ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
No Love for the Guitar Hero Vocalists
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dogfoodnyc wrote:
1. More Videos for exposure
2. More discussion in vocals technique thread to increase interaction
3. More vocalist's accomplishment threads to increase recognition

This! Specifically the accomplishment thread point. The only ones I've seen thus far are mine, tidus, Brian and dramacomic (if you can even count that, seeing as how he played vocals for like 2 days before FCing everything! ). Considering the well-known factor of each of us, its too bad that there's not more recognition for stuff like Brian's Fight Fire With Fire FC. It would be really nice if more people tracked their progress on vocals!

Don't care if you're going for FC's, 5*'s or even just passes, we want to know about it! I can guarantee all of the resident vocalists will follow each other in their accomplishments, which in turn will direct more public attention to it. Yeah, its "Guitar Hero." But lets not let the guitar threads dominate !

How about this as well: A vocals video thread in the technique forum, ala the one I made for RB/RB2? We could try to have a video out for every song, put ourselves out there. My SCC video gets a decent amount of views, only because of the achievement. But there are many more vids to be had!

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
matt1592  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm diggin it for Smash hits

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
dogfoodnyc wrote:
1. More Videos for exposure
2. More discussion in vocals technique thread to increase interaction
3. More vocalist's accomplishment threads to increase recognition

This! Specifically the accomplishment thread point. The only ones I've seen thus far are mine, tidus, Brian and dramacomic (if you can even count that, seeing as how he played vocals for like 2 days before FCing everything! ). Considering the well-known factor of each of us, its too bad that there's not more recognition for stuff like Brian's Fight Fire With Fire FC. It would be really nice if more people tracked their progress on vocals!

Don't care if you're going for FC's, 5*'s or even just passes, we want to know about it! I can guarantee all of the resident vocalists will follow each other in their accomplishments, which in turn will direct more public attention to it. Yeah, its "Guitar Hero." But lets not let the guitar threads dominate !

If I could just throw my two cents into this thread (really, I don't have much else to contribute since I am a terrible vocalist ), I agree with these points here, but from a drumming perspective. I wish there were more drumming threads on this side because I feel there's much more that can be done with drums. Yeah I know Someguy got an FGFC for WT, but Expert Plus is still largely unexplored, as it were. Some songs have like one or no five-stars!

I just revived my accomplishment thread on this side even though I am 1/10 the drummer that many others are (looking at the Rock Band side shows me that). Similar to the vocalists, most people that comment are other drummers (with the occasional guitarist that comes in and says "wow, that is pretty cool shit!"). So hooray for the other instruments too!

Now Available in e-book format! Book 1 Book 2
Otharia - Science Fiction/Fantasy from some aspiring writers, check it out! Updates weekly!
SAW4135  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the pain of the vocalists. (and drummers) I'm not much of a DS player (I play occasionally) but a lot of the DS players get almost no recognition at all. I guess since Guitar Hero has "Guitar" in its name, everyone else is at a disadvantage

Again, its good to form groups so you get some recognition when accomplishments are made

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the main thing, if your a vocalist, is that u have to be able to make videos, and really good quality ones, i mean like azurite quality, otherwise its just totally impossible to get recognition as a vocalist. there is a reason that billtvshow and vixinita are the 2 best known (arguably) vocalists in GH/RB, and that is that they both make really good videos.

just my opinion
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
Y2Grae  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boss1592 wrote:
i think the main thing, if your a vocalist, is that u have to be able to make videos, and really good quality ones, i mean like azurite quality, otherwise its just totally impossible to get recognition as a vocalist. there is a reason that billtvshow and vixinita are the 2 best known (arguably) vocalists in GH/RB, and that is that they both make really good videos.

just my opinion

2 of best known for RB, they aint done squat in GH really to be fair.

I will WILLINGLY take that back if i see them on the game/boards

http://www.scorehero.com/scores.php?user=159296&group=7&game=0&platform=0&size=1&inst=5&diff=4&team=0
just updated my scores on world tour as live is down, would be more confident my metallica scores are correct, but the game doesnt show them....and i cant access the leaderboards, so they are possibly unupdated but are from gh.com
BOYOBOYY  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like Guitar Hero vocals get ignored when they are actually more challenging than Rock Band. I think there are some Rock Band vocalists (I won't name names) who are given too much credit even when they come over to Guitar Hero and can't even hold a streak let alone FC a song. If these people were really talented vocalists they would be successful in Guitar Hero and not just Rock Band. It's annoying that the people who are good at Guitar Hero vocals get no reconition at all.
bclare  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOYOBOYY wrote:
It seems like Guitar Hero vocals get ignored when they are actually more challenging than Rock Band. I think there are some Rock Band vocalists (I won't name names) who are given too much credit even when they come over to Guitar Hero and can't even hold a streak let alone FC a song. If these people were really talented vocalists they would be successful in Guitar Hero and not just Rock Band. It's annoying that the people who are good at Guitar Hero vocals get no reconition at all.

I think there are two possible explanations for high-ranked RB vocalists not doing well on GH vocals

1) They didn't play much. The systems (especially considering FFs) are different enough that if you just jump from RB to GH, you probably won't be scoring as high as you could. It takes a few plays through to get to know the songs, get to know the game mechanics, etc. Not a whole lot of top scores are sightreads

2) They aren't actually all that talented singers, they just got good scores on RB from grinding and practicing until they hit the right notes.

I think it's a combination of those two, but for people like Billtvshow definitely more of the first (does he have any GH scores at all? If he does I know they aren't great anyway)

I agree that GH vocalists should get more attention, not least because I am one, but let's not get carried away criticizing RB vocalists. Both games need to be respected equally; if you just bash the RB vox people then they won't want to give you any respect by playing GH, or commenting on your Accomplishment threads, or watching your videos
BOYOBOYY  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
BOYOBOYY wrote:

I think there are two possible explanations for high-ranked RB vocalists not doing well on GH vocals

1) They didn't play much. The systems (especially considering FFs) are different enough that if you just jump from RB to GH, you probably won't be scoring as high as you could. It takes a few plays through to get to know the songs, get to know the game mechanics, etc. Not a whole lot of top scores are sightreads

2) They aren't actually all that talented singers, they just got good scores on RB from grinding and practicing until they hit the right notes.

I think it's a combination of those two, but for people like Billtvshow definitely more of the first (does he have any GH scores at all? If he does I know they aren't great anyway)

I agree that GH vocalists should get more attention, not least because I am one, but let's not get carried away criticizing RB vocalists. Both games need to be respected equally; if you just bash the RB vox people then they won't want to give you any respect by playing GH, or commenting on your Accomplishment threads, or watching your videos

I wasn't bashing anyone, I don't know what gave you that idea because i'm pretty sure I didn't say anything disrespectful or insulting. I'm saying they are different games and should be treated as such. I personally think it's wrong to treat Rock Band vocalists as the ultimate master vocalists when that isn't always the case. People who play Guitar Hero vocals well should be credited for it instead of well known Rock Band vocalists who come over to Guitar Hero and aren't as good.
dogfoodnyc  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOYOBOYY wrote:

If anything, that part of your post might set off the wrong idea.

I was browsing through Y2Grae's videos (And I am very impressed at the very least) and saw that one comment with the guy referencing Rock Band. I am not sure if there were more of those or not. However, here is what I think GH Vox aren't more recognized at least on SH.

1. Way less active vox posters in comparison to the RB section
2. Way less accomplishment thread in comparison to the RB section

Now, keep in mind there is a year plus gap between RB Vox and GH Vox. When GH Vox came out, I am sure there were a fresh group of players joined up and some RB player who either switched over and tried. And browsing at the official GH leaderboard there should really be MUCH MORE INTERACTION since there are tons of players doing GH Vox. I guess those players are just not common visiters of SH or they are less incline to post. These are all factors why there is less recognition for GH Vox.

As for more credit were given to well-known RB vocalits who are only so-so at GH Vox and yet getting more attention, that is just how things usually works if you have a person who already have a huge following base. They built their fan base or made their accomplishment known for the better part of last year and half. It is going to take time and hardwork to push and sell who the real top dogs of GH Vox are. I am sure once that is accomplished, common folks will know who are the go-to ppl for GH Vox while already known who the go to ppl for RB Vox.

Finally, this is a great discussion on how to put something on the map and give the right group of people credit. Skill-wise, you top guys are already God-Like. Maybe now it is time to promote and made others aware such great skills of yours.

And again, my stand stays the same. I play these games based on the songs. I'll even go over to play Singstar if there is a good song there. I personally had to do some crazy stuff to get myself known on the other side for the last year. I can only hope that by joining with you guys and learn from you that I can help out in making more ppl aware of how tough GH Vox is and how good the top vocalists in GH truly are and should be credited just as the same to their RB counterparts.

My YouTube Channel
Bananenbrot  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dogfoodnyc wrote:
Now, keep in mind there is a year plus gap between RB Vox and GH Vox. When GH Vox came out, I am sure there were a fresh group of players joined up and some RB player who either switched over and tried. And browsing at the official GH leaderboard there should really be MUCH MORE INTERACTION since there are tons of players doing GH Vox. I guess those players are just not common visiters of SH or they are less incline to post. These are all factors why there is less recognition for GH Vox.

now that you mention it, im starting to sense some kind of conspiracy. there has to be a reason, why there is such sparce interactivity between ambitious vocalists on the guitar hero side of SH - like the top scorers had some dark, formidable secret to hide. an alarming thought.
bclare  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dogfoodnyc wrote:
BOYOBOYY wrote:

If anything, that part of your post might set off the wrong idea.

Yeah that was pretty much it. Sorry if I grossly misinterpreted it, but some other people in this thread have been giving some negative vibes towards RB vocalists too.
CrsrC  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I don't think I'll ever understand is why so many people on Scorehero (and other sites I suppose) crave so much attention.I understand wanting to be good or even the best at a game.The high level competition and whatnot.But isn't being good or even great enough?Do you people really need others to stroke your egos and tell you how great you are?I just don't get it.
valioso  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how big is the jump from hard to expert in gh vocals?
bclare  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

valioso wrote:
how big is the jump from hard to expert in gh vocals?

I started out on Hard in GHWT and jumped to expert. It's not too bad at all; if you can get 4* or 5* on a song on Hard, then you get 4* on it on Expert. The absurdly available starpower will help you out also.

@CrsrC: It's not that people need their egos stroked so much, its that no one talks about GH vocals at all. The forum is active right when a new game comes out, but not very much other than that. Compare to the RB vox forum. The point is, people care about RB vox a lot more than GH vox (in general, not everyone obviously) and that doesn't seem fair.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: