ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Fame
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fretz  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:45 am    Post subject: Fame Reply with quote

Hello ScoreHero.

Recently after playing One and getting a terrible score, I thought of something.

What is it like to be "famous" in Guitar Hero? You know, the millions of messages on Xbox Live; the thousands of subscribers on YouTube (etc..)

I've always wanted to be one of those people, but I am nowhere as good as the famous. I am wondering, to all the popular player or "Gods" would you wish to not be as popular as you are? Since thinking about it, weeding though tons of fanmail can get quite annoying when looking for an imporant message.

Some of the more popular people include: GuitarHeroPhenom, Jprez44, Jameslikecoulter, Strikebowler585 (etc..)

I am just wondering what having "fame" is like.

Last edited by Fretz on Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total
mediumhero  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as I was semi-popular until my Youtube account got deleted (not because of GH/RB), its kind of the same thing as being famous in anything else.

You get lots of comments, alot of stupid people, and some downright stupid messages. I posted my Runescape name on there, and people were adding me, and were like "DUDE HOLY SHIT ITS YOU OMG YOUR AWESOME"

I never got any messages over XBL, though.

Basically, it has its pros and its cons, much like anything else really.

I have no idea if that made sense or not, but it seems good to me.

i keep leaving for a few months then coming back
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: mediumhero
Mushy2008  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see what the big deal about being famous... If that is the reason you are doing it you are doing it for all the wrong reasons... You should do it because you like the community and are good at the game, and like to entertain people with your skills or what not... Not because you want something from personal gain...

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Mushy2008 PSN Name: Mushy2008 Wii Friend Code: 4798547854137468 ICQ Number
AbXtreme  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mushy2008 wrote:
I don't see what the big deal about being famous... If that is the reason you are doing it you are doing it for all the wrong reasons... You should do it because you like the community and are good at the game, and like to entertain people with your skills or what not... Not because you want something from personal gain...

This, a thousand times.

Seriously, I don't seem to care about GHPhenom or James doing 100's on certain songs, they've done it, good for them, but it doesn't really give you much improving your own game now does it (or does it give any entertainment). Guitar Hero is meant to be a social game for EVERYONE, not just for people who've become famous by 100'ing TTFAF.
[http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=539942#539942/]
^ BRING THE DRUM & BASS TO ROCK BAND! ^
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Andoryuu X PSN Name: CrimsonMastodon
toymachine  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imagine a bunch of people constantly pestering you to play with them, add you to their friend's list, comment, subscribe.

Sound like fun?
xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm nowhere near famous at Guitar Hero, but most people at my high school know who I am just because of how I play this game. I too get a ton of invites to play people, but I set myself up for that by posting in the WRFF area too much

There's a lot of advantages too though, like getting sponsored by companies, I'm playtesting the Jamstykk (I think it's on sale now) and some of the top RB drummers are sponsored by rock pedal.

Not to mention Drem just won a ****load of money (like $5000 or something)

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
RomeBravesBoy  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mushy2008 wrote:

Aww, Mushy your famous enough for anyways. You and your epic vocals.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id rather be good but not many people now me like Apethehippy hes really good but hes just like a friend type of guy and if you see like PhenomMan He gots messages left and right I bet it gets annoying when hes trying to fc stuff

Anyone want to 1v1 quickscopes/noscopes on mw2 (360) add my gt JesusHellz
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 090353049866
Npeaen  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
imagine a bunch of people constantly pestering you to play with them, add you to their friend's list, comment, subscribe.

Sound like fun?

This.

I purposefully hand out as little information as I can, and I'm not really that popular and it still gets on my nerves.

Localization Manager- MediaLocate
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Npeaen PSN Name: Npeaen
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how every time a post like this is started little or none of the top players actually post in it. There's just a bunch of semi-famous people giving their 2 cents. XD

Let me feed my ego real quick: I have been recognized at a couple tournaments and I think its fucking awesome. It doesn't happen too often, but if it did, I could see how it could be not so awesome and more like annoying... <.< (also fuck my little brother for telling everyone at the last tourney that my worst song was Stricken, so pick it. ~.~)

Now, on to the subject of JLC, Phenom, Strike etc etc getting new FCs... I love it, because it does great things for our community. I am actually very proud when I can say that we have a community-wide FC of RB2 or GH3 including DLC or GH2, etc. I get a lot of entertainment from watching them play, and I've actually upped my game from watching Phenom and Undead's fingers videos (I've actually gotten a 4x combo on FSA :o). Jnukes is another player that I'd say has helped me get better from watching his vids. But I guess that's all just from my point of view. To each his own.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:

Sound like fun?

^This.

It's pretty cool going to competitions and people recognize you before you even talk to them, but the constant PMs and IMs tend to get on the annoying side. (Especially when people ask you to play a game you don't play. :P)

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HellAshes wrote:
Things.

I Previously wrote:
other things.

Conclusion: Insert Foot A into Mouth B.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine its quite annoying, considering many of us here on ScoreHero go by our PSN and XBL handles as well. So you would probably get thousands of friend invites and messages saying "Lets play Coop Dragonforce TTFAF Expert because I can't pass it". I wouldn't know, but its a good guess.

Accomplishments: (RB) (GH)
Mervin1337  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tormentedbyu wrote:
HellAshes wrote:
Things.

I Previously wrote:
other things.

Conclusion: Insert Foot A into Mouth B.

Wait what?!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HellAshes wrote:
toymachine wrote:

Sound like fun?

^This.

It's pretty cool going to competitions and people recognize you before you even talk to them, but the constant PMs and IMs tend to get on the annoying side. (Especially when people ask you to play a game you don't play. :P)

Dude I love you and your work co-op polybius plz?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: