooray! Despite GHL being one of the easiest FGFCs in GH/RB, it's still no cakewalk. Everything is just so awkward to learn, and the game engine feels wonky as well. Add to that the lack of HS and practice mode, and yeah FCing songs in this game gets annoying quick lol.

I knew it was possible as soon as you started getting stuff like BATL, but it's certainly satisfying to see you close out the FGFC after all this time. Sometimes sticking to one goal for a while pays off :)

It's too bad you can't access GHTV anymore, would've been a fun distraction from RB DLC :p
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you have clone hero, all the GHTV stuff has been ripped and playable. even the unreleased stuff.

anyway, congratz on both FGFC. DJH is a challenge even if it's only 10 songs simply for the fact that the engine is goddamn tight.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on two new FGFCs! Looking forward for GHA and GH5 FGFC, i saw that u have -2 on 21CSM so it is doable, i bet u missed in Uh Oh purple solo.

GH1 FCs: 46/47 | GH2 FCs: 63/64 | GH80s FCs: 30/30 | GH3 FCs: 68/70 | GHA FCs: 41/41 | GHWT FCs: 85/86 | GHM FCs: 48/49
GHSH FCs: 47/48 | GH5 FCs: 85/85 | GHVH FCs: 46/47 | GHWoR FCs: 89/93 | Total FCs: 648/660 | Old School 207/211!!!
Best FC: Ballroom Blitz!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 68 of 69

Jump to: