ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
An Overkill Outro
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marbler  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:53 am    Post subject: An Overkill Outro Reply with quote

O.K., I was playing overkill, and I decided to see what the whole "impossible orange" thing was about, and I think I figured it out (this is WT on the 360).

When you are playing, it's an orange roll and a footpedal hit, with 4 more footpedal hits. The first 2 are possible to hit, but the other 3 DON'T EXIST!!!

I decided to go into further investigation, and for the yellow roll, whenever you hit it, you don't get a combo. I was wondering why, so I took it into slowest. I don't know what got me into thinking this, but it ended up that the other 3 that don't exist, are part of that yellow roll, and it's considered ONE NOTE!

Kind of like when you're playing the start of the song, you see a yellow, red, and a bass all at once, that's one note, instead of like rock band (it would be counted as three). So, that means that the 3 that are impossible to hit, would be under this one yellow note.

Now, I think that the only way to hit this would be to have 3 bass pedals, and hit them all at once, because the timing window for one note is too small to just use 2 bass pedals. Could someone please try this, and clarify if this is possible to hit? Because I think it is.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Marbler
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you're saying that instead of hitting the bass pedals under the orange as they're charted, you have to hit three bass pedals at the same time you hit the yellow BEFORE that orange, then hit the bass pedals of the orange as shown?

...That's really odd... am I right with my interpretation?

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm not really getting what you're saying.

So, when should I (anyone else trying) hit three bass pedals at the same time? At the third pedal note? or at the yellow roll?

If it's the latter, I'm positive not doing anything for the third (and subsequent) bass pedals under the orange roll with cause a combo break.

If it's during the third bass note, same will probably happen. (Maybe hit two at once?)

If it's at the first bass, I don't see that working out, it'll be an overdrum.

The outro is just broken, there's nothing you can do to hold a combo through it.

also to add to the though, i've tried playing the orange roll as both yellow and orange before, it doesn't work. i'm sure someguy has tried everything also.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
Marbler  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
So you're saying that instead of hitting the bass pedals under the orange as they're charted, you have to hit three bass pedals at the same time you hit the yellow BEFORE that orange, then hit the bass pedals of the orange as shown?

...That's really odd... am I right with my interpretation?

3 bass notes on the yellow roll. the first 2 bass notes on the orange roll exist, but the other 3 dont. they are moved onto the next yellow roll.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Marbler
Marbler  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:
I'm positive not doing anything for the third (and subsequent) bass pedals under the orange roll with cause a combo break.

You're wrong there. I tested it, and doing nothing for the 3rd, 4th, and 5th bass notes does NOT cause a combo break. They do not exist.
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marbler wrote:
ElementOfZero wrote:
I'm positive not doing anything for the third (and subsequent) bass pedals under the orange roll with cause a combo break.

You're wrong there. I tested it, and doing nothing for the 3rd, 4th, and 5th bass notes does NOT cause a combo break. They do not exist.

Touche on that, I still recall reading that no one found a way past them. I don't know whats with the yellow though. I tried doing a very delayed double kick before hitting yellow, and it looked like the multiplier stayed there for a little longer than usually. I can't try three pedals because my world tour kit is broken, and the splitters for RB won't allow multiple hits at the same time.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
Marbler  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:
Touche on that, I still recall reading that no one found a way past them.
I know that, that's why I made this. I think I found a way past them.
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might be on to something there, I'll try it myself when I have time. Three bass pedal hits *at the exact same time* is impossible though, even if you could get three bass pedals to work, the GH engine would consider it as one hit, instead of three.
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
Sulfurus  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't really understand what you said, but when I tried this section ages ago, I was unable to combo it with Auto-kick on. That should eliminate the 3 kicks at one or whatever you meant.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this has been done before, but someone can try all the possible pad hit combinations with the yellow.

Then, try a ghost note before yellow.

Warhiem  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sulfurus wrote:
I didn't really understand what you said, but when I tried this section ages ago, I was unable to combo it with Auto-kick on. That should eliminate the 3 kicks at one or whatever you meant.

The World Tour auto kick doesn't work right though. I'll try it in GH5 on Wii, which it wasn't glitched the same in the first place but I'll let you guys know how it turns out.
Marbler  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WarlordTm wrote:
You might be on to something there, I'll try it myself when I have time. Three bass pedal hits *at the exact same time* is impossible though, even if you could get three bass pedals to work, the GH engine would consider it as one hit, instead of three.

i dont mean at the EXACT same time, you would of course have to use the guitar hero's timing engine.that or use a double bass pedal and go RLR with your foot, but the reason autokick wouldnt work is because the 3 bass notes are on the exact same note.
Warhiem wrote:
Sulfurus wrote:

The World Tour auto kick doesn't work right though. I'll try it in GH5 on Wii, which it wasn't glitched the same in the first place but I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

GH5 isn't broken in any way, shape, or form though. in gh5 they fixed the drum charts, thats why you se expert+ charts.
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marbler wrote:

GH5 isn't broken in any way, shape, or form though.

LMFAO

anyway, Sulfurus just Fced Overkill without breaking combo, just used SP over the yellow sustain.

Marbler  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well that may be an fc, but its not a 100%, not on ghwt at least.
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marbler wrote:
well that may be an fc, but its not a 100%, not on ghwt at least.

100% is also impossible. it was -8 notes from the stat screen, SP glitch on ever single activation (which didn't happen) only can explain four of those notes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: