ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
PS2 memory card problems in relation to Midnight Club 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: PS2 memory card problems in relation to Midnight Club 3 Reply with quote

I found something incredibly strange...

Apparently the game hates Atlanta. Playing through San Diego, it works fine. However, when I go to Atlanta through the movers, the game won't load music and will freeze when I try to enter a race. If I load a game that was last saved in Atlanta after quitting, it just won't load the data at all. I played it without the memory card, but I never made it to Atlanta; it worked perfectly fine on San Diego though. I cleaned the disk, I used Game Doctor, I polished it with toothpaste, and while they made the disk run much more smoothly, the game still refused to play Atlanta.

Because of this, I'm almost positive it's the memory card... how do I fix it? Can I copy the data to a new one? I'm not starting over.

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs

Last edited by yksi-kaksi-kolme on Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the disc get bad?
Your laser may need a cleaning, go the the mighty Squirrel's Fix Your Own Console thread for help.
Xbox 360, Halo edition Jasper RGH1.2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Desertman123
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desertman123 wrote:
Did the disc get bad?
Your laser may need a cleaning, go the the mighty Squirrel's Fix Your Own Console thread for help.

I actually did get a used disk, but there are no scratches and the game runs without a hitch when the memory card isn't in there.

I also should mention that GH2 runs fine for extended playtime (10 hours +), so it's not the PS2 itself either.

But what the hell? I might as well try it.

I think the culprits, though, are the "rails" mentioned by munkyzero in Squirrel's thread. When it freezes, the disk makes all these unhealthy scratchy/clicky noises. Maybe I need to clean and lubricate the rails? It's worth a shot.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Desertman123 wrote:
Did the disc get bad?

I actually did get a used disk, but there are no scratches and the game runs without a hitch when the memory card isn't in there.

I also should mention that GH2 runs fine for extended playtime (10 hours +), so it's not the PS2 itself either.

But what the hell? I might as well try it.

I think the culprits, though, are the "rails" mentioned by munkyzero in Squirrel's thread. When it freezes, the disk makes all these unhealthy scratchy/clicky noises. Maybe I need to clean and lubricate the rails? It's worth a shot.

Lubing it might help it, but won't fix it, most likely.
Xbox 360, Halo edition Jasper RGH1.2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Desertman123
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so apparently my game hates Atlanta or something.

Playing through San Diego works perfectly fine. However, loading a game that was last saved in Atlanta freezes the game before it even loads my damn data. Trying to go to Atlanta through the movers in the game itself makes the music not load and the game freeze when I try to play a race. Uggh, it's probably the disk.

Used games suck. I'm just buying a new one off ebay >_>

EDIT: Nope, it's not the disk. I just made it to Atlanta without a memory card in (took awhile) and the music loads fine... I was even able to play 5 races without any problems at all.

How can I fix this? Do I need to get a new memory card and copy the data to that, or what?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: