ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero 5 Hands-On Preview!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wattershed  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrankieB wrote:
chaosfreak07 wrote:
How was The Spirit of Radio? Were the riffs crazy? Did it have a kickass solo near the end like in the studio version? Does it have an epic crowd singalong? That's the Rush song everyone and their grandma wants in Rock Band nowadays, so i'm sure you'll have something to say about it here.

Awesome, yes, yes, yes! I probably played this about 9001 times. Spirit of Radio is by far my most favorite song of all time.

What version was it? Snakes & Arrows live?
Madmann  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome preview. I'm a little happier to see many of the peabrained choices made for WT have been remedied...though I will still hold my excitement for when I get the game, as I recall GHWT was given a fairly positive preview, and ended up being the worst in the entire series.

But very thorough. Can't argue with that.

Accomplishments: (RB) (GH)
n1temair  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terribly awesome review. You guys must have been stoked to have been offered a shot to preview GH5. The new Perfectionist mode sounds like a great idea. It seems like it will give good players, who aren't the most proficient in star power usage, a chance to match up against some of the big time players.

I think I might grab this game on its release date, unlike World Tour

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm sold. Already heard about getting VH free with GH5 and with positive reviews surrounding the game, I'm definitely preordering.
FrankieB  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wattershed wrote:
What version was it? Snakes & Arrows live?

I'm actually not sure off the top of my head, but it sounds amazing.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FRANK1E B
sadied0g  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

llamaman2 wrote:
Well I'm sold. Already heard about getting VH free with GH5 and with positive reviews surrounding the game, I'm definitely preordering.

Really VH free with GH5? Where did you hear that and how do you get it. I'm planning on buying all these games anyway, but a free VH with GH5 would be awesome
PaddyRoon  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about purple/silver notes? Do they still exist, if so, what do they feel like? Easier/harder to hit?
drewbles  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game looks excellent! The photos are such awesome quality. The whole game looks really good. Cant wait!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaddyRoon wrote:
What about purple/silver notes? Do they still exist, if so, what do they feel like? Easier/harder to hit?

The "purple" notes still exist. The rope is completely gone and the notes have gotten transparent to denote the slider bar features. They actually just felt like normal hammer-ons to me. I honestly thought they felt perfect. I played through the GH:Modern Hits theme at one point and I was hitting solo's that I otherwise miss in on WT. HUGE improvement, even more so over Metallica/Smash Hits, imo.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FRANK1E B
Kingofterrors  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious to know if the songs are better as in... in WT there weren't any songs that compared to playing an online battle with TTFAF/Slayer/TWIE etc... not just sick hard songs. But songs that really separated players.

I guess i miss the days where the was player separation and not 70 easy songs and 2 hard ones. All the songs used to be semi hard at least in one section.

Just curious if the scaling is better than WT. And GH3 was bad too actually... was like really easy or pretty hard.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does exported WT DLC have Expert +?
footballtom3685  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davesterio wrote:
Yes, any exported songs from past games that have double bass will be updated to have Expert+. memesis confirmed it in the GH5 thread a couple days ago. Can't find the original post of his but he re-confirms it in this post.

Kingofterrors wrote:
I'm curious to know if the songs are better as in... in WT there weren't any songs that compared to playing an online battle with TTFAF/Slayer/TWIE etc... not just sick hard songs. But songs that really separated players.

I guess i miss the days where the was player separation and not 70 easy songs and 2 hard ones. All the songs used to be semi hard at least in one section.

Just curious if the scaling is better than WT. And GH3 was bad too actually... was like really easy or pretty hard.
Although I do like the newer games I definitely agree with what you're saying. I went back and played a lot of GH2 a few weeks ago and I realized that one of the great things about the game is that even the easier songs have something interesting or challenging. There are very few songs in that game that lack a fun/difficult solo. In GHWT I had no motivation to go back and play easier songs because they were easy throughout, and just felt boring. I think your description is a good one for why people just "didn't like" GHWT as much. Even though the charting was fine and the setlist was ok, the songs themselves were either easy or hard instead of "easy with a hard solo".

For me the biggest thing about GH5 is going to be the engine. I'm really glad to hear that it feels tighter, because although I didn't have a specific issue with WT's engine besides slide sections it just felt loose and many of my misses came at times when I definitely didn't feel like I missed.

I'm also really excited about the revamped GHMix, which was my favorite part of GHWT by far. If the sounds are better and there are more options I'll be spending a lot of my time with this game in GHMix.

Last edited by footballtom3685 on Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Davesterio  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footballtom3685 wrote:
Davesterio wrote:
Yes, any exported songs from past games that have double bass will be updated to have Expert+. memesis confirmed it in the GH5 thread a couple days ago. Can't find the original post of his but he re-confirms it in this post.

THANK GOD

I'm going to buy this game now.

Dez Moines / Anything = Amazing
FrankieB  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kingofterrors wrote:

Sadly enough I don't think any of us got the chance to dig into the setlist like we wanted to. We only had 5 hours or so at the event. From the songs I played though there seems to be a mix of old school charting and new school, but its difficult for me to say at this point.

I think the big difference between HMX era GH games and NS era GH games is that, it seemed HMX charted/tiered the songs in order, on purpose, whereas NS chooses songs that will be good for the game, charts them accordingly, then sorts them later on. At least, when I played GH1/2, I felt a progression of sorts. Scaling made sense. From GH3 on, the scaling has made almost little to no sense (especially with GH3 and WT, imo. Not so much Smash Hits or Metallica but thats just me).

I'm going to stick to my guns though and say that I truly think GH5 is a step in the proper direction WT should have gone in a year ago. I think we'll see a lot of separation of players and their respected skills in the new competitive modes as Barfo mentioned somewhere in the writeup.
SteveAbKI  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Scatterbrain the 7 and a half minute version from the Jeff Beck with the Jan Hammer Group Live album? Good lord I hope so.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13

Jump to: