ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
May DLC Announcement
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toymachine  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

playitloud413 wrote:
This thread is a testament to a) GH:WT having awful, awful DLC and b) the number of people who don't even play GH:WT anymore. This is what happens, Neversoft. I mean, honestly, did anyone really think GH:WT could outdo RB, seeing as when GH:WT shipped RB was already a year old and had (at that time) almost 500 songs for DLC? Just give up already. It was over before it started.

blah blah blah blah unsubstantiated claims based on own opinions blah blah blah blah blah RB is better blah blah blah I don't like free dlc blah blah blah bawww
Rexisfed  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This DLC is awful. It's ok though, NS will make plenty of money in June reselling everybody the songs they already own.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised Neversoft employees still visit ScoreHero, what, with all of the insane RB fanboyism and trolling of free DLC.

Free fucking DLC.

Jesus Christ people, bashing free DLC is pretty much as low as you can get.

Edit:
Rexisfed wrote:
This DLC is awful. It's ok though, NS will make plenty of money in June reselling everybody the songs they already own.

And HMX has never done such a thing? Sure, not as a full game, but definitely as DLC and even as tracks that appear on disk. If you don't like it, don't buy it. As simple as that.
Rexisfed  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bjwdestroyer wrote:
I'm surprised Neversoft employees still visit ScoreHero, what, with all of the insane RB fanboyism and trolling of free DLC.

Free fucking DLC.

Jesus Christ people, bashing free DLC is pretty much as low as you can get.

Edit:
Rexisfed wrote:

And HMX has never done such a thing? Sure, not as a full game, but definitely as DLC and even as tracks that appear on disk. If you don't like it, don't buy it. As simple as that.

This is the attitude that needs to be completely eradicated from SH once and for all. GH and RB are now both games heavily based on DLC that use weekly DLC as part of their advertising. If I buy the game, I reserve every right to criticize the DLC they're putting out. Saying "If you don't ilke it, don't buy it" is like telling people who enjoy a TV show that has been putting out shitty episodes, "If you don't like them, stop watching it." Maybe it is the best thing to do, but there's nothing wrong with criticism.

Either way, I'm completely done buying DLC regardless of how good it is, because I don't really play the game anymore. But I still hold my opinion that this DLC sucks.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
playitloud413 wrote:
This thread is a testament to a) GH:WT having awful, awful DLC and b) the number of people who don't even play GH:WT anymore. This is what happens, Neversoft. I mean, honestly, did anyone really think GH:WT could outdo RB, seeing as when GH:WT shipped RB was already a year old and had (at that time) almost 500 songs for DLC? Just give up already. It was over before it started.

blah blah blah blah unsubstantiated claims based on own opinions blah blah blah blah blah RB is better blah blah blah I don't like free dlc blah blah blah bawww

Everyone I know that played the original Harmonix Guitar Hero games has gone to Rock Band and never looked back. We've played the Neversoft-made Guitar Hero games and they're just nowhere near as good. Honestly, after five minutes of playing World Tour, I found myself hoping one of the secret characters was Turok so he could come out of my TV like the little girl in The Ring and then off me with the Cerebral Bore.

Holy shit, Activision is milking a series for all it's worth and running it into the ground? Nooo, they've never done THAT before.

Last edited by playitloud413 on Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rexisfed wrote:
This is the attitude that needs to be completely eradicated from SH once and for all. GH and RB are now both games heavily based on DLC that use weekly DLC as part of their advertising. If I buy the game, I reserve every right to criticize the DLC they're putting out. Saying "If you don't ilke it, don't buy it" is like telling people who enjoy a TV show that has been putting out shitty episodes, "If you don't like them, stop watching it." Maybe it is the best thing to do, but there's nothing wrong with criticism.

Either way, I'm completely done buying DLC regardless of how good it is, because I don't really play the game anymore. But I still hold my opinion that this DLC sucks.

Fair enough, but where in God's name is your critique? All I read was "this DLC is awful" and then a completely unprovoked Neversoft flame that followed. Nevermind being respectful or giving the developers some worthwhile food for thought. No, no. Your opinion is that it's awful, and that's all that needs to be said? Please, I know you can do better than that if you're going to pass that flame bait off as a "critique."

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
toymachine  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

playitloud413 wrote:
toymachine wrote:
playitloud413 wrote:

Everyone I know that played the original Harmonix Guitar Hero games has gone to Rock Band and never looked back.

So happy for you- how about you join them on the other side of this forum and leave us to our shitty guitar hero games.

Man I hope that Lego rockband game isn't exportable so you can all cry.

Last edited by toymachine on Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: cRANKbALL
CleverTangent  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rexisfed wrote:
bjwdestroyer wrote:
*snip*

There is a stark contrast between "criticism" and "this sucks". Perhaps you should understand the dichotomy before you begin issuing thy holy word upon the community under the guise of criticism.
bjwdestroyer  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rexisfed wrote:

Is that how it works? Well, I'm on this forum, and you are making shitty posts. And no, you can't tell me "if you don't like them, stop reading them."

ISN'T THE INTERNET FUN?

And in all seriousness, I don't believe in the idea that "both games [are] heavily based on DLC." Why? Because DLC are optional add-ons that you can choose not to buy. And some are even free!

If I have a Costco membership card, I can't just say "you know what, shit dude, this store has nothing I want, I'm going to complain to management and request that they release some dinosaurs because dinosaurs are awesome." And of course, while complaining, I'll be binging on free samples while getting bits of food all over the clothes of the employees that work there.

Edit: Whoops, I messed up that example. You wouldn't be eating the free samples, but you would be complaining about them too.
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

playitloud413 wrote:
when GH:WT shipped RB was already a year old and had (at that time) almost 500 songs for DLC? Just give up already. It was over before it started.

Flaw. <__< RB is a year old. It has 500+ DLC. GH:WT has... I can't remember, 50? 100? I mean, the fact you would even use that argument is appaling. Of course GH:WT won't have as much, unless they shove 50 albums down your throat at once. Be realistic.

Also, they give you free DLC, which is optional, and a couple of them are good, and you baw about it? Wait, also, do we judge a game now based on how good/bad the DLC is? That's mainly the impression I am getting. Are we really that spoiled? I mean, I don't nessecarily like this DLC that much, but you guys sound like you don't care about NS/GH anymore based on the DLC, etc.

As for all of you, you guys need to calm down and relax. Maybe I should go pet you all so you can feel happy again.

EDIT: It seems like you guys even complain about good DLC. Even good DLC that was released on RB will come here, and you'll all baww about it, because it's in RB. You'll baww about DLC that's good, because... because what? Anyways, I'm off to see if I can make this post more valid.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
HXCPolarbear  

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OnionPowder wrote:
So they do a Metalblade pack AND DO NOT PUT THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER WHAT THE FUCK

THIS
THIS
THIS
THIS
THIS
THIS
THIS

still happy from the change of alternative/easy packs from the last 4 months though gj
playitloud413  

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheLonging wrote:
playitloud413 wrote:
when GH:WT shipped RB was already a year old and had (at that time) almost 500 songs for DLC? Just give up already. It was over before it started.

Flaw. <__< RB is a year old. It has 500+ DLC. GH:WT has... I can't remember, 50? 100? I mean, the fact you would even use that argument is appaling. Of course GH:WT won't have as much, unless they shove 50 albums down your throat at once. Be realistic.

How is that a flaw? RB was released November 20th of '07, World Tour was released October 26th of '08. Okay, SORRY, it was 11 months old when GH:WT shipped. The point is that it's almost senseless for GH:WT to think they had a shot of overthrowing RB when RB already had a MASSIVE DLC library by the time GH:WT was released.
DeusExProcella  

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

playitloud413 wrote:
TheLonging wrote:
playitloud413 wrote:
snip

second snip

How is that a flaw? RB was released November 20th of '07, World Tour was released October 26th of '08. Okay, SORRY, it was 11 months old when GH:WT shipped. The point is that it's almost senseless for GH:WT to think they had a shot of overthrowing RB when RB already had a MASSIVE DLC library by the time GH:WT was released.

Technically...GHWT has greatly outsold RB2. It doesn't have to overthrow ANYONE. It's the one winning.

In regards to the DLC, I won't be getting it. I am however hoping that the planned A7X, Paramore and the pack with Face Down are real. I will definitely, definitely go back to the GHWT system (it's so hard after GH:M) if I get to play me some Chapter Four, Bat Country, Seize the Day, Born for This, or Face Down.

Well I might get the free songs, but I haven't listened to them yet. If they're totally nuts on drums that might ruin it for me

ATTENTION THE LONGING: Your avatar is really confusing. I keep thinking you're Hailey LOL!

Last edited by DeusExProcella on Fri May 01, 2009 5:29 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Consanguinity Wii Friend Code: 519807246797
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeusExProcella wrote:
playitloud413 wrote:

*snipitty snip snip*.

Technically...GHWT has greatly outsold RB2. It doesn't have to overthrow ANYONE. It's the one winning.

First of all, this. GH:WT has done to RB2 what GH3 has done with pretty much every single GH game developed by HMX in that it sold a shitload of copies.

And just because RB's DLC library already had a whole lot of songs, did that mean that GH:WT shouldn't have even bothered to sell DLC?

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
MetalSmasher86  

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chimaira, Unearth, and In Flames all sound quite interesting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: