ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Un-Official "Opinions on DJ Hero" Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grimnir  

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kingofterrors wrote:
toymachine wrote:
Kingofterrors wrote:
I'm going to give a short reviews based on the 30 minutes I just played it at best buy and why I won't buy it.

If you were playing the Best Buy demo I'm going to assume it's on Hard as the max difficulty >_>

It wasn't a demo. It was the renegade version of the game/controller setup in the middle of the store. I would say i could have been mistaken if i hadn't actually changed the difficulty from medium to expert when i started.

And i'm sure whatever i played were easier songs on expert. However i expected to have to go back to the basics with this like starting out on IIDX/Guitar hero/dance dance ( i'm useless at DDR ).

I just wasn't happy with the fact i could play it the first time and 5 star 3 expert songs out of 5.

I just gotta say... anyone who played iidx before will definitely find this game easier to pick up. I think most of the top score players currently are iidx ppl <_< If you played that, you should have expected to have a head start already...

However that still means you will need to learn the cross fader spikes and directional scratch input, which are still the big killers in this game... so I'd say you'll have an adventure if you go for it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great reviews so far. =D

I've played the demo at Best Buy the other day. It definitely got me interested, but I didn't get enough time on it to give a review. I'll be going back up to play it soon.

Anyways, I'll just preserve this space for my review for when I actually buy it(probably around my birthday).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few questions for people that have the game

What songs can have DJ and Guitar?
Is DJ and vocals an option?
How much does DLC cost?
maxninja114  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Warheim:

1. There are ten mixes that have a DJ + Guitar mode, They are:

Billy Squier - The Big Beat vs. N.E.R.D. - Lapdance
Jackson 5 - I Want You Back vs. Third Eye Blind - Semi-Charmed Life
Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music vs. Gang Starr - Just To Get A Rep
Rihanna - Disturbia vs. The Killers - Somebody Told Me
Weezer - Beverly Hills vs. Dilated Peoples, Alchemist, Aceyalone, 88 Keys - Fresh Rhymes And Videotape
Street Sweeper Social Club - Fight! Smash! Win! vs. Beastie Boys - Intergalactic
Motorhead - Ace Of Spades vs. Noisia - Groundhog
Foo Fighters - Monkey Wrench vs. Beastie Boys - Sabotage
Foreigner - Juke Box Hero vs. DJ Z-Trip ft. Murs - DJ Hero
Public Enemy ft. Zakk Wylde - Bring The Noise 20XX

2. You can hook up a mic and "MC" your mixes, it doesn't really state that there are "vocals" in the game, just voice chat.

3. From what i have read, it will range between $3.99 to $7.99 for DLC packs (first DLC is an Extended Mix Pack, this one costs $3.99, but if you pre-ordered the game through Gamestop, you got THIS DLC for free. The next DLC will be a David Guetta Pack which will cost $7.99. If you use the 360, then idk how the equivalent points of that is).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great game. Mixes are brilliantly done, graphics are good, gameplay is awesome, although fast sequences can be confusing to decipher on expert. Fast Directional Scratching and Crossfade Spikes are annoying and impossible to consistently perform.

Setlist is amazing. There is exactly 1 mix (of 93) that I didn't thoroughly enjoy; this was the Sabotage/Monkey Wrench mix. Everything else was awesome. Especially the mix with Fix Up, Look Sharp and Genesis.

However, the controller is an abominable piece of crap. Rewinding activates buttons, buttons are cumbersome, turntable is too heavy, everything except the crossfader is pathetically unresponsive. Crossfader, which everybody seems to dislike, is pretty much perfect. The controller has to be revised for DJH2.

Last edited by Thom1234 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
ADAMAZiD  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thom1234 wrote:
Great game. Mixes are brilliantly done, graphics are good, gameplay is awesome, although fast sequences can be confusing to decipher on expert.

Setlist is amazing.

However, the controller is an abominable piece of crap. Rewinding activates buttons, buttons are cumbersome, turntable is too heavy, everything except the crossfader is pathetically unresponsive. Crossfader, which everybody seems to dislike, is pretty much perfect. The controller has to be revised for DJH2.

Same thoughts here really
Kane40  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thom1234 wrote:
Rewinding activates buttons, turntable is too heavy

This is news to me. Never had buttons activated when rewinding. And the turntable too heavy ? I play with this on my knees (and no, I don't have the renegade edition)

< barely, but yay \o/
S8BB-1 League 14th season/p-o semi-finalist
My Acc. Thread / My RB DLC / / GH3H SP sheet ? / Band Acc / X guitar ESL2 : December 10, 2008
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Kane40Be
Thom1234  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kane40 wrote:
Thom1234 wrote:
Rewinding activates buttons, turntable is too heavy

This is news to me. Never had buttons activated when rewinding. And the turntable too heavy ? I play with this on my knees (and no, I don't have the renegade edition)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIWLHTAcg30

And I mean the actual spinny circle thing on the right is too heavy. It builds up too much momentum when scratching.

EDIT; It seems most of the people having problems (or the ones reporting them, anyway) with the DJH controller are in the UK/Europe. Coincidence?
Kane40  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<= Points to location

But I must be lucky...

< barely, but yay \o/
S8BB-1 League 14th season/p-o semi-finalist
My Acc. Thread / My RB DLC / / GH3H SP sheet ? / Band Acc / X guitar ESL2 : December 10, 2008
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Kane40Be
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on, SOMEBODY's got to have the Wii version >.>
Grimnir  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

idk how "kosher" it is, but I felt the platter spun too freely aswell. So I put a piece of paper between the platter and the circle it spins in, this slowed it down to where it doesn't go full circle every time I end a scratch pattern, but I can still give it a 720 rewind.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question for those with the game:

I'm attracted to the setlist quite a bit, but what turns me off from looking at videos is the rewind feature....at least in the 2 videos I saw it really seems to kill the flow, to repeat 15-20 seconds. Is it always like that? Do you have to rewind all the time for high scores?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
Grimnir  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For high scores, yes, you will rewind about as soon as you get one <_< That is the key to ultra high scores.

but good news: in multiplayer mode the rewind is disabled. So you can play vs and pwn ppl without rewinding constantly. And then just not rewind in solo play ^_^

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimnir wrote:
For high scores, yes, you will rewind about as soon as you get one <_< That is the key to ultra high scores.

but good news: in multiplayer mode the rewind is disabled. So you can play vs and pwn ppl without rewinding constantly. And then just not rewind in solo play ^_^

Sadly playing vs people and "pwning" them is not something that interests me. I assume there's no cooperative multiplayer?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
Grimnir  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well.. there is only 1 dj mixing up each set? So I don't see why there would be coop. If winning isn't what you want... than why do rewinds matter? Just play for fun? Play vs without caring who wins or not?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: