ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Hier Kommt Alex chugging riff 2 (wtf?)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snowyporpoise  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Hier Kommt Alex chugging riff 2 (wtf?) Reply with quote

Is it just me, or does the second chugging riff randomly speed up in the middle of it? I can fc the first one easily, but the second one i cant...whats up with it?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It speeds up VERY slightly (from 133 BPM to 136), but I seriously doubt that's your problem. Personally, I always thought the second chugging riff sounded slightly out of sync compared to the first one; maybe it sounds like the tempo changes when it actually doesn't. In any event, you could try turning the guitar volume down from the audio menu; that helped me FC it since I could hear the drumbeats more easily and stay on the rhythm that way.
Téa: (Thinking) Look at him undressing me with his eyes! I wonder what he's thinking...
Yami: (Thinking) MAN, I hate milkshakes! (Squeezes milkshake cup) Die, milkshake, die! That's right, milkshake: you have been defeated! Now you go to milkshake prison!
My guides: BIF 5* | Most Impulsive Expert Guide Ever | Guide to Writing Guides | NfMH 5* | Practice Mode | My Curse FC | GH3 Co-op Squeezing
Proud Christian
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not alone. I always thought both the chugging riffs were off myself. I could never find a consistent speed; I was always falling above or behind the notes. But I could just be a bad alt-strummer.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think there's something wrong with the second one also.

There's not too much challenge to the riffs; the fret changes are all on downbeats and easy to time. The first one never gave me any challenge, but I would randomly miss on the second one even when using the same rhythm as the first part. I really don't know what the problem is with it, though...

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
A-Dubz  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zsjostrom35 wrote:
It speeds up VERY slightly (from 133 BPM to 136), but I seriously doubt that's your problem. Personally, I always thought the second chugging riff sounded slightly out of sync compared to the first one; maybe it sounds like the tempo changes when it actually doesn't. In any event, you could try turning the guitar volume down from the audio menu; that helped me FC it since I could hear the drumbeats more easily and stay on the rhythm that way.

I agree, I always thought it was a little out of sync too. They look and seem exactly the same to me but the second one is much harder, very weird.
My Accomplishments Thread
googleimage  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you have to strum slightly ahead for both of them, and HKA certainly isn't alone. Seems like Helicopter and even TTFAF have this problem throughout the song. And let's not get into Go That Far.
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

googleimage wrote:
I think you have to strum slightly ahead for both of them, and HKA certainly isn't alone. Seems like Helicopter and even TTFAF have this problem throughout the song. And let's not get into Go That Far.

Except it's insanely easy to downstrum GTF using the HOPOs.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
Derektm  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never thought they sped up at all. I've FC'd the song and personally, I'd say its a bit out of sync, enough to make you miss anyway. Its probably just a chart Red Octane didn't sped much time on.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i usually mess up because i strum that hammeron at the end. if you play the hammeron, it usually works, but if you dont you overstrum every time.
StarStricken  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the speed randomly changes. I've noticed countless times where my strumming never changed but i missed anyways.
22 FC's #22 Cities on Flame

Xbox Live: CardLeader
mikachu  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like maybe it's got a slight touch of the chart being slightly too fast for the music, resulting in synch issues in the second half of the song.

This is way more noticeable in Helicopter. I always ALWAYS broke combo on the long speed picking section, and wondered why, as it is not very challenging a section. I calibrated the lag to 50ms, and instantly FC'd it.

Perhaps calibrating the lag to like 20 or so will help for Heir Kommt Alex.

EDIT: holy shit, I just did that (20ms lag calibration) to TTFAF and got the 5* i've been attempting for the past week. Well over the cutoff actually. My score jumped from 550k to almost 590k.

New pro-tip: Certain songs in GH3 are fixed by 20ms calibration.
AlderDragon  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I noticed this as well when I was trying to FC this song.

I've noticed on the Wii that certain things seem to be off-beat as opposed to other versions of the game (except perhaps ps2). In Slowest practice mode, the bass/rhythm is so far off of the regular track that it's nearly unplayable. I've listened to TTFAF on the Wii and 360 at exactly the same time, and I can notice a difference in the tempo of the drums in Post Insanity.

It does this for a few songs but that's beside the point. Where I was getting at with that was the audio settings. Adjust them so that the song sounds right to you. It's better to strum too slowly than to strum too quickly (if you are going for an FC). If you strum a bit too late, you will know because the note will come down farther than normal. If you strum too early, though, it's hard to tell unless you have it calibrated in a certain way.

The slight increase of speed in Hier Kommt Alex's second chugging section won't effect your performance, and doing exactly the same on both sections would probably be fine. Just keep trying. Good luck.
AppleNick  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me or are there more notes in the second Chugging Riff?
mikachu  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AppleNick wrote:

It's just you. It's the same amount of notes.

And the second chugging riff is essentially the same speed, it's just that at that point in the song, the notes are slightly offset (too early) compared to the song.

But it's only by a very very slight amount. I tested it in practice, and I was able to keep combo playing pretty much what sounded like in time withe music. I could see that I was in danger of losing combo, but there are songs that are way more off.

Play Helicopter. Try to FC the speedpicking section.
Now calibrate the lag 20-60ms and try it again.
Assuming you're trying to play along with the music, your results will be better.
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikachu wrote:
AppleNick wrote:

It's just you. It's the same amount of notes.

And the second chugging riff is essentially the same speed, it's just that at that point in the song, the notes are slightly offset (too early) compared to the song.

But it's only by a very very slight amount. I tested it in practice, and I was able to keep combo playing pretty much what sounded like in time withe music. I could see that I was in danger of losing combo, but there are songs that are way more off.

Play Helicopter. Try to FC the speedpicking section.
Now calibrate the lag 20-60ms and try it again.
Assuming you're trying to play along with the music, your results will be better.

I can definitely vouch for this. Playing Helicopter at my normal calibration setting, I would listen to the music and strum the way it sounded. It was pretty ridiculous how late I was hitting the notes, and I had to unnaturally speed up my strumming... I had to play by vision rather than sound, which was really confusing...

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: