ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
how long did it take to get to your current skill level?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
g0dly  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: how long did it take to get to your current skill level? Reply with quote

I just got WT today, and i have never played drums before (actually i played real drums when i was a kid, but never got good at it). I started on hard, and i have goten to the second list of gigs or whatever you call them and i have started to hit my first wall, but i am definatly getting better as i go along. i was just wondering how long it took some of you expert players to go from beginner hard to passing all of expert so i can kinda figure out how long i am going to suck at drums lol.
HellnFire666  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i don't know if this is typical for anyone else, but i took a grand total of 1 day to move to expert, and the next day to beat Scream Aim Fire, and then i finished the career. This isn't meant to brag or anything, im suprised by myself, i didn't even know i had any drumming ability. The thing is, im pretty sure Guitar Hero helped in that i could learn to read stuff flying at me. Really, the biggest key is limb independence, and once you get that down, it really shouldn't take you long at all.
Colgrave  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also had drums when I was real little, I had never played the drums for Rock Band ever. I started on Easy. I am getting 95%+ on almost all songs and can pass some songs on hard. That took me about a week playing around 2 hours a day.
sedron  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took me since January to get where I am now in terms of drum ability. I started on easy/medium, and skipped hard to try out Expert. I can pass probably around 75%+ of Expert drum songs. I have played Guitar Hero for much longer than drums on any game, so my limb independence took a while to get down. This and fast patterns (like Everlong,) are what keep me from beating the remaining songs.
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say it took me 2 or 3 months of serious playing before I got to where I am now. I would say I'll have 50 or 60 expert drum FCs before I'm done with WT with my current skill level. I've never played real drums before.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first got Rockband, I started the Hard career and after I beat that I was passing the first Expert songs with ease. I also started to play my real kit a lot which, I think, helped me get better on Rockband and vice versa. Eventually I was able to Gold Star about 2/3 of the songs and 5* all of the songs except RttH and Detroit.
By the time I was pretty much maxed out on Rockband, I got World Tour and was able to start up again.
I'd say that I'm always improving.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't the answer just "from the time I started until now?"

I didn't progress up to and stay at Expert like most people do, I was trying to max out Hard on Rock Band 1 so I just played that for a number of months. I don't know how long it would have taken from zero to pass an Expert setlist if I did the normal progression.

Now Available in e-book format! Book 1 Book 2
Otharia - Science Fiction/Fantasy from some aspiring writers, check it out! Updates weekly!
sorgenskammer  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had never played RB drums before I got WT but I think I progressed fairly fast.
I got the game the first day it came out and started on easy just so I wouldn't fail out the rest of the band. Got bored fast and went to medium, and by the end of the day I was playing most songs on hard.
I hadn't even touched WT for awhile but now I've been doing nothing but drums for the past two weeks or so and I can beat all but like 10 songs on expert, with a few of the earliest ones 5*d.
Everything in GH2[ ] (PFO, Misirlou, and Six)
Finish Charting a Song [ ] (Almost done)
Azerach  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

been playing on WT drums for 6 days now and i can pass 7 gigs on expert (the first 6 of the drum career [not tool ofc if thats in there somewhere among the first 6...] and then the odd one from later on which has monsoon and all that... kinda funny that its rated "harder" than the ones in between). No previous drumming experience at all and i was quite rubbish at guitar hero before (9,2 mil career score on GH3)
Ryane  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never played RL drums or RB drums.
Had WT for about 2 weeks now, I've completed most of expert. Stuck at Everlong atm, but have already done 2 songs in the final gig (La Bamba and Scream Aim Fire).

But I've also been playing a fair amount of guitar too, so only half my time has been going to drums.
Current GH3X FCs: 63! (FCPREMIX!)
Current GH:WTXG FCs: 17 (Are You Gonna Go My Way)
Current Goals:
Scream Aim Fire FC in first week
Beat It FC also in first week
5* All of Expert Drums
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Dark Lord RyNo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: