SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Rant Thread II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeachBum187 wrote:
What the hell happened to music these days. I turned on one of the local "Mainstream" radio stations, and everything on there was so auto-tuned it was complete shit. What happened to actual talent now a days?
Why are you still listening to radio? Every time I get in my car I just plug in the ipod and hit shuffle. That way I don't ever get crap I don't want and when I occaisonally get something thats been played out on the radio, it's not played out to me. (I used to go to Metallica shows and get bored as shit when they played Sandman or Puppets..now the only time I hear it is once every couple years at the show..much better!)

Quote:
People who don't know the difference between "its" and "it's". One is a possessive, one is a contraction. Grammar: learn it, live it, love it.
OMG the one I can't stand is there their and they're..drives me up the fuckin wall. Laziness or stupidity? Maybe both.

blingdomepiece wrote:
Just please, no Ewoks.
I'll trade my Jar Jar for your ewok.

[quote="Hobo111"]Hey at least you're still in the OP, and you wrote the main rule. Also, no reference to Son Of Mask was intended. I was just going to say "Son of a rant thread"..shrug.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding grammar rage, what completely blows my mind is people who fuck this up in a professional setting. I've seen resumes with this shit for God's sake! Yeah, it annoys me on the internet when people mix up your/you're or there/they're/their. But it's more forgivable since this isn't English class.

But holy shit, I feel like a goddamn genius at work just because I know semi-advanced grammar concepts and I can spell decently. They put ME in charge of the print magazine and correcting everyone else's work before it goes live on the website. And I'm the person with freaking dyslexia.

Another thing I can't stand is people who never capitalize words. I always imagine them whispering everything, speaking in a derpy texting voice or in monotone. And conversely, people who capitalize everything (if you work with old people like I do, you'll know what I mean). Example email from my boss:

HAILEY PLEASE SEE ME IN THE AM ABOUT THIS. THE BACKGROUND NEEDS TO BE LESS GREEN, ADD MORE EMBELLISHMENTS ON THE DESIGN PLEASE THANKS.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
inv4der  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
THE BACKGROUND NEEDS TO BE LESS GREEN, ADD MORE EMBELLISHMENTS ON THE DESIGN PLEASE THANKS.

Ah the impressive vagueness that only comes from design requests. I'm glad I'm not a professional graphics person because that sort of thing would not be tolerated by me. >__>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you know Libya has certain expectations for a new national flag.
BeachBum187  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
BeachBum187 wrote:
What the hell happened to music these days. I turned on one of the local "Mainstream" radio stations, and everything on there was so auto-tuned it was complete shit. What happened to actual talent now a days?
Why are you still listening to radio? Every time I get in my car I just plug in the ipod and hit shuffle. That way I don't ever get crap I don't want and when I occaisonally get something thats been played out on the radio, it's not played out to me. (I used to go to Metallica shows and get bored as shit when they played Sandman or Puppets..now the only time I hear it is once every couple years at the show..much better!)

Honestly the reason I turned it on was to see if it got much worse than what it was a couple months ago because I got tired of skipping songs on my iPod.

Rant: I need to get rid of old junk from my iPod that I don't like anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man depression hurts. It really does.
Anthony8  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THABEAST721 wrote:
Man depression hurts. It really does.

I went through two years that; it definitely didn't feel good.

Ok, so two next rants (ok, just one)

1) This rant thread isn't the same without Hobo111 being the creator of it. Whoever said this was the son of the original Rant Thread? How did the mods determine that it wasn't a daughter?Smartass....

2) I dislike that my mom is opposed to me growing out my hair. I've had an awesome jewfro before; why is it so bad this time around? Of course I remember that I had acne before, but now that's no problem and yet I think she gets her beliefs from hispanic culture and religion. I'd assume that she's accustomed to not seeing men with long hair and that in Catholicism (at least in the Oregon area) she knows that it's very typical for a woman to have long hair and a man to have short hair, yet she can't accept me for who I am? Bleh...... I just want nice hair, like Joel's .
ready2rock  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
Quote:
People who don't know the difference between "its" and "it's". One is a possessive, one is a contraction. Grammar: learn it, live it, love it.
...drives me up the fuckin wall. Laziness or stupidity? Maybe both.

Pssst, you may want to look at the 3rd paragraph of your OP

Yeah, the one that gets to me is your and you're. I see it all the time, and every time someone types "your great" I cringe a little.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony8 wrote:
1) This rant thread isn't the same without Hobo111 being the creator of it. Whoever said this was the son of the original Rant Thread? How did the mods determine that it wasn't a daughter?Smartass....

I agree with you, I'll fix it. I'm pretty busy this morning but I'll try to get it done quickly.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ready2rock wrote:
singemfrc wrote:
Quote:
...drives me up the fuckin wall. Laziness or stupidity? Maybe both.

Pssst, you may want to look at the 3rd paragraph of your OP

Yeah, the one that gets to me is your and you're. I see it all the time, and every time someone types "your great" I cringe a little.
lol yeah nailed me on that one, I didn't even realize I did that..its and it's doesnt bother me as much because its essentially the same word with or without the apostrophe in "internet shorthand", that's just me skipping the apostrophe, which tends to happen more when I'm typing while being screamed at by customers...it's the theyre/there/their is the one that drives me crazy.
expertwin  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to rant, WHY AM I A THREAD KILLER?
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
Well, you know Libya has certain expectations for a new national flag.

Took me a second (or the length of time it takes to Google search, rather). But I see what you did there. Well played, sir.

@inv4der, yeah, it can be a real pain. Though I'd rather make money to play with Photoshop than not, so it's worth those frustrating moments for the overall job enjoyment. The only really frustrating thing is how most clients/bosses/CEOs feel the need to have a major part in the design process, just so they can say they they were a contributor. I guess they don't feel like they own the company unless they nitpick everyone else's jobs (sometimes to an absurd amount). I feel like 50% of my job is trying to make a good design and the other 50% is trying to explain to other people why that design is good and why, no, it doesn't need a lens flare or more gradients or a dancing kitty cat.

The ultimate pet peeve is when a client, usually an old person, tells me the design need to "pop" more (that is everyone's favorite phrase). What the fuck does that even mean? I'm not going to make it neon orange. ಠ_ಠ Usually when people bring up that phrase it is already at maximum popping capacity as far as I'm concerned (I fucking hate the color yellow but my boss loves it.. and, well you can see where this is going...)

Edit:
Sarg338 wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:

Mods: Trying to report the colorful post above me and the report button definitely isn't working. Just FYI

Go back to the home page (Not the forum index) then come back in. Works for me 100% of the time.

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.

1KJ08mq.jpg

Last edited by GuitarHailz on Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:

Mods: Trying to report the colorful post above me and the report button definitely isn't working. Just FYI

Go back to the home page (Not the forum index) then come back in. Works for me 100% of the time.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony8 wrote:
1) This rant thread isn't the same without Hobo111 being the creator of it. Whoever said this was the son of the original Rant Thread? How did the mods determine that it wasn't a daughter?
Threads are like ships, they're always girls.

Also because I can I'm going to re-express my hate of airplane security through song.

Fuck you airplane security
: by Hobo and the Hoboes.

Fuck you airplane security,
you're ruining my purity,
of having a great and easy flight,
and enjoying these great heights.

I can't take your goddamn scanners for another minute,
you're going to limit,
the things that I can bring,
on my flight to Beijing.

This shit should just go die,
before it makes me cry,
I can't take these troubles,
and now you're making them double.

I don't want to take an hour for getting on the plane,
that shit just give me pain.
Your metal detectors don't fucking work,
fix them before I go berserk!

And once again I'd like to state:
you ruined my purity.
BeachBum187  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:

Fuck you airplane security
: by Hobo and the Hoboes.

you're ruining my purity,
of having a great and easy flight,
and enjoying these great heights.

I can't take your goddamn scanners for another minute,
you're going to limit,
the things that I can bring,
on my flight to Beijing.

This shit should just go die,
before it makes me cry,
I can't take these troubles,
and now you're making them double.

I don't want to take an hour for getting on the plane,
that shit just give me pain.
Your metal detectors don't fucking work,
fix them before I go berserk!

And once again I'd like to state:
you ruined my purity.

Please make more
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 3 of 60

Jump to: