ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
A few questions about the game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikepalermo1  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it even going to be possible to path it out?

maxninja114  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm utterly new to this site, so can someone please explain to me what pathing and squeezing mean?

Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxninja114 wrote:
I'm utterly new to this site, so can someone please explain to me what pathing and squeezing mean?

Thanks in advance

Pathing is when you plan out exact spots to use your star power (or in this case euphoria) to get the most possible points on a song. For DJ Hero this will be complicated with rewinds and such.

Squeezing is a term used for Guitar Hero (which may very well be possible in DJ Hero), where you activate SP/Euphoria on top of a note, hit the note slightly late, and when the SP is about to end, you hit the final note slightly early and get it under star power. It's the way to get the most points out of an activation.

Hope that helps, and welcome to ScoreHero!

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
maxninja114  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhhh thanks

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is possible to path out.. and I think not too difficult to path out including rewinds.. However it will be 2 completely different paths for each song. 1 for rewinds, when playing solo for high score, and another for no rewinds, for face offs.

The biggest problem with the path, is any combo break can throw off rewind timing a bit... meaning 1 combo break could mean 1 or 2 rewinds missed before you're back on path. Mostly with rewinds, you'll use euphoria in 1 bar amounts, rather than saving it up.

as far as squeezing goes, in dj hero squeezing plays a larger role than I think squeezing has played in any other hero game...

First there is the euphoria squeeze. Use euphoria late, hit a note late, hit the last note before euphoria runs out. Also there is squeezing with the effector dial. When an effect dial area stars or ends with a note, you can usually get it inside the effector double combo bonus. Just start turning the dial and press the note late for the first one, and early for the last one.

It's tougher... ALOT tougher... but you can do this with cross fades too. For this I use my right hand to do the dial while my left hand cross fades. The timing seems much tighter here than with notes though.

So because of the effector section squeezing though, this is going to be a very important skill.. especially in face off matches where you can't use rewinds..

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget, Grimnir, that the faster you twist the effects knob, the more points you gain out of it. There's even more squeezing.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: nyt3lyt3 ICQ Number
Grimnir  

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's not the faster, but the further... I've found if I twist it to near both extreems I get many more points than if I give it a quick but smaller twist...

Althought I would imagine a speedy full range application would be best.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: