Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Fitness Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisdaschwab912 wrote:
I don't know anything about this "milk" program, but I have been drinking a lot of chocolate milk this semester and have seen noticeable improvements in arm strength despite limited time in the weight room. So I'm not sure what's working...but I'll take it.

Sounds like I need to do the same thing

I need to get my ass in gear... however my running endurance is a lot better. A bunch of us have been playing Quidditch every other weekend. I was already fast, but my endurance was shot to shit. That's been changed too bad the season is over already. I am looking forward to next year
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newuser1234 wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
So I stopped doing isolation shit and started doing Stronglifts 5x5 about a month ago, which I saw posted in here. Holy fuck I've never seen results so fast. Seriously, it's nice gaining actual full-body strength and not just disjointed muscle size. I also started doing the Milk program thing because I'm really underweight and frankly I'm so fucking lazy that I find it difficult to motivate myself to eat more than 3x a day. So hopefully a gallon of milk a day will help me pack some weight on.

But yeah if you're not seeing results with what you're currently doing, I can't recommend stronglifts more.

i just looked up stronglifts and im pretty skeptical. honestly, i dont see how you can keep improving at the rate he claims just doing these 3 exercises 3x a week. maybe you can shed some more light on this program

It's not that hard when you start with the empty bar. I've been consistently adding 5 every time to my squat since I started, and it's actually not that hard. One day when squatting gets a little difficult by the 5th set, I find that the next time I go, it's still just as difficult even with the extra 5 pounds. I don't expect this to continue forever, but as someone who's never powerlifted before, it is a very steady progression and it's getting me into the habit of good form.

Also, I gained about 15 pounds since I started doing this and the milk program a month ago. Woo

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
f4phantom2500  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
krisdaschwab912 wrote:
I don't know anything about this "milk" program, but I have been drinking a lot of chocolate milk this semester and have seen noticeable improvements in arm strength despite limited time in the weight room. So I'm not sure what's working...but I'll take it.

Sounds like I need to do the same thing

I need to get my ass in gear... however my running endurance is a lot better. A bunch of us have been playing Quidditch every other weekend. I was already fast, but my endurance was shot to shit. That's been changed too bad the season is over already. I am looking forward to next year

i think you would benefit from learning pistol squats in the meantime.

47/64/29/68/41/85/48/47/85/46/87//647
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv f4phantom
Dodongo  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
newuser1234 wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
So I stopped doing isolation shit and started doing Stronglifts 5x5 about a month ago, which I saw posted in here. Holy fuck I've never seen results so fast. Seriously, it's nice gaining actual full-body strength and not just disjointed muscle size. I also started doing the Milk program thing because I'm really underweight and frankly I'm so fucking lazy that I find it difficult to motivate myself to eat more than 3x a day. So hopefully a gallon of milk a day will help me pack some weight on.

But yeah if you're not seeing results with what you're currently doing, I can't recommend stronglifts more.

i just looked up stronglifts and im pretty skeptical. honestly, i dont see how you can keep improving at the rate he claims just doing these 3 exercises 3x a week. maybe you can shed some more light on this program

It's not that hard when you start with the empty bar. I've been consistently adding 5 every time to my squat since I started, and it's actually not that hard. One day when squatting gets a little difficult by the 5th set, I find that the next time I go, it's still just as difficult even with the extra 5 pounds. I don't expect this to continue forever, but as someone who's never powerlifted before, it is a very steady progression and it's getting me into the habit of good form.

Also, I gained about 15 pounds since I started doing this and the milk program a month ago. Woo

Stronglifts is amazing. I started at half my bodyweight squats and carried on at the rate suggested all the way untill bodyweight, at which point I had to stop because my membership to the gym ran out Sure, it gets mega hard but that's the point. If you're not pushing yourself each and every time you go to the gym, then what's the point?

Jelly legs afterward is a good sign you're doing it right. Squats are hard; fact. But they're also the most important exercise you can do. (IMO)

R.I.P. Sikth. We Love You.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Gwylum Wii Friend Code: 429613877062
f4phantom2500  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodongo wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
newuser1234 wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:

Stronglifts is amazing. I started at half my bodyweight squats and carried on at the rate suggested all the way untill bodyweight, at which point I had to stop because my membership to the gym ran out Sure, it gets mega hard but that's the point. If you're not pushing yourself each and every time you go to the gym, then what's the point?

Jelly legs afterward is a good sign you're doing it right. Squats are hard; fact. But they're also the most important exercise you can do. (IMO)

You don't have to stop just because you don't go to the gym anymore...pistol squats with dumbbells baby!! Squats are amazing, true, but I don't buy into the sub-argument that the core training you get from barbell squats is good because you have to brace yourself so that your spine doesn't collapse from the weight...to me that's like saying jumping a fence and running from a guard dog is good training for sprinting because if you're not fast you will get mauled. Besides, there are better ways to train your core...like front levers.

47/64/29/68/41/85/48/47/85/46/87//647
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv f4phantom
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just squatted heavier than I weigh, feels good man

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisdaschwab912 wrote:

Milk is one of the best post workout drinks you can have. When you take a massive amount of protein from a protein shake, the protein is artificial and your body doesn't absorb all of it. Along with that, your body will only absorb some of it, and just send the surplus out as waste. The protein in the milk is natural and works better.

I'm no expert on the subject, but I've looked a lot into the nutrition side of things lately.
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2% chocolate milk is an awesome post-workout drink because of the fats and proteins it provides to replenish. It's also nice and think so if your mouth and throat are dry, it feels good just to down a fresh glass of it.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LlamaYip wrote:
2% chocolate milk is an awesome post-workout drink because of the fats and proteins it provides to replenish. It's also nice and think so if your mouth and throat are dry, it feels good just to down a fresh glass of it.

Whole milk or no milk!! :p

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16

Jump to: