SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Bone/Riddo: Quick update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BoneDeath  

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkiePie91 wrote:
Well, my friend, best of luck on getting 200/211! Also, 200k on the first FC run! What's your best run on the Ballroom Blitz solo... that I may have forgotten what it's called... 2A?

Also best of luck if you decide to go back to GH2 and hopefully one of us can finally take H18 down... Think we're both sitting at multiple one miss runs.

Let's not talk about Ballroom Blitz I'd daresay my best run would be like a -10 or something though, haven't put much effort into it as of yet. Multiple one miss runs is correct indeed for H18 anywho, onto an update!

It's been a long time coming but I'm finally starting to edge closer to that glorious 200/211 FC mark of the original 211 songs. Currently sitting at 24 GH1 FC's 60 GH2 FC's, 29 80's FC's and 68 GH3 FC's, so it's quite clear where the work needs to be put in

So, after my 10th Solo 9 choke of Hangar 18 (FML) I did my best not to throw my GH2 disc out the window as I changed over to GH1 :^)

GH1 is still very new to me, however I'm starting to get better at it a bit quicker than before. I managed to score 18 or so FC's on my initial run through the career and bonus setlist and went back through a few ones I missed as well:

Think I've mentioned this in the thread before, got this one during my setlist runthrough, wasn't *too* hard but it certainly frustrated me. Good for 15th place.

Another one during the initial runthrough, the triplets weren't the sticking point for the FC, surprisingly. Another top 15 score here too.

Holy fuck those tempo changes did my head in. One song where having hyperspeed would have made the FC so much quicker.

Spent a solid week on this song on and off, numerous dumb misses after the first actual solo but managed to string it all together this run. Could do much better with the 3rd (?) activation back end but decent enough for now.

I've had numerous close calls with Frankenstein, most notably a -1 in the triplet solo which was extremely infuriating, and one miss trying to early whammy the SP after the triplet solo my -1 score is good for 10th place surprisingly, guess the new path was very new. Haven't been switching to dualshock for holding ticks on pauses because it seems like far too much hassle to do so.

Other notable runs include a 217k Fire it Up run with only 2 misses (lolwut), a Cowboys From Hell 458k that featured a missed SP phrase but an FC of the zigzag thingy-majig, and a 297k Decontrol run with a couple of misses in the strummy part of the solo. My confidence is slowly growing, and the game engine seems less daunting by the minute.

Assuming I don't FC anything outside of GH1, I need to get to 43/47 to hit the 200 FC mark, which realistically means FC'ing Cowboys From Hell and one of Decontrol (most likely), Fire it Up or Get Ready 2 Rokk. Wish me luck...

GH1 FC's: 42/47 | GH2 FC's: 73/74 | 80's FC's: 29/30 | GH3 FC's: 68/70

PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You and your pause/controller switching-squeezing skills! Jesus, that's an insane Franky score.... Insane TK-65 score as well! Also if you hit that 400(?) post solo on Take It Off (Think that's the hard one) you'd have 2nd (Just woke up, math is hard)

Also... 100% agree with you on The Breaking Wheel... one I got a semi-decent score on it, the only time I played it afterwards was when I got a bit drunk. At least I get to keep my rank on that and Godzilla lol. Also... ouch on Franky... I thankfully only had one post trill choke, hopefully, it only happens to you these two times... I may have to go back and try to get some better scores.... as if you do get 43-44/47 I think you have a pretty good chance of getting in top 10. Also, I really hope you get 7 stars on your first Decontrol FC, which I truly think you'll be getting quite soon.

Also, I truly hope you have nowhere near as many chokes on probably... half the hard songs past 40. It's been a very long time since I've read OSSOD, many thanks for that!

Best of luck my friend!
BoneDeath  

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkiePie91 wrote:
You and your pause/controller switching-squeezing skills! Jesus, that's an insane Franky score.... Insane TK-65 score as well! Also if you hit that 400(?) post solo on Take It Off (Think that's the hard one) you'd have 2nd (Just woke up, math is hard)

Also... 100% agree with you on The Breaking Wheel... one I got a semi-decent score on it, the only time I played it afterwards was when I got a bit drunk. At least I get to keep my rank on that and Godzilla lol. Also... ouch on Franky... I thankfully only had one post trill choke, hopefully, it only happens to you these two times... I may have to go back and try to get some better scores.... as if you do get 43-44/47 I think you have a pretty good chance of getting in top 10. Also, I really hope you get 7 stars on your first Decontrol FC, which I truly think you'll be getting quite soon.

Also, I truly hope you have nowhere near as many chokes on probably... half the hard songs past 40. It's been a very long time since I've read OSSOD, many thanks for that!

Best of luck my friend!

Just pausing skills right now, the dualshock stays untouched :P as shall be on display in a video soon(tm). Yeah that Take it Off score was kind of insane, I'll have to try for that 400 again but I don't think it'll be easy. A 2nd place score would be nice though!

Godzilla is currently my warm-up song so there is a slight chance it might be in danger, but that would require a first try FC I've actually gotten a lot worse at the Decontrol solo, I need to have a proper look at it again because I constantly break combo just before the 16th notes now.

I'll take any excuse to mention the OSSOD :P as for Frankenstein news...

Probably my worst SP usage on this song but got the FC! Went up exactly 0 places from my -1 run a couple of days ago lmao. Also a video that will be uploaded sometime in the future, if I do this song again I might try switching to the dualshock to hold the sustains.

So that's #42 on the GH1 FC breakdown done, I managed to improve my score on #43 (Cowboys From Hell) to 469k tonight as well, held an FC outside of the solo which I haven't managed before. Did awfully compared to how I normally do on the triplet-zag though. Not sure if I should start doing the other songs before this one or to try grind it out for a few days. Nonetheless, a happy camper right now

PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneDeath wrote:

Just pausing skills right now, the dualshock stays untouched :P as shall be on display in a video soon(tm). Yeah that Take it Off score was kind of insane, I'll have to try for that 400 again but I don't think it'll be easy. A 2nd place score would be nice though!

Godzilla is currently my warm-up song so there is a slight chance it might be in danger, but that would require a first try FC I've actually gotten a lot worse at the Decontrol solo, I need to have a proper look at it again because I constantly break combo just before the 16th notes now.

I'll take any excuse to mention the OSSOD :P as for Frankenstein news...

Probably my worst SP usage on this song but got the FC! Went up exactly 0 places from my -1 run a couple of days ago lmao. Also a video that will be uploaded sometime in the future, if I do this song again I might try switching to the dualshock to hold the sustains.

So that's #42 on the GH1 FC breakdown done, I managed to improve my score on #43 (Cowboys From Hell) to 469k tonight as well, held an FC outside of the solo which I haven't managed before. Did awfully compared to how I normally do on the triplet-zag though. Not sure if I should start doing the other songs before this one or to try grind it out for a few days. Nonetheless, a happy camper right now

I would say knock out a few of the easier FC's first before jumping to CfH/Decontrol. Though... if you go that route like myself and most others I assume did, you'll just be stuck with grinding the same 5-7 songs forever + whatever squeezes/some ticks you missed.

I've been... slowly increasing scores (mostly by 4-12 points...) so if you do end up with a high 214XXX score on Godzilla... I may try to get some improvement on it.

I would also like to believe that most people have that issue with Decontrol's Solo, of it being... rather easy to hit, to roadblock to FC. I know... I only had like 6 phases of that, possibly 7* someday :p

Very fast improvements my friend!
Lavableman  

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why haven't you done Story of My Love yet? I haven't heard the song in almost a decade, is it just terrible to listen to?
BoneDeath  

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkiePie91 wrote:
I would say knock out a few of the easier FC's first before jumping to CfH/Decontrol. Though... if you go that route like myself and most others I assume did, you'll just be stuck with grinding the same 5-7 songs forever + whatever squeezes/some ticks you missed.

I've been... slowly increasing scores (mostly by 4-12 points...) so if you do end up with a high 214XXX score on Godzilla... I may try to get some improvement on it.

I would also like to believe that most people have that issue with Decontrol's Solo, of it being... rather easy to hit, to roadblock to FC. I know... I only had like 6 phases of that, possibly 7* someday :p

Very fast improvements my friend!

I should probably do some of the easier songs yeah, I get sucked into the grind on harder songs so easily though >_< but that'll be the plan after the weekend, probably going home for a few days which means no PS2/360 access.

The Godzilla scores are 229XXX so you might be mistaken there :P I don't think I'll be improving it any time soon, realistically.

You've described that quite well, there's a definite plateau that I feel I've hit there. I might retry the towel trick, lack of hyperspeed kind of addles with my brain and I play waaaay too early sometimes.

Layableman wrote:
Why haven't you done Story of My Love yet? I haven't heard the song in almost a decade, is it just terrible to listen to?

I've literally played that song once, and I could have sworn I FC'd it save for the end screen telling me I didn't lol. Will get it when I clean up the easier songs

In today's news, my phone has a slightly broken screen and LCD which means I can't upload the Frankenstein video just yet, and in the meantime I get to use the glorious photo quality of my 3DS for proof of score, as shown here:

If you can't make out the 12 pixels in that photo clearly, the song I FC'd was Free Bird.

71/74 for GH2X!

P.S: Oh and I FC'd Iron Man sometime in the last couple of days. Woo?

bushidox  

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sir, are tearing it up as of late, nice work. In reference to your query, you indeed have enough points to make the O211 board for Expert Guitar:
23 67,856,374 BoneDeath

I think that with the skills you have shown, you have a realistic upper bound of say Pinkie's skills, which would be a bit above 68.1 million points, and a mere 100k from the top 10. Impressive stuff indeed! I look forward to your continued progress.
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548
BoneDeath  

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushidox wrote:
You sir, are tearing it up as of late, nice work. In reference to your query, you indeed have enough points to make the O211 board for Expert Guitar:
23 67,856,374 BoneDeath

I think that with the skills you have shown, you have a realistic upper bound of say Pinkie's skills, which would be a bit above 68.1 million points, and a mere 100k from the top 10. Impressive stuff indeed! I look forward to your continued progress.

Oh wow, I didn't think I'd quite be top 25 yet! That's crazy. Cheers for adding me in.

Holy crap it actually happened.

That makes it 72/74 for GH2X. I think today has peaked, I might just go to bed now.

PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an absolutely insane score for a first FC! Glad you finally got it, man, hopefully, everything will click for me soon.
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing! You should do more of GH1 now, I'm sure you could get at least to 42/47 very quickly. Keep it up!

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
BoneDeath  

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkiePie91 wrote:
That's an absolutely insane score for a first FC! Glad you finally got it, man, hopefully, everything will click for me soon.

Cheers man! So happy it finally happened. It was my first proper run of the song for the day, I think I restarted once because I messed up 2B for the first time in like a year keep working at it! I know you can get it done.

UndeadFil13QC wrote:
Amazing! You should do more of GH1 now, I'm sure you could get at least to 42/47 very quickly. Keep it up!

I think that will be the plan yeah, I'll drop in GH2 every now and then to make sure I don't go out of practice too badly with Jordan, but it's full steam GH1 from here. I'm not expecting it to be any sort of cakewalk though, I'm finding out quickly that I struggle a lot more with using weird strumming patterns than anything else, a good example of this is my Texas Flood rank being much worse than any of the other Face-Melters songs (EDIT: just improved my Texas Flood score by like 30-40k today and went up around 150 ranks lmao). Here's hoping I don't get stuck on an objectively easy song like Iron Man again >_<

bushidox  

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work this week. With your 4 new shiny GH1 FCs, plus some redux, you are just shy of the 68 million point mark for the O211, a very impressive feat indeed. Getting that last 23k will put you in pretty rare company and may move you from your current position of 20th up to 15th. 200/211 and 68 million clubs here you come! Keep up the great work.
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548
BoneDeath  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushidox wrote:
Nice work this week. With your 4 new shiny GH1 FCs, plus some redux, you are just shy of the 68 million point mark for the O211, a very impressive feat indeed. Getting that last 23k will put you in pretty rare company and may move you from your current position of 20th up to 15th. 200/211 and 68 million clubs here you come! Keep up the great work.

Cheers mate. GH1 is still proving to be super challenging for me, which is a lot of fun and kind of frustrating at the same time, especially with things like Ziggy Stardust, that solo took forever to play at the correct speed. Here's hoping 68 million doesn't take too long to hit!

Mini update as well:

Been working on some GH80's songs the past two days, reduxing some of the final tier songs has gotten me an extra 400-ish on Police Truck and a tied 3rd place score on Seventeen. ^_^

Apart from those, I've spent a lot of time on Solo 1B of Ballroom Blitz, my best practice mode runs have been -1 in the last couple of notes before the end chord (done twice) so I've been getting much better at it, but it's not translating well at all to actual runs, current best is a -6 which was a one off. I seem to be much worse at sections when star power is active as compared to when it isn't >_<

EDIT: Oh and I FC'd a few GH1 songs to get to 30/47 FC's on there before heading on to 80s again, in order they were Smoke on the Water, Sharp Dressed Man, Ziggy Stardust and Ace of Spades. 189/200 for the goal now!

skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, GREAT job on Hangar 18! That is such a ridiculous song, as you well know. Way to be persistent and keep on trying at it, never giving up. That is a well earned FC, sir!

And your GHI is looking pretty good. 45/47 looks possible, yes?

BoneDeath  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinnywhitecomic wrote:
Dude, GREAT job on Hangar 18! That is such a ridiculous song, as you well know. Way to be persistent and keep on trying at it, never giving up. That is a well earned FC, sir!

And your GHI is looking pretty good. 45/47 looks possible, yes?

That song was an emotional rollercoaster and a half. So so happy to get it done

45/47 for GH1 sounds like a good long term goal, there's no chance I'm getting Fire It Up anytime soon but the rest shouldn't be out of my reach at the moment, I've just got to put the time in and learn the strumming patterns and whatnot.

"Small" update again on my Ballroom Blitz progress: here's a Solo 1B FC!

Holy crap the GH80's FGFC is certainly within reach right now. I also think that Ballroom Blitz is my best chance of getting a 1st place score too, I can hit the 2nd activation squeeze ~90% of the time which is just nuts, xbillax is in 2nd place by 100 points or so and he doesn't even try for it. I've also hit the last squeeze twice, but there's no way I'd even think of trying it on a FC run unless I missed the 400 on the 4th activation and needed to make it up. A couple of hours of resets done so far since the 1B FC to no avail, hoping I can get it tonight before I head home and away from the PS2 tomorrow.

EDIT: Done for the night, no FC sadly but a new highest note streak of 412 is promising. A break from these games might be good though, played them probably too much recently.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11

Jump to: