SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Band Hero drum kit
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xtresso  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minime786 wrote:
has anyone actually seen a full band kit forsale or pre order?
all ive seen on amazon and redoctane are guitar kits and standalone software...do they want us to buy the drum kits separately? or will they wait a bit and release the full band kits?

This drum kit is only avaliable with band hero, not GH5.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First review:
http://gear.ign.com/articles/102/1029743p1.html

So it looks like the new drumset will be a wii exclusive for a while, while XBOX and PS3 Band Hero is being shipped with the old drumset. ewww

Quote:
"When the game launches this November, the drum kit will be available as part of the Band Hero Super Bundle for the Nintendo Wii and will remain exclusive to the Wii until Xbox 360 and PlayStation variations are released later this year. In the meantime, the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 Band Hero Super Bundles will include the Guitar Hero World Tour drum set."

Sounds like those bundles aren't so "super" after all.

(Thanks krukraft55 for the link)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, the removable control box now requires no screws? Awesome. Maybe they stuck a MIDI port on the back the control box instead of the kit for easy e-drum mounting?

Either way, these drums to look fantastic. Built in drum sensitivity kit is a nice touch, and the design of these pads is certainly something we haven't seen before. I will say this, I already love this kit for the lack of rims on the drum pads. Anyone who hosts GH/RB parties should agree with me.
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLY CRAP, THE WII GETS SOMETHING GOOD FOR ONCE!?!?

I never thought I'd see this coming!

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
toymachine  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

according to some websites I've checked around my area the new drumset is in the BH bundle in Canada in addition to Europe for all systems.

0_0
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
according to some websites I've checked around my area the new drumset is in the BH bundle in Canada in addition to Europe for all systems.

0_0

the fuck ??? where !!? i need one !

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BriGuy wrote:
First review:
http://gear.ign.com/articles/102/1029743p1.html

Wtf were they thinking with some of these design changes?

Quote:
We also noticed that the cymbal's mounting posts remain fixed and unextendable, which is a bit of a letdown, especially considering that Activision has also removed the ability to angle the cymbals up or down.

That seems like a really silly thing to remove.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Says that here on this Danish shop too toymachine, but no screenshots of the drums themselves to prove it :! hmm
Larry4588  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:

0_0

Can you tell me which websites talked about new drumsets in Canada for ALL systems?
toymachine  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the picture on futureshop and best buy both show the new kit.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
the picture on futureshop and best buy both show the new kit.

yeah i know that. i just dont know if its actually the case in the box itself. i might check this week-end if its real or fake.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the new drum set today for Xbox 360. It comes with the Band Hero bundle in the UK.

So far I've got no complaints at all with it. The pedal is much better (probably because it's held in position), the cymbals are very responsive (if still a little stiff) and the pads are very quiet. It's probably the quietest drum kit I've used. Putting it together was even easier than the WT kit. It also takes up a lot less space (even though the pads are the same size), which is cool.

The little detachable controller thing is pretty cool, if you know you're going to be going through the menus a lot you can detach it and hold it like a normal controller. It connects back in through a port on the back, and there's some clips to hold it in to place. One time it came loose during a song and the drum kit stopped working, but that was because I hadn't clipped it back in properly. Then it was all cool.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: A Great Dave
Fatsausage  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreatDave wrote:
I got the new drum set today for Xbox 360. It comes with the Band Hero bundle in the UK.

So far I've got no complaints at all with it. The pedal is much better (probably because it's held in position), the cymbals are very responsive (if still a little stiff) and the pads are very quiet. It's probably the quietest drum kit I've used. Putting it together was even easier than the WT kit. It also takes up a lot less space (even though the pads are the same size), which is cool.

The little detachable controller thing is pretty cool, if you know you're going to be going through the menus a lot you can detach it and hold it like a normal controller. It connects back in through a port on the back, and there's some clips to hold it in to place. One time it came loose during a song and the drum kit stopped working, but that was because I hadn't clipped it back in properly. Then it was all cool.

Slightly offtopic but, did the BH full band set come with a GH5 guitar or a WT guitar?

Just wondering :/

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreatDave wrote:

Any pictures of the actually controller, such as port placement, the structure of the pedal, etc. Just curious. Also, is the pedal made of a soft plastic like the WT pedal, or is it harder like the RB pedal?
TheGreatDave  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fatsausage wrote:

Slightly offtopic but, did the BH full band set come with a GH5 guitar or a WT guitar?

Just wondering :/

GH5 one.

I'll take some pics in a bit
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: A Great Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: