ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Xplorer Design Flaw?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BTK2213  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Xplorer Design Flaw? Reply with quote

This is a more general concern that applies to everyone I believe. (Who uses the Xplorer)

I for one love the xplorer fret buttons but they seem to degrade over time, well at least the newer ones. The buttons start to stick and loose that clicky feeling almost completely.

I opened my xplorer up and found that under the fret buttons there are rubber pads basically attached to a rubber base that pops up and down giving the clicky feeling.

That is the problem over time, no matter what you do these rubber pads wear down and sometimes break off from the base and the clicky feeling is gone and the buttons stick. You can't repair it because they don't sell that "rubber base/pad part" only frets.

It took mine about 4 months and now after 6 months every button sticks.

I feel there is nothing that can be done and a major design flaw with the xplorer.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that is a pretty bad flaw.
The explorer only has ONE advantage out of it's MANY MANY cons.
And thats how small the neck it, it makes it easier to hold.

I think it's pretty fucking stupid how My friend had his guitar hero one since it came out, and his guitar still works like it's brand new, and i got gh3 and my kramer broke within 4 months.
I MEAN
FUCKING HACKS RIGHT?

Harmonics FTW
Neversoft FTL
Slagr  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crosssfire wrote:

I think it's pretty fucking stupid how My friend had his guitar hero one since it came out, and his guitar still works like it's brand new, and i got gh3 and my kramer broke within 4 months.
I MEAN
FUCKING HACKS RIGHT?

Harmonics FTW
Neversoft FTL

A: it's spelled Harmonix. (some fanboy you are)
2: NS and HMX do not deal with controllers. that would be Red Ocatane, which has been doing so since the series began, at least until Logitech does WT. true, they haven't exactly improved their designs over the years, but there's no need to bash NS however innaccurately.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slagr wrote:
crosssfire wrote:

I MEAN
FUCKING HACKS RIGHT?

Harmonics FTW
Neversoft FTL

A: it's spelled Harmonix. (some fanboy you are)
2: NS and HMX do not deal with controllers. that would be Red Ocatane, which has been doing so since the series began, at least until Logitech does WT. true, they haven't exactly improved their designs over the years, but there's no need to bash NS however innaccurately.

Well, sorry i misspelled harmonix.
But it seems as though ever since Neversoft started making the game it's just gotten worse >_<

And, Another point i forgot to put in there was that i think they Made the Guitars Shittier just so that they could force people go to the store and buy way more of them, Just so that the assholes would make more money.
Thats considered customer apreciation right?

AND
The shitty Kramers/Les pauls are more expensive than the SG's/Third party Controllers which last longer.
Slagr  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they did not intentionally make them worse. they made design tweaks that work better for casual players. for SHers, these "improvements" made them less durable, but that was not their intent.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only thing i like about the xplorer, is it has a super short neck, and makes moving your hand up to tap something easier.
other than that, it double/ tripple/QUAD strums every few notes and the frets buttons don't work that well, and you almost HAVE to do something to make the select button easier to push unless you want to smash your guitar every time you activate.

logitech better make the GH4 guitar godly

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AzZ wrote:
the only thing i like about the xplorer, is it has a super short neck, and makes moving your hand up to tap something easier.
other than that, it double/ tripple/QUAD strums every few notes and the frets buttons don't work that well, and you almost HAVE to do something to make the select button easier to push unless you want to smash your guitar every time you activate.

logitech better make the GH4 guitar godly

I think logitech makes some Pretty high quality Items, such as the Ps3 eyetoy or Many computer mice.

So i think Logitech is going to epicly win at Plastictar.
BriGuy  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, I think it is completely possible that this was an intentional choice on their part to choose this design change that they knew was not as durable as the SGs. Believe me when I say that they know exactly how durable these components are. Most switches and other components are rated for how many times they are pressed and most of the time these numbers are in the hundreds of thousands or millions. They had to have known that the rubber part is inherently weak and will eventually fail, thus requiring you to buy a new guitar. It is a corporate strategy called "programmed obsolesence" and it sickens me. For further proof of this strategy in action, check out how many people are having problems with the detachable neck connections on their LP.

And while RedOctane continues to design hardware for GH, starting with Rock Band, Harmonix now designs their own hardware.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the exact same problem with the rubber piece, but I am buying that individual Item from a guy named Jason who has a website and he is sell parts.

here is the website
www.sceniccitycustoms.com

* also, I have a friend whose dad works for logitech and he has seen the logitech guitars for guitar hero and he said that they are very nice and they will please all

Last edited by gregatron on Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Slagr  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, that's convertables10's site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: