Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Marijuana to possibly be completely legalized in CA
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
psychomonkey62  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:16 am    Post subject: Marijuana to possibly be completely legalized in CA Reply with quote

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2009/02/get_up_stand_up_ammiano_introd.php

And the follow-up:

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2009/02/legalize_it_ammiano_to_introdu.php

Well this is interesting. It could definitely help solve California's economic problems, that's for sure.

taxes + increased tourism = mucho dinero
Deathblooms51  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's about time.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, California is finally redeeming itself after that prop 8 bullshit

Proud Social Liberal. What are you? Post your result in your signature. Genius, genius, and genius.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
BA142  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the whole country should legalize the stuff. It would probably help the economy a lot. But they would overprice it and tax the shit out of it. So people would still just pick up from their dealer.
mrnuzzlespleen  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can't be fully legalized if it's still federally interdicted. They'll have the same problems as before.

"I asked this guy, 'Come on man, dinosaur fossils, what's the deal? He goes 'God put those here to test our faith'."
"I think God put you here to test MY faith, dude".
-Bill Hicks
footballtom3685  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BA142 wrote:
the whole country should legalize the stuff. It would probably help the economy a lot. But they would overprice it and tax the shit out of it. So people would still just pick up from their dealer.
From the article:
Quote:
In a nutshell, here's what the bill would do: "Remove all penalties under California law for the cultivation, transportation, sale, purchase, possession, and use of marijuana, natural THC and paraphernalia by persons over the age of 21," "prohibit local and state law enforcement officials from enforcing federal marijuana laws (more on that later)" and establish a fee of $50 an ounce on marijuana on top of whatever pot will cost in a legal future - which legalization advocates say is about half what it costs now. This tax rate figures at about a buck a joint.

I don't smoke it and I don't plan to, but this will be very very helpful for the economy if it can pass. Seems like a very nice step in the right direction for CA, with our economy doing so poorly right now even in comparison to the rest of the country.
ThunderPower  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So they outlaw gay marriage and legalize weed? That makes tons of sense. Good fucking job, California.
endstille  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few friends who will be moving to California shortly.

Why aren't religious people considered conspiracy theorists? They believe there's a "behind the scenes" operation going on.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: kunze16
BA142  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footballtom3685 wrote:
BA142 wrote:
From the article:
Quote:
In a nutshell, here's what the bill would do: "Remove all penalties under California law for the cultivation, transportation, sale, purchase, possession, and use of marijuana, natural THC and paraphernalia by persons over the age of 21," "prohibit local and state law enforcement officials from enforcing federal marijuana laws (more on that later)" and establish a fee of $50 an ounce on marijuana on top of whatever pot will cost in a legal future - which legalization advocates say is about half what it costs now. This tax rate figures at about a buck a joint.

I don't smoke it and I don't plan to, but this will be very very helpful for the economy if it can pass. Seems like a very nice step in the right direction for CA, with our economy doing so poorly right now even in comparison to the rest of the country.

should have read that lol. and wow. 50 bucks an ounce? that'll run you like 300ish on the street lol. They really should pass this, it really could help the economy a lot...
endstille  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BA142 wrote:
footballtom3685 wrote:
BA142 wrote:
From the article:
Quote:

should have read that lol. and wow. 50 bucks an ounce? that'll run you like 300ish on the street lol. They really should pass this, it really could help the economy a lot...

Edit: My brain wasn't doing math right, disregard this.

Why aren't religious people considered conspiracy theorists? They believe there's a "behind the scenes" operation going on.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: kunze16
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it'll be nice to have my entire dorm to myself since I'm sure all three of my roommates will be moving as soon as they read this .

Never smoked anything in my life since it's illegal (but I probably still won't once/if it gets legalized), but this could help out the economy quite a bit. I'm interested in seeing what will happen with this.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BA142 wrote:
footballtom3685 wrote:
BA142 wrote:
From the article:
Quote:

No, they plan to add a FEE of $50 to each ounce bought. But since they want to make the core price about half of the street price anyway, it's still a great deal. Everyone wins; the state gets their much-needed tax money, the legal system gets a much-needed break, and Californians get to smoke weed legally for a reduced cost!

All assuming the bill is passed, of course.
mac081793  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This whole thing just sounds so weird. I've never smoked it before, nor do I plan to even if it does get passed. But heck, who knows, if my friend had some and offered me, then sure, why not.

I'd be more willing to try it if it's going to be legalized. I guess this might help the economy.
LordAnarchy  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrnuzzlespleen wrote:
It can't be fully legalized if it's still federally interdicted. They'll have the same problems as before.

this is something a lot of people dont realize, its still illegal by federal law

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LordAnarchy wrote:
mrnuzzlespleen wrote:

this is something a lot of people dont realize, its still illegal by federal law

Well, this means if this does get passed, you can smoke it and not get in trouble with any state cops, but if any federal agents go to CA and see you smoking it, you will get busted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: