ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
SP in Misery Business (I'm not asking for the path)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SusDraconus  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: SP in Misery Business (I'm not asking for the path) Reply with quote

I can't seem to get enough SP for the third activation. Do I need 100% whammy in order to hit it? Here's the path I'm using

http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr207/Mangstah/miserybusiness_2.png
GRYBOPandRYBOGP  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to have a 100% whammy of all but 1/2 of a beat (I mean you can split the leeway between sustains, but the total leeway can't go above 1/2 of a beat). I recommend strumming and then putting the whammy bar down and then put it back up at the same pace and then strum again and continue the cycle, but then again, I am using information I read because I fail at whammying.

EDIT: Wow, I am stupid. I forgot about the little breaks in between sustains and notes.
The way you spelled Metallica reminds me of the way Lynyrd Skynyrd was spelled on the cover of GH:M originally.. >_>
ohh noes! typing error, someone call the police!!
Me - "Hello, 911. I'm calling on the behalf of Lynyrd Skynyrd. Neversoft has failed to spell the name correctly on the game, Guitar Hero: Metallica. This will effect their image and possibly reduce sales for the band. I suggest suing the company."
Police - "Who the fuck do you think you are? WMG? Get off our line."

Last edited by GRYBOPandRYBOGP on Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
xslaya22x  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually don't think that it's possible to get an activation out of that. It looks like 1/8 of a beat is chopped off at the end of each sustain... There are 9 sustains, and you need 8 beats of whammy to get an activation. 1/8 times 9 gives 9/8... 9 beats minus 9/8 is 1/8 short of 8 beats of whammy (i.e. math says that the activation isn't possible). Then again, if the idea that 7.5 beats of whammy is enough for an activation is correct then it may be possible, but it would be INSANELY difficult to get all that SP because of the fast BPM.

If the engine does in fact give you an activation for 7.5 beats of whammy then it is indeed possible (which was kind of a fucked up situation in GH3 because they chopped off sustains relative to the BPM in the first measure of a song). Otherwise, it's not possible.

TL:DR you need someone to verify that it's possible because it doesn't look like it is (it's completely dependent on gameplay mechanics).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my experience, with the sp notes not being chopped, it seems like you don't get an accelerated whammy rate. If you do, it's definitely NOT 7.5 beats = 8

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I believe in World Tour you need 7.75 beats of whammy for an activation not 7.5. At least that is what Piso told me a while ago.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btownsoccerstud wrote:
Also I believe in World Tour you need 7.75 beats of whammy for an activation not 7.5. At least that is what Piso told me a while ago.

Yeah, I haven't really been brought up to speed on the SP whammy rate in GH:WT...

For observations sake, the only reason there was an 'accelerated rate' of whammy in GH3 was because of the cut off sustains. Seeing as there aren't any cut-off's of the holds in GH:WT, I would imagine that the whammy rate is back to 8 beats for an SP activation. I would be surprised if 7.75 actually did it, but who knows these days

From my experiences with the game, I would say it's 8. For instance, it would be fairly easy to get an SP activation in the single-hold SP sections of re-education through labor if the whammy rate was 7.75 per activation. Someone would have done it by now if that were the case. Oh, well... time will tell I guess.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

btownsoccerstud wrote:

Yeah that's what I believe too, but whammying is very hard in this game. Though I got enough whammy for an activation in Lazy Eye's measure 119 & 120, which is 7,74 beats of whammy, I've been having trouble getting the 1/2 bar in Living On A Prayer's measure 90 & 91 (8 beats of whammy).

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UndeadFil13QC wrote:
btownsoccerstud wrote:

Yeah that's what I believe too, but whammying is very hard in this game. Though I got enough whammy for an activation in Lazy Eye's measure 119 & 120, which is 7,74 beats of whammy, I've been having trouble getting the 1/2 bar in Living On A Prayer's measure 90 & 91 (8 beats of whammy).

I'm never able to get that SP in Living on a Prayer either. I watched a video of some guy's optimal run and tried to emulate it, finding that I just couldn't get enough SP. I've recently been hitting every whammied sustain as early as possible and whammying right away, but I'm not sure if that's making a difference.

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: