ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Metal Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reikonkeiri  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why? That's a great song/great band. All I'm saying is my list of bands I like is pretty short compared to most.
aloneinthedark  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cynic album got moved to November 25.

Also, there's rumors that Tony Teegarden rejoined Cynic, but I doubt that's true...
SmellyStuff  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've recently gotten into Fates Warning. I'd always liked them but I never really realised just how fucking amazing The Spectre Within and Awaken the Guardian truly are until around a month ago. Such a shame that John Arch left the band.

Any bands similar to Arch-era Fates Warning? (I have Arch's solo EP btw).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

black-santa wrote:
So yeah, I just saw Metallica last night and it was fucking insane!!!!! The light and laser shows were insane. Easily the best song of the night was One. It was so fucking ownage, they sped up the last part so much. If you're thinking about seeing them, don't hesitate just have to get past the fucking expensive ticket prices.

I AM SO FUCKING JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SmellyStuff wrote:
I've recently gotten into Fates Warning. I'd always liked them but I never really realised just how fucking amazing The Spectre Within and Awaken the Guardian truly are until around a month ago. Such a shame that John Arch left the band.

This man has good taste!

Try Control and Resistance by Watchtower, which is more complex and actually has even higher vocals. Also, No Exit by Fates Warning is very similar to Arch-era albums.
turbo  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

black-santa wrote:
If you're thinking about seeing them, don't hesitate just have to get past the fucking expensive ticket prices.

My friends and I know a way around the back of this amphitheater that the big bands play at down the road. shhh

I don't know if this is true or not (I doubt it is), but I will find out somewhat soon:
My friend's friend won a radio contest that gave away Metallica's stage gear.
SmellyStuff  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aloneinthedark wrote:
SmellyStuff wrote:

This man has good taste!

Try Control and Resistance by Watchtower, which is more complex and actually has even higher vocals. Also, No Exit by Fates Warning is very similar to Arch-era albums.

Already have both Watchtower albums and No Exit. I still think The Spectre Within and Awaken the Guardian are the best though.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little note about Slayer's new song. No big deal.
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=ub2RGIWw5cM
DarkDucky  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how many people this will be news to, but as of October 6th, Christian Älvestam is no longer a member of Scar Symmetry.

Wikipedia wrote:

On October 6, 2008 the band announced they will continue with two vocalist instead of one with the following statement " When things went from bad to worse and we realized that it wasn't going to work out with Christian [Älvestam, former SCAR SYMMETRY vocalist], we were faced with two options; either calling it quits, or seizing the opportunity to take the next logical step in the evolution of our sound. We chose the latter.

"We've used both growls and clean vocals in our music since day one, and with each album we've pushed the envelope of what you can do vocally in a metal band to the point where a lot of the songs on 'Holographic Universe' [SCAR SYMMETRY's latest album] would be hard if not impossible to sing live. So the question is: Is it really possible to push the vocals even further and manage to perform everything live?

"The answer is YES! Instead of hiring a new singer, we decided — some of you might already have figured it out by now — to recruit TWO singers! The idea of having two vocalists in the band is something that's been in the back of our minds for a long time, and after auditioning and rehearsing with two of Sweden's best vocalists we're thrilled, excited, stoked-beyond-belief!!!

So it should be interesting to see how that turns out.

However, Christian HAS joined another band, called Miseration, which I actually enjoy a LOT more than I've ever liked Scar Symmetry. I'd definitely recommend that to anyone who's into Scar Symmetry.

Anyway, I'm just glad I got to see them live before he left

Location: San Jose, CA (More specificly, Scotts Valley but their close enough together.)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think the Late 70's/Early 80's were the best years, because they had bands like Priest,Sabbath, Metallica, and Maiden

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My new favorite metal"core"/progressive band is Between the Buried and Me.
Colors might be one the best albums I have ever listened too.
<3 Ants of the Sky
tornintwo  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SmellyStuff wrote:
aloneinthedark wrote:
SmellyStuff wrote:

This man has good taste!

Already have both Watchtower albums and No Exit. I still think The Spectre Within and Awaken the Guardian are the best though.

I think you're out of luck in this regard. Some other bands you might like are Manticora and Beyond Twilight, both from Denmark. Also check out Office Of Strategic Influence. They are a prog rock band with electronic influences (from Moore) that feature Jim Matheos, Kevin Moore Mike Portnoy (he is no longer in the band, but played on both records ), Sean Malone (first CD), and Joey Vera (2nd CD).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPNYSg7of9g&feature=related

Warnar wrote:
The elitists attack! Everybody run away!
D0m0omod  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turbo wrote:
Little note about Slayer's new song. No big deal.
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=ub2RGIWw5cM

This is it though, we lose Slayer after this album (so I hear). I was listening to a lot of pre-Reign Slayer yesterday and fell in love with Hell Awaits all over again. It seems like ever since Reign In Blood's popularity took off Slayer continued using that style and lost the touch they had on Show No Mercy and Hell Awaits. However, I still like that new song. Could use less Kerry King though.

Frozen is Death, but I cannot die.

Delorean Progress: Still Searching
tornintwo  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds worse than Christ Illusion, imo. And yeah, Hell Awaits is probably my favourite Slayer album. Reign In Blood is just too short and same-y. Hell Awaits has much more distinction, and is just a great thrash album all around. Make sure you give a good listen to Haunting The Chapel, specifically Chemical Warfare. Good god this song is incredible. It's so evil and powerful, and sounds like early Mantas/Death demo songs.

And this needs to be posted. I am so excited for this record.

http://www.hammersofmisfortune.com/news/

Warnar wrote:
The elitists attack! Everybody run away!
OMKGsus  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any other fans of Shadow Gallery got dealt a bad blow with the death of Mike Baker earlier this week.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=108016
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 51 of 101

Jump to: