Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Tidus' WoR XVox: Epic songs for epic friends! [GH Vox FSFC]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 90, 91, 92  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wait, am I the only one here who has FC'd Take Me Out's vox intro on "sightread", then messed up later and quit? O.o

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
tidus  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LlamaYip - Great to see that you appreciate the tons of pics, unlike people who look like they take this badly. I like to prove everything. As for the Opeth songs, I got another millionaire run on Bleak, 1.035 mill', maybe my last one on that disk.

Undead - ¯\(°_o)/¯

Just some quick news I thought I'd add here. I'm at 44/47 on Smash Hits Vocals, and pretend to FC More Than a Feeling as soon as I can play. My problem is mostly on "When I'm tired and thinking cold" which is different from the other verses' opening phrases.

Got 1.035 million (I think) on "Bleak" by Opeth on that custom I talked about a few updates ago, being this the 4th and probably last millionaire score I'll get on that disk. Maybe some bi-millionaire Co-op run is in order. Just gotta call my brother and get the shit done.

Back to Smash Hits, the remaining 's to submit are Lay Down (I had it on SR, but my score stunk enough to not get a pic), Freya (much, MUCH better than The Black River, but this re-record threw me completely off with completely different pitches, but it won't take too long) and You-Guess-What-Song.

That's it guys and girls, see ya later!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Taozack  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on PWM, there's some hard bits in the song Keep up the good work And gogogo GHSH VoxGod NAO

tidus  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taozack - Welcome, and thanks for stopping by! Freya shouldn't be much of a problem, Lay Down was already 5-starred, but I need to replay for pic, but Killer Queen will be a pain. When I get back home, I'll be looking for vids.

Time turn on some GHSH and forget the day.

More Than A Feeling fell pretty quickly, as I realized the following: "Then lost myself on a FAMILIAR SONG"/"I CLOSED my eyes"; "...recall as I wander ON"/"As CLEAR as the sun, the summer": the bolt capital words have the same note. Also, I realized at the choruses that I could hold the last note of a phrase which is the same as the beginning of the next one. Just needed to hit that damn phrase after the solo. Finally got an optimal on GHSH.

Best GHSH FC so far? Maybe. But this took a lot of practice and didn't go to the real shit 'til I was pretty sure that I can't choke at the very short "Don't you cry" phrase. Stinky freeforms, stinky SP, but...wanna know? I DON'T GIVE A SHIT! I JUST FC'D CARRY ON WAYWARD SON ON BOTH GAMES! Although I wanted to have some on-demand COWS FCing skills from some of you folks. I intensely suck at this song.

After several chokes at the second-to-last phrase, and having to take this and the last phrase to practice I finally made it. Alas...an FC worse than my non-FC. Fuck this.

Also, I entered a Lay Down score. It still makes me want to puke though.

Not that anyone cares, but I still play the old GH sometimes. This Thursday, with an occupied 360, I went away and played some customs (as I let clear on IRC) which really pumped my blood. After that, some Opeth stuff. 1st of all, I suck at remembering scores. Anyways, got my 4th millionaire score, and possibly the last one.

As for the bi-millionaire sutff, I just popped in the disk, called my bro, and we got shit done in one try. Simple, isn't it? Except for the constant chords at the end which kill our hands

Well, this is it, more Smash Hits stuff soon.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
matt6662  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice FC's. How many more you think you can get?

Also, what the hell is up with these sigs and avatars being huge as fucking hell?!

Matt wrote:
I sometimes pull the chalk ball out if I am on the ground, but I usually stick my hand in the bag.
tidus  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt6662 - Thanks! I think 20 FC's at best is a realistic number, if I'm patient. As for the image, looks like Taozack's avatar returned to normal. As you know, Imageshack was facing issues, some of the servers got hacked. Fortunately this has been fixed, although I'm glad I'm just not using it to host my pics

Just a quick update. Well, I got on Freya by getting a combo through the beginning phrases and having SP on the 2nd freeform. Oh well...this means that I have on all songs except Killer Queen, plus that I barely passed Mushy2008 for 9th on 360, FOR NOW! Seriously, that song is fucking hard. Not because of the lack of freeforms. But because the game makes me feel like I don't have balls. In other words, I can't hit the low parts on the verses. Well, I gotta train through the whole thing anyway

Also, check out what I have on my previous update. I struggled a lot to get that, no kidding.

And check my scores, if you're curious about what I could FC or redo for a better overall score.

arvain  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gogogo for KQ 5* !! no song will resist, as hard as it can be !! keep it up, soon you'll be recording a vid of KQ fc ^^
dramacomic  
Neversoft QA
Neversoft QA

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest Caught in a MOSH for your next FC. Your comment indicates you can hit the "idiot convention" phrases and that's pretty much the trickiest part of the song, imo.

I'm sure you'll get way more, but that's my thought for now. Keep it up mate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tidus, don't forget to watch some tutorials, to practice, to take some time to study the pitches, it'll really help you I'm with you, gogogo KQ 5*

tidus  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all of the comments so far!

Arvain - Well, an FC maybe. With lots of training and such. But on vid, as much as I wished I could make, it won't be possible. But, I'll be concentrating on the first, I can't even it.

Drama - Nice catch! Training "The idiot convention" to get more consistency should do the trick, I gotta hit it thrice in a run. Not an easy task, but I should really FC Caught in a Mosh real soon.

Taozack - I'm watching the Killer Queen Vocal vids, paying attention to the pitches and such. I'll watch again and again, to have the whole thing in my head. It's a way to do it, right?

I'm letting the 700th post for someone but me!

arvain  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha for me then yeah watching videos really helps ^^ i'm calling for a fgfc WAY sooner than you expect
tidus  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arvain - Congrats on doing the 700th post of my thread! About the FGFC...let's just see what happens for now...

July 13th, 2009: Okay guys and girls, I'm re-posting this reply with a BIG update.

First of all, these two FC's, which weren't much of a problem. Just didn't use the optimal thing for I Wanna Rock, and didn't find any path for Shout at the Devil, so I was a bit lost. Anyway, 17 FCs, 1/3 of the game FC'd!

Now the whole story behind Killer Queen. I had the whole afternoon, so I worked on this song. After some time, I finally got the !

And my 1st Smash Hits banner.

Then I realized that I could really have a chance for the Golden Voice achievement. I worked a lot here, adn realized that I was missing critical points while getting blinded by SP. So I stopped using SP, hence the low scores (it's a matter of hitting moar notes, remember?). Quickly, the 95% came, twice, but for some reason, no achievement on neither one of the two occasions. No pic for the other one.

Then, I had a short break for chores and tried again. And, after a few tries, I finally got the achievement by getting 96%, still no SP

Guide Button menu shot FTW

And 2nd banner on a day FTW again. Thanks for these ones, Hailz! Mr. Green

Ah, there is more. I didn't take a pic of a 60k+ run I had on the process. So I tried to do the same, but with SP. After like 3 tries, a run where I hit "To avoid complications" for the 1st time EVER! And after a on the solo, I got this, despite missing the last phrase by silliness.

Now, try to understand me: I omitted SP to get Golden Voice, then I get 98% with SP. How the hell could I do that? ¯\(°_o)/¯ Even worse:

WHO THE HELL AM I???

In other words:

No SP = Golden Voice
With SP = 98% hit???

Again, ¯\(°_o)/¯

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 12th, 2009: After some warmup and study on Hard (and a 1st try FC), and some time training that damn phrase on Expert, I managed to do it, after pathetically missing twice on "Think before you speak", and other easy shit outside "The idiot convention", I was starting to feel like the idiot convention itself. Then, after eating, I gave it another shot. When I got to the last verse with an FC, I really thought I missed the last "The idiot convention" when I activated the SP at the end of it, for apparently being off enough to get a Solid. I was getting ready to whine at the next phrase but I realized it was an Excellent, and recovered myself in time to hit "Which one of these words" and the rest of the song. So damn happy!

Credits go to Dr00bles for the path! (just used it on Expert, didn't expect the 1st try FC on Hard ) And to Drama for such a smart suggestion!

Also, I'll be reduxing some stuff while trying to make a den on Killer Queen. The FC's will have pics on this thread, the non-FC's can be checked through my scoresheet.

Okay, I'm on a good mood, so I'll be re-posting this with extra stuff.

I still play some old GH once in a while, but I'm dealing with customs (regular GH is boring enough) for now. Thought of playing Concerto on a GH3 custom to see what I can do. The chart isn't the same as the one I played on GH2 some time ago (the one with that clusterfuck on the 2nd shred). Well, the end part is much harder. Anyway, my personal highscore is this one, should break 400k when I stop missing easy shit.

On that Opeth disk, I got the feeling that I can has better shit on long ass songs than on annoying songs with ONE hard part in the middle. The fact is: I sightreaded this song, and gave it a 2nd try to FC it. This song replaced Hit Me With Your Best Shot, where I got sick of grinding out for an FC, nailing it on training with the 360 controller and not even making a den on a real run (and never FCing this anymore, not even on Dualshock). Well, I can FC long ass songs with 2280 notes, but can't FC HMWYBS. See? This is Tidus. Get. Over. It.

Stats screen to show that I didn't overstrum anywhere. I think I did a solid on-fly pathing myself

dramacomic  
Neversoft QA
Neversoft QA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job, congrats on the Killer Queen 5-star and the vox achievement, I know you had been itching to get those a while. Congrats on getting a crazy 2000+ note custom FC too, that was random

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, i dont know. I had to omit SP in order to get 95% on that... but at least more people are getting this. Congrats Tidus!

Oh, and if you got 98, you should try for the FC, even if it would be a long painful road

Matt wrote:
I sometimes pull the chalk ball out if I am on the ground, but I usually stick my hand in the bag.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job on the achievement and 98%! This song is tough to master, the choruses threw me for a loop, but its Queen so no surprise there.

Have you seen some of the vids for GH5? It looks like the highway for vocals is black (no more of this transparent crap!), and the tube is much easier to read under star power. I'm glad they're fixing this problem with the vocals, 'cause I hate how bad I do sometimes while star power is running! But even this change may not help us with getting whatever achievement they'll probably come up with for Under Pressure

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 90, 91, 92  Next
Page 47 of 92

Jump to: