Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Bendover: The "easy" grind is over, 713/725 Xgtr FCs
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bendover  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:00 am    Post subject: Bendover: The "easy" grind is over, 713/725 Xgtr F Reply with quote

Steam ID: BendoverSH
Youtube: HonkIfYoureAGiraffe
Twitch: skulljoike
FC total: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-SxygWfllh6H6MMKfB_X67UIC-a3iRENsqJ6phETJfw/edit?usp=sharing

Update 22

Did a looooong grind today (only 13 FCs, but GHM so each song is like 2 songs) to get up to 713/725! That's 648/660 for you BH naysayers and 206/211 for the OGs. I've tried to get more FCs on GH5 vox but I'm really not in the swing of things for vocals, might take some time to get my skills back :/. I know that I can get any vox FC in the series, it's just a matter of playing the songs and grinding some (most) of them.

Some highlights from the last FCs in GHM:
-Disposable Heroes 1st try FC (practiced the solo once, FCd it, then did a real run and got it first try)
-Seek & Destroy SRFC, solo has some weird strumming patterns, pretty happy with myself for being able to adjust and learn it as it was happening.

1892/2121 for the OMBFSFC, spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-SxygWfllh6H6MMKfB_X67UIC-a3iRENsqJ6phETJfw/edit?usp=sharing

Update 21

Yay! Been pretty busy with work and other real-life circumstances, haven't been able to play as much as I would like. But I got my first FSFC, bass! I still have tons of score reduxing to get to eventually (top 5 on every game is my goal for now), but it feels like I've passed a huge milestone, even though I should've had this years ago, I just didn't have GHM lol. My next step is getting everything but One on GHM and then beginning the huge vocals grind I have ahead of me. I think it'll be fun to get back to, and I don't think I'm in any danger of burning out any time soon. I'm coming for that 2121 GHX >:)

Update 20

Hey all! I finally have access to my GH stuff again, drums only for today and tomorrow, but I'll have my guitar and mic for at least the rest of the Summer (until late September). I finally got a copy of GHM too so expect a bass FSFC pretty soon. I've also gotten up to 464/468 drum FCs, I'm missing:

4. Hot for Teacher (GHVH)
3. Fury of the Storm
2. Space Truckin'
1. Beast and the Harlot

I think all of these are doable for me (-1 on everything but ST, which is like -3) but it would be pretty insane to get all four in the next two days. I can still try though!

Also got Ties That Bind XGtr FC, pretty happy about this one even though it's overdue af.

Update 19.5

To summarize the progress of the last couple of days:

+2 GH1 FCs (Texas Flood, Frankenstein)
+4 GHWOR Vox FCs (easy stuff)

misc. drum FCs (incl. the ones I needed to get my third Band Hero FGFC), now down to 7 songs not FCd. This is the order for how hard I think they'll be to get:

7. Holy Wars
6. Hang Em High
5. Hot for Teacher (GHVH)
4. Bat Country
3. Space Truckin
2. Fury of the Storm
1. Beast and the Harlot

4-5 of these are hard just because my blue pad tends to drop notes at faster speeds. I'll probably replace it with a different pad tomorrow to see if that helps. Fury of the Storm will be a huge challenge, but I have a tech FC. BatH I have like 20% consistency on the solo so it'll probably just be a huge grind.

Also, for the hell of it, the songs I have left in GH1/2:

5. Decontrol
4. Beast and the Harlot
3. Fire It Up
2. Bark at the Moon
1. Trogdor

I don't understand the decontrol solo, or how fast strumming sections work in GH1 in general. But I still think it's easier than anything else I have left. BatH is gonna be a grind, just like on drums, for similar reasons. Fire it Up is weird but learnable. BatM is ridiculous but I did get a -1 the other day so there's hope. Trogdor is actually impossible until I can either find my swap magic disc or get a new one.

Update 19

BH Bass was ezpz, but imo way more fun than BH Guitar. Pop songs sometimes have pretty good/funky basslines, unless it's Black Horse & The Cherry Tree I guess.

GHSH Vocals was pretty fun since I knew most of the songs already, but there were definitely some majorly difficult songs in there too. I think the best ones were probably Nothin' But A Good Time, Killer Queen, and Cherry Pie. Each one probably took about 2-3 hours, but other than that most songs went down in like 3-5 tries. =]

Next up: GHWOR Vox, drum stuff once my pedal gets here (tomorrow I hope), random guitar FCs here and there.

Update 18

Weeeeee, GHVH Bass FGFC. 41/44 SRFCs I think? I didn't get Mean Street, Hang 'Em High, or The Takedown on Sightread but I'm pretty sure everything else is. If there were a way to erase memories I'd go for SROMBFSFC Kappa.

I might see if I can get some streaming set up from my laptop's webcam and stream some Eruption grinding later. Got a -3 on a derust run and got past the strumming with an FC for the first time ever (separate runs) earlier today, so I feel like it'll happen soon.

Update 17

Played some GH this last week when I came home, basically just grinding out easy WOR stuff to get it up to 89/93 on XGuitar. Sudden Death, FotS, Chemical Warfare, and Ties That Bind are all that's left and I'm very close on all of those besides CW (only hit Solo 1 once ever). I go back to school tomorrow but I definitely want to get those taken care of before 2015, and I'll have a couple of weeks to do that during winter break. No pics because I forgot my camera at school, so this is just a quick progress update I guess.

Update 16

CfH marks my 42nd GH1 FC. I've always thought this game was super hard and I'm really surprised I even managed to FC everything outside of the 7 "impossible" songs. This one's pretty easy compared to the other 6 I think (Frankenstein would be easier but my consistency with the trill is nonexistent), the solo is fast, but it's very straightforward, so it's not much of a mental battle like Texas Flood where you have to remember the strumming patterns to multiple awkward parts. I'm at 204/211 for the original series now, and I think I can still get the songs in the title, along with BatH.

I've also been playing GH5 vocals recently but I'm at the point where every song I have left is easily a multi hour grind. This game is A LOT harder than WT, for sure. Choked the last phrase of Fame too, so it's just hard to get the motivation to play GH5 at all recently.

Update 15

Get Ready 2 Rokk

nother day, nother shit quality fc video

Update 14

Ballroom Blitz
Play With Me

I really like this game a lot. It's pretty unique in the series as a whole, and even though it's short, almost every song has a fun or challenging solo. It would've been pretty cool to see other decade based games, especially once GH expanded beyond just guitar.

BB was pretty much a luck based FC. I've hit the solo a total of 13 times now and I couldn't ever really figure out what I was doing differently on all my unsuccessful attempts except maybe fretting too slowly, which seems to be a theme with fast strumming parts (ItO). Play With Me actually took longer because you still have to be pretty precise in solo A with your strums, and it goes on for way longer than BB. Plus, choking in solo D is way too easy. I think I'll play GH1 next, and hopefully I can finish GH5 vox in the next 24 days before school starts.

Update 13

Kinda bad scores on both of these but oh well, I'll have to redux this game sometime anyway. Even though these two songs are so hard I don't think the FGFC is in the clear just yet since I still have Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting), Sympathy For The Devil, Sultans of Swing, Play That Funky Music, and Fame left, among some other easier stuff.

Update 12

BB -2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3km6orGYENQ

Like the description says, I have 0 consistency with this solo. But, I've hit it probably about 7-8 times in practice so far, so I'll try to FC soon. I have 27/30 FCs right now, missing this, EE, and Play With Me. EE is easy but it hurts my hand so I don't play it very much. PWM should be easy but I keep missing in dumb spots.

Update 11

Another single pic update, but hopefully I'll get a lot of cool stuff at once again soon. This happened on my first try after giving up on trying to calibrate the game on my LCD and switching to a CRT. I did hit the solo even on my laggy LCD, but I was nowhere near consistent at it. Also played some GH1 and got "-1" (only missed in one part) on Texas Flood (one of the weird parts in the solo), GR2R (that super fast OBYOBY fill), and Frankenstein (the trill, which is also the only hard part so this isn't impressive really)

Update 10

Short progress bump on GH5 vox, currently at 68/83, so only 15 more vox FCs until OMBFGFC of GH5! I'm getting pretty close to Superstition but I haven't even touched some of the other difficult ones I have left.

Update 9

It's done. This is easily my greatest accomplishment in this whole series of games. Not one of these 4 FGFCs was easy for me at the time I got them. Satch Boogie guitar was an impossible roadblock for so long. I left it alone for years figuring I would never be good enough to even hit Solo D in the first place, let alone make it through F without choking. Scream Aim Fire drums tested my patience with my double kick ability, which had always been lacking. Hotel California & Overkill drums eluded me for so long with their broken notes. No songs on bass stood out to me, though open notes were an interesting challenge since I wasn't used to them at the time. And finally vocals, a FGFC I said I would never get, I got in under a month when I sucked it up and accepted the grind. It is easily the most surprising FGFC to me. I always knew it would be tough because the engine was fairly precise and I'm shit at hearing a pitch and reproducing it (still am) but I persevered, and through a frankly unhealthy amount of playing and grinding I got all 83 FCs, bringing my FC total for GHWT up to 337.

I absolutely could not have accomplished this without the support of the community back then and now, even though it's gotten so much smaller. I couldn't have done it without arvain, whose dedication to the game inspired me back then to get as many FCs as I could, and who made a very helpful vox video of L'Via that helped me to FC it. Similarly, the videos of Dr00bles, Airshock, Wooffus, and tidus all helped with a couple of particularly nasty FCs. WarlordTm with his knowledge of drum's broken notes and his skill made that FGFC possible above everything else. Machchunk, spaz, ccmoose, and Lee, I'd like to thank for being my good friends and encouraging me to go for FCs I thought were impossible and had given up on at the time.

I also FGFCd Band Hero Guitar a few days ago, but I forgot to update about it. Along with WT Vox that gives me 13/33 FGFCs for the series. I plan to go for WOR Guitar next, and get some bass along the way. Then there's always GH5 vox as well, though I'm a little burned out on the instrument at the moment.

Update 8

I definitely wasn't expecting to get so many of the difficult ones I had left at the last update in one day. Still struggling with Escuela de Calor and, now that I've played it, Never Too Late. Seriously, it's hard just to figure out what the fuck is going on in that song, let along execute it. I'm updating now because I feel like it will be a while before I get both of these FCs. Or it could happen tonight, I really don't know.

Update 7

Misery Business
American Woman
Spiderwebs
Nuvole E Lenzuola
Purple Haze (Live)

Some notable vox FCs since my last update Currently stuck on Escuela de Calor, might skip it for now if it takes too long. Only 12 FCs to go until WT OMBXFGFC!

Update 6

Dammit
The Joker

Another quick progress update, I passed 1400 overall X FCs, very close to 2/3rds of the series FCd. I'm getting these vocal FCs at a pretty good rate, although I am about to enter the hard stuff (like The Joker wasn't hard enough x_x) so... FGFC in like 2-3 weeks? That's my goal, and it'll come even sooner if I don't get roadblocked on anything.

Update 5

FC Totals August 5th, 2014

Just a quick progress update, spent the last two days getting Van Halen Guitar FCs. Everything but Eruption and ITO. Pretty close to Eruption and my best on Solo 2A so far is -2.

WT Vox also got some attention with 13 new FCs. Nothing particularly good, though I did finish up the Tool set (only needed Parabola). Vocals is easily the most time consuming FC grind for me, but it's also very rewarding. I'm having a lot of fun learning all these songs too.

Update 4

Holy fucking shit it's fucking over. TTFAF & GH3 FGFC. It's been about 3 years since I got my first -1 on this song (I think? Could be anywhere from 2 to 3 years, hiatus and all) and I probably should've just went for it then if only to avoid the psychic pain of grinding this for the last three days. But fuck that yo, it's over!

GHWT vocals are progressing nicely too, which I'm sure arvain will be happy to hear My goal now is WT and 5 vox FGFCs (and consequently, OMBFGFCs of those games) by the end of summer, with BH Guitar/Bass as a secondary goal. I'm also gonna talk to my neighbors about a drumming schedule so hopefully there'll be some progress on that front soon too ^.^

Update 3

Another FGFC down! GHWT Guitar marks my 10th. Nothing too notable about this one, Satch kind of came out of nowhere within a few runs of trying a new method out on Solo D (anchor G-B and release while vibrate tapping orange) and I only had one choke past there in Solo F.
Satch wasn't my last FC either, it was #84 and I still had to get Love Removal Machine and Pull Me Under. I totally had PMU unlocked at some point in the past but I guess my save got corrupted or deleted or some shit a while ago, so I had to replay career to get it again. So that was pretty shitty but it was worth it for the FGFC.

Here are the FC totals I have right now: Link

I can't do drums right now or any time in the forseeable future, but I can work on Guitar/Bass/Vox at least until September. Gonna try to make it count. I'm also missing some games, I don't have GH1, 2, 80s, or Metallica right now. I got BH and GHVH in the mail last week.

Update 2

Very, VERY happy about this. I thought this would be more of a roadblock than TTFAF for a FGFC just because at least I knew how to hit every part of TTFAF. Until I started working on Fast Solo A a few days ago, I was pretty much using the "spam SP and pray" method. Only one choke past the triplets thankfully, in the orange crap right after.

Update 1

I haven't looked to see when I last updated, but it feels like quite a while ago. I've been busy with my first year of college and jobs and all that fun stuff, and additionally my living situation isn't very plastic-instruments friendly. So I kind of just gave up GH for a while, except maybe playing some customs here and there when I had time and my neighbors weren't home.

The second part hasn't changed, but since it's summer vacation I now have a lot more time for GH. Coincidentally, Void and Hotzin recently released an excellent setlist of customs for GH3PC called Intense Smoke Hero 2 which I've been having a total blast with. I'm actually getting semi-competitive with this pack since there are leaderboards, which is hopefully a sign that some small community is forming around this setlist. I don't think this'll be a long lasting comeback (probably just for the summer, unless circumstances change), but I hope to have fun with ISH2 & possibly other customs in the meantime. It feels good to post here again!

So here are some FCs, starting with #5 since I didn't take screenshots of any of my SRFCs:

FC #5 - Heart of the Sea Nymph

Some annoying chord changes. This one turned out to be pretty frustrating. At least I think I hammered out a good SP path through trial and error though.

FC #6 - Tonic Systems

Some pretty quick tapping is required, and I think I lucked out in the end on solo 2. Really fun song, and one of the better ones to listen to as well.

FC #7 - Oxmodius

Dunno why I missed this sightred, just more tier 1 cleanup.

FC #8 - After You've Gone

Still can't believe this took ~2 hours once I realized it was actually possible. 2nd ever FC to my knowledge, after marioluigi1994. I wouldn't have ever thought this possible for me if he hadn't FCd it first. Once I took it into practice and slowed it down and learned what the fuck was actually happening, it just took an incredibly lucky run. I want to reFC this on stream so I'll have a recorded video, but my computer as it is now can't stream without the framerate dropping like crazy. It's not a hindrance at all for easier songs, but I can't even come close to hitting the guitar break while streaming this song. Here's marioluigi1994's FC video if you don't know the chart: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96BWIfCfDmw

Last edited by Bendover on Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:42 pm; edited 205 times in total
bballcenter7  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:02 am    Post subject: Re: Bendover Wins: For the Love of God and We Three Kings FC Reply with quote

Bendover wrote:
We Three Kings
For the Love of God

Tell me what you think =) (also, I plan on going for a full virtuoso pack fc eventually)

Win. Also, virtuoso pack FC would be amazing, Phenom has been alone with SWTA and Soothsayer for too long. Good Luck!

SeaMoney  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen your work on the RB side, and I must say your accomplishments are super impressive. Awesome job on the FCs, and good luck with the Virtuoso pack FC!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah, 1 more thing, does anyone know of a good PC screen recorder that also records sound even if I don't have a microphone? I've tried Cam Studio and Camtasia already. If you guys help me with this... you can expect to see some smexy quality custom fc's

Skype wrote:
[4:09:44 PM] Jared Brock: War Ensemble is easy as hell [on drums]
jugular  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendover wrote:
oh yeah, 1 more thing, does anyone know of a good PC screen recorder that also records sound even if I don't have a microphone? I've tried Cam Studio and Camtasia already. If you guys help me with this... you can expect to see some smexy quality custom fc's

Try TotalScreenRecorder, it didn't work for me but you might have better luc.k. For some reason it's quite difficult to find a screen recorder that records sound from your speakers >__<

Oh and nice job with those FC's, they are truly bitchin'
BarterAbyss  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Bendover Wins: For the Love of God and We Three Kings FC Reply with quote

bballcenter7 wrote:
Bendover wrote:
We Three Kings
For the Love of God

Tell me what you think =) (also, I plan on going for a full virtuoso pack fc eventually)

Win. Also, virtuoso pack FC would be amazing, Phenom has been alone with SWTA and Soothsayer for too long. Good Luck!

Just to let you know, Intheface6 FCed Soothsayer also.

Anyways, HOLY CRAP!! Good job on the For the Love of God Fc, that song is just crazy!
Raising a kid - $500,000

Having a baby at 13 - Priceless
Rom1  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virtuoso pack FC ? It'd be insane !
Very good job on the FtLoG FC, you're amazing dude !

Bendover  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added my 2 favorite vids to the the OP

Skype wrote:
Bendover  

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump for edited OP

Skype wrote:
cptjarryd  

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill start you off with GH3.

If your up to knights of cydonia thats my pick.

If thats too unreasonable how about The metal?

good idea with this interaction aswell btw
Bendover  

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the Metal 1st try... so I decided to honor both requests

Skype wrote:
AgreenPastel  

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work dude!

How about some CoD, CoP, NotB, or NFMH action?

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendover wrote:
I got the Metal 1st try... so I decided to honor both requests

Wow nice stuff mate!

Got KoC very quickly!
Bendover  

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

those 4 were easier then I remember o_O

Skype wrote:
Bendover  

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stricken fc

Also, when you guys start requesting for the other games, just keep this in mind... I'm not very good at GH1, and I'm not *excellent* at GH2

Skype wrote:
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 1 of 49

Jump to: