ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Does PAL GH2 still use NTSC data?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:45 am    Post subject: Does PAL GH2 still use NTSC data? Reply with quote

This may seem like a dumb question, but bear with me because I've only imported a game once and that didn't even exist in America. If I buy PAL GH2 and a SwapMagic and go for Troggy, will it still save on my current data? I'm not about to shell out a bunch of money to have it not even save on my main profile. From what Google tells me, it doesn't work on GameCube and corrupts your data, so I want to be sure whether or not it works on PS2.

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
snowyporpoise  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it saves.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it saves. Some games however wont, because the games are tagged by region and are saved accordingly. Such as Dance Dance Revolution.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Big JAG 2004 PSN Name: BigJAG2004 Wii Friend Code: 2005404297973581 ICQ Number
dclapp  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The data is on your memory card and not the disc itself so it should save. Also you can use swap magic on a Guitar Hero 2 NTSC disc and it will still read as PAL.

Robbert  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember there being a GH on the PS2 with which that didn't work, meaning that it resulted in two separate save games, and the PAL game not recognizing the NTSC save data.
I vaguely recall that it's GH3, though...

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: UpgradePolecat
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dclapp wrote:
The data is on your memory card and not the disc itself so it should save. Also you can use swap magic on a Guitar Hero 2 NTSC disc and it will still read as PAL.

Whoawhoawhoawhoa really? That would be incredible. I don't want to explain to my parents why I'm buying GH2 again ("Uhh it's a special version with extra songs" ) so that would just make me so happy. Does it still act as genuine PAL, with 50 Hz refresh rate and everything? In other words, is Trogdor possible?

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
ManfredvonKarma  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before you get ahead of yourself with this process... don't you need a PAL TV to actually experience the refresh rate difference?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManfredvonKarma wrote:
Before you get ahead of yourself with this process... don't you need a PAL TV to actually experience the refresh rate difference?

I honestly doubt it. He wouldn't be the first, nor the last guy who is doing the swap magic trick to go for Trogdor, and you think all of them bought new TVs?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 438237975587
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
dclapp wrote:
Also you can use swap magic on a Guitar Hero 2 NTSC disc and it will still read as PAL.

Whoawhoawhoawhoa really? That would be incredible. I don't want to explain to my parents why I'm buying GH2 again ("Uhh it's a special version with extra songs" ) so that would just make me so happy. Does it still act as genuine PAL, with 50 Hz refresh rate and everything? In other words, is Trogdor possible?

The strumming limit is strictly a video thing, not an on disk thing (well, i'm not positive about that, but >_>...)so it's definitely possible to FC trogdor on an NTSC disk as long as the video output is running in PAL format (aka what swapmagic can do)
That being said, a PAL disc running on NTSC video would have a lower strum limit.

So yea, save yourself some dough and just do that. You might not have the right tv that can play PAL games though :S. Even if you do, most tvs that don't flicker 99 times a second, will be in black and white and have some screen offsetting.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyGrey wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
dclapp wrote:
Also you can use swap magic on a Guitar Hero 2 NTSC disc and it will still read as PAL.

The strumming limit is strictly a video thing, not an on disk thing (well, i'm not positive about that, but >_>...)so it's definitely possible to FC trogdor on an NTSC disk as long as the video output is running in PAL format (aka what swapmagic can do)
That being said, a PAL disc running on NTSC video would have a lower strum limit.

So yea, save yourself some dough and just do that. You might not have the right tv that can play PAL games though :S. Even if you do, most tvs that don't flicker 99 times a second, will be in black and white and have some screen offsetting.

Awesome Just ordered SwapMagic... as long as I can FC Troggy, I don't mind black and white. I'll have to get used to the offset, though, if there is one. I think my TV will be okay.

Fug  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Awesome Just ordered SwapMagic... as long as I can FC Troggy, I don't mind black and white. I'll have to get used to the offset, though, if there is one. I think my TV will be okay.

May I ask how you know your TV will work? I'm planning on getting swap magic too and I'd like to know how to check and see if it'll work on my TV before I spend the money on it.

Accomplishment Thread - Nothing new... lol. | Youtube | S11 - GH2X Squeedlies Champion!
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fug wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:

May I ask how you know your TV will work? I'm planning on getting swap magic too and I'd like to know how to check and see if it'll work on my TV before I spend the money on it.

It's an HDTV, but I have no lag problems whatsoever on regular GH2 even with Game Mode off (generally, I need Game Mode on for Neversoft games). I have leeway to adjust the lag, so I'll be able to calibrate to my choosing (plus I can turn Game Mode on to adjust the lag too).

As long as you have leeway to increase and decrease the video lag, I think you'll be fine if you know how to calibrate. Besides, I can't even be certain yet that the offset will even exist.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: