Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Tidus' WoR XVox: Epic songs for epic friends! [GH Vox FSFC]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 90, 91, 92  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tidus  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the long overdue reply, I haven't been doing absolutely nothing on any GH recently.

TL - No need to feel bad. Maybe you can pass one someday.

Suker - It'll take some time 'til I finally decide to do some decent grind, I'm not willed enough to play on standard controller. I grew amazingly tired for some reason, but I'l make an effort once in a time. Troggy and Missy, ya know, I won't FC them. Ever.

Yep, this is really a reference from White Wedding (Part 1).

Finally got Smash Hits, on 2-weeks long wait which was almost turning me into a big ol' bag of anger.

I'm doing my effort at it, as always. Despite THE FGFC WON'T HAPPEN AND I'D KILL MYSELF FOR 1/4 OF THE GAME FC'D, I'll do my best to help to give the GH Vocalists some life on the forum. While having fun, of course. FC's will probably be at a secondary plan, as I still didn't get to the venue which has Killer Queen (I can use it as reference, can I?). I'm just glad that my 1st FC wasn't an all-talky song, Psychobilly Freakout lol! Sightread, that was kinda lucky.

I'll put here a link to my stats already. My progress is on Smash Hits is going much better than on Metallica, I'm pretty sure that it's because I know the songs. But still yay!

Tidus' GH: Smash Hits Expert Vocals Stats

Go here to give a check to the scores, all 5-star runs. I'll warn when I get something special, such as Golden Voice achievement or something.

Oh, and as you can see, I did myself a bit of banner-whoring. I just liked them.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smash Hits is like the perfect vocal game... I mean, a game where you know EVERY song? You couldn't get that in any other game! It's just so awesome.

Good luck on your sightreads and you have some great progress so far. Gogo!

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
boss1592  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not with that negative atitude you wont . smash hits is easily the easiest GH vocals game, nowhere near WT or metallica difficulty. plus the songs are all old faveourites. whatever the case, good luck with it, i hope u can give hailz and myself a run for our monies
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
arvain  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey little sis....brother, what have you done ? hey little brother who's the only one ? come on, you'll get it, cause sooner or later, it'll be a nice day to... POWN AGAAAAAaaaaaaaiiin !!!
tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First the replies, then an old-school GH update.

Hailz - Thank you! It's really perfect, at least setlist-wise, which makes me play the game more often. I still think the engine accuracy goes too far though. As for the progress, I showed the stats without thinking twice, because my progress on Smash Hits is already much better than on Metallica. 26 only on the 1st day? No way.

boss1592 - Sorry if I was way too negative, I was just bummed at how stupid Barracuda is, and how much I suffer to get a simple FC here. Maybe I can improve though, but I can never give you and Hailz a race for your monies. But for now.

Arvain - Haha, that was a nice one buddy! In fact, the subtitle ("It's a nice day to start again", for those who missed it), was something to express the way I came back to GH Vocals. Frustrating points from GH: Metallica *points at The Black River* crashed all of my morale and let me with nothing to do but try something on WT, but it didn't last because I found more fun on making those RB2 vids. This is why I consider this as a start over.

This Sunday, my brothers were watching a Naruto marathon (love me some Naruto, but I'm better following Shippuuden now) on a TV, my parents were watching movies on the other. So I'm let on the computer, bored like I've never been. What to do? Some old pendent business. With my Cap Trick, I played again the most entertaning GH for me: GH1. I was looking for a tough FC at some occasion, but I still suck at Godzilla, and on the undertiered Thunder Kiss '65 I hit the 1st solo just to miss the 2nd (the one with the triplets, unfortunately 16th triplets). But well, I got some FC's which I should have long time ago.

This score is very good to do on a GH1 engine, at least for me. Still, I bombed some stuff I shouldn't have bombed.

And, not that anyone cares, but I have a disk where the setilst is mostly Opeth songs, so most of them are long. I really like this disk, and I really like 6 NPS chordfests. They may be boring for plastar players, but they're a workout for Dualshockers And, for being long, I could get 1 million solo on some of them The pic with 2 million score is me and my brother playing Co-op. Lead & Rhythm <33333

I still have Bleak to get 1 million on, got 938k on sightread, then 994k last time. Lolfail. Anyway, I know that almost nobody knows these charts, if possible, I can provide you with them. Either looking for it on YT, or providing them myself.

Well, this is it for now. I'll be back with some Smash Hits stuff later.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
arvain  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOOOUUUU Farewell myth !!! this song is giving me nightmares i can NOT fc it for some reason, it's.... AAAH !!!

but yeah, congrats about those 7 fcs !! back to the good old games huh ? cool ! also, this score on CfH is pretty awesome, i'm so jealous now you're right, on a gh1 engine, it's kinda hard to get this...i was already satisfied with a score 50k below this one O____o you rock !!
tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arvain - Thanks buddy! I'm used to play GH1 with more ease when I use this trick which replaces the towel. I'm playing at a public place, so it would be bad to hang a towel n the TV. So I cover half of my own view without obstructing the TV, with the front of my cap. As for Farewell Myth, do the following. Those HO-PO's come in groups of 4 8th note triplets, but the last one is a chord. You'll be wanting to strum every note. Maybe you can go DUDU on all of them.

Thought it was time to do some more Vocals. I just couldn't resist the temptation. Wanted to see how far I would go FC-wise. No all-talky songs, so this means something for me. Also, I have a technical Play With Me FC. I got the 4th verse on real run, but I'm really unconsistent on "Marco Polo, London Bridges, [backup vocals], Steal the Bacon". So little margin error. Also, I got more scores, already at 36 's, same as Metallica, but with more FC's on Smash Hits, and a much faster progress (I took 2 weeks to have on Metallica what I have on Smash Hits in 2 days. Two because Sunday doesn't count). Check my stats if you're curious...and if you wanna laugh at some of my comments.

Spent some time on the 1st part. Yay for no chokes after it.

Messy freeforming is messy. Still yay. Had problems with the "It disappeared with time it"/"Never made much sense" and similar parts, for being very shorts. The more Foo's, the better. Mr. Green

Terrible time on this one. 2 chokes in a row at the second-to-last phrase. Then 2 chokes few phrases after the solo. Took the end part with my prior octave and did it, for some reason.

The game loves to break my hardly gained combos (especially under SP), so I failed to do a sightread FC. And I didn't do it on vid because I didn't feel secure enough to do so. I'll be making it up for who had expected something from me later. Then I'll be explaining where I usually miss. Ah, messy freeforming on this one too.

More later.

arvain  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yayy you see you can have fcs on ghsh good job !!! also, on Farewell myth i know well how to do it, that's the problem, i can do either DUDU or DUDD, but there's always a moment where my brain freezes and this is ANNOYING !!! the pattern is quite the same all the way, but i always end up messing -____- tssss... i hope i can get it, cause it'll be my fc#... well, surprise (i need to update my thread)

oh and i tried the cap-trick to avoid using the towel trick not very comfortable to play but well x) so i use adhesive tape and a sheet of paper, and it works fine ^^ keep it up !!
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play With Me shouldn't take you too long to get. I worked on it for about 20 minutes (I wanted the OMB FC) without using the practice mode much, and the FC came pretty quickly. Considering I'm not THAT good of a singer, it shouldn't be something hard for you. Good luck!

At first, I didn't even know it was in the pre-TTFAF tier......

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:
Spent some time on the 1st part. Yay for no chokes after it.

You're well on your way sir. I would consider Take Me Out a tough FC, that intro bit took me some time to figure out too!

Gogo more FC's!

A PWM FC should come with time too. For me its hard to not say the lyrics! On 360 its especially picky on certain phrases, but you can get it!

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
dogfoodnyc  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so using your Free Bird video as my pointer for my FC (yeah, I haven't) attempt ^_^

My YouTube Channel
boss1592  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea, the take me out intro took me ages to figure out, it actually took me longer than it took to work out the killer queen verses (iv heard people say the chorus is the hardest in killer queen, but i thought it was loleasy, it was the verses that i struggled with). as for play with me, that will come soon, it isnt that hard once u figure it out. awesome job so far man, keep up the good work
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
dramacomic  
Neversoft QA
Neversoft QA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job tearing up SH vox, tidus! Don't underestimate yourself, I know you will go quite far with this game

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all of the kind words, I actually did it. You folks fucking rock!

Arvain - Sticking a sheet of paper is the most common thing, yet that I prefer to cover my own view only, for being on a public place and all. But...you got The Breaking Wheel and not Farewell Myth? LOL

Undead - What the...Undead posted on my thread? I had to get some luck and consistency. The words seemed way too short for me, miss a hitbox, risk the combo. It didn't happen in the same day, but it happened today.

Hailz - Yep, many people have problem with that intro. But I figured out that the rest would be cake if I hit it, just a matter of not getting nervous. Glad that even you consider this a tough FC! Play With Me is a fun song for sure, but you're right. The 2nd verse, which has a phrase with an empty, "Marco Polo, London Bridges, [backup vocals], Steal the Bacon", and, for some reason, the 3rd verse were my problem. Also, a choke on the ascending part at 4th verse which I trained so much...

Dogfood - I'm so damn honored just to see that. Looking forward to your Free Bird FC!

Boss - Glad I'm not the only one to think that the verses can be worse than the choruses (except for "she's a killer"). Well, the job is done, I bumped to Hard for boredom, but I think I ended figuring it out!

Drama - Thanks man! I'll see how far I'll go. I always think I know my limits, but in fact I don't

Just a repass of a quick edit I did on my previous update, the 1st GH Vocals vid from me.

Free Bird Expert Vocals FC

Well, time to get FC's and scores. You can always check the non-FC's on my stats. Now for the FC's...

Well, all gimme's have been FC'd. Unsung was actually easy, Heart-Shaped Box wasn't quite simple, the choruses were a trouble. With these, I just need to nail Chokezilla to get this tier shining in gold.

Also, this sexy babe...ops, THESE sexy babes. 1st Hard FC of this, nothing else to say. I was just bored, then I ended kinda figuring shit out. I recorded myself doing the last talky before the FC. Click the Expert FC pic for the vid.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I tied with cool people on PWM.

More stuff soon, gonna play some customs tonight!

LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice on PWM, and GH1, too. I got flooded with tons of pictues, thats great, and nice Opeth scores, too! You seem to be everywhere at once, Tidus.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 90, 91, 92  Next
Page 46 of 92

Jump to: