Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Tidus' WoR XVox: Epic songs for epic friends! [GH Vox FSFC]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 90, 91, 92  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tidus  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight was an awesome night for my Dualshock. Best GH5 week so far, and the best week on the last months I played GH at, by far.

Why? I finally pulled some tougher FC outta my ass, as well as I could make the impossible possible: jump from 22 to 30 Guitar FC's.

Below you can see the #23 and #27, respectively. I needed more HS than just my standard, the level 3 for Judith. Then I was too lazy and used the cap trick, just like on GH1. Yeah, HS3 AND cap trick. And...Gratitude is surely my best GH5 FC so far. I sightreaded the solo, and I was sure I'd FC it later. Then, it was just a matter of stop missing dumb stuff. I was supposed to anchor red right at the 1st GRYBO sweep, but just did it on the 1st red on the zigzag. Abusing the timing window, and doing like Graf said, I made it, checked the multiplier and screamed. YAY!

These are some "minor" FC's. Shout It Out Loud was #30. And, just to mention, I increased from 681k to 740k my DYFLWD(L) score. Not satisfied yet, I had dumb misses, including SP phrases and notes under SP. Should've been 770k IMO.

I'll see if I pull some more off today. Seems I'm getting back in bits. I wonder if I'll be on fire after this one.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't knew that you could Dualshock on the PS2?

MEAN!!!!!!

Nice job on DYFLWD if 681K was your sightread, well... It's higher than mine

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhYYZ - Why thank you! Oh look, who has a higher score now? I redid with like 3 restarts on the 1st part, and all I got was a lousy 740k run Oh yeah, there is a trick to make PS2 GH5 work with the DS, and considering that I'm used to play it, that cool.

I got a bunch of FC's tonight, it was so awesome. Especially because I got TWELVE NEW FC'S ONLY ON THIS NIGHT and jumped directly to 42 Expert Guitar FC's, the Half-Game FC.

For now, I'll let the my scores for you to see my new FC's. I'll put pics tomorrow because I gotta get myself some Z's.

Tidus' GH5 Expert Guitar Stats

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Bmad965  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally I would play bass but since my good guitar is broken I've just been focusing on drums. When I get it fixed/get a new one I'll see if I can't beat that.

Seriously though, this is all pretty impressive; I tried playing on dualshock before and it's tough. Good luck on those GH5 FCs.

Graf  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You FC'd Runnin' Down a Dream on DualShock!?

Seeing FC's like this just makes it impressive all over again. I was shaking a little bit when I FC'd Runnin' Down a Dream because the solo is so easy to mess up, even if the pattern is just repeating itself. Doing it on a DualShock just makes my head hurt. Good job!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tnanks for the replies so far.

Bmad965 - Hey, welcome! I hope you can get a guitar or fix the current one. It's nice to see more people motivating me, which is the secret of my success right now. Still, if you're having fun with drums, it's great I started playing GH with Dualshock 3 years ago, so my proudest factor is the experience.

Graf - Yeah, that was neat. After I sightreaded it, I said: "this FC will be mine!" Then I kept missing on one set of scales or another. Either I missed between the GRY ones or on the activastion to the RYB ones or, like happened once, on the YBO ones. But the time I spent paid off.

Well, there they are, da pics. Runnin' Down a Dream, which I already knew prior to this game thanks to GTA: San Andreas (except for the fact the radios always cut ending solos ) was the best FC on this last night, obviously. Woman From Tokyo, Cigarettes, Wedding Bands and What I Got were sightread FC's, and there were some semi-sightread FC's, such as So Lonely, which I sightread FC from 1st activation to the end, so it includes solo and last verse/chorus, which are confusing stuff. This was FC #40, and pretty worthy because The Police (and specially Sting) is awesome.

tidus  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the double post, but this is an update.

Wasn't much lucky today. My brother took the Dualshock to play at his friend's house and forgot it there. So when I phoned him he was done already, but when he went there to take the DS back, there was no one there. I had to deal with some faulty gear. I went through 6 or 7 Dualshocks to find a decent one. It was too late.

So well, I only got 2 new FC's. I also got a 23k redux of The Spirit of Radio with a "perfect" run, so I FC'd everything but fast-strumming. These FC's have been on vid, and they're (slowly) being uploaded.

Edit: I made the upload of the 2nd vid to me much faster, preventing me from losing one hour, so I have time to put up the links.

Streamline Woman
You And Me

For now, this is it. I hope I can have more free time tomorrow, which is a holiday, and my own good gear to use. I'm running out of easier FC's, and each one of the FC's I'd need to go for 50 require patience for their harder parts.

Cyberwaste  

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woot! I love Streamline Woman, one of my favourites I had never heard going in...

Also, Spirit of Radio on a Dualshock...

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
tidus  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyberwaste - Glad you like that song to. Maybe I should FC on Bass, along with many songs as soon as I get bored of Guitar FC grinds. I love playing Spirit of Radio, the intro riff seems more comfortable with a Dualshock than with a plastic guitar. I should get a hands vid of this part for fun, so I can show how it looks like.

To get to 50 on-disk Expert Guitar FC's, hopefully before Hailz does, I got some options, but they're pretty much nasty options. These are the ones I hope I can at least get without too much luck.

Blue Orchid - I saw the chart on a vid. I can probably play the YB-YO-BO 16th chord changes as 8th triplets and be fine.

Blue Day - Only time I got that SP phrase on the solo was on SR. Goddammit.

Incinerate - Four 16th RY chords in a row. I gotta practice it.

Smells Like Teen Spirit - I tried to FC this song since when I played custom charts. I got everything here on the GH5 chart, but never in a single run.

Sneak Out - YB 3x, BO 3x, on an 8th triplet speed. Can't think of anything else.

Superstition - As if it wasn't enough to be the hardest Vocals FC, its guitar chart is uncomprehensive. It's those damn saxophones that play those 3 BO trills through the song, ya know.

I may add some, but only after I'm done with sightreading songs I don't know. Didn't add Steady, As She Goes because of 16th triplet strumming. Fuck, this goddamn game is too strummy!

dramacomic  
Neversoft QA
Neversoft QA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As always I'm amazed you can pass anything as strummy as GH5 on dualshock, let alone 5-star and FC almost everything you play! Anyways, keep making those PS2 leaderboards shine now that I'm on 360 ;)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drama - I know you always liked this thread, so it's no surprise. Since GHWT/RB2 came out, there's been too much strummy stuff, maybe because of the obligation of inserting a plastar on the video-game. I'll try my best, but I apparently need to rest.

Today, I finally got my brand new USB michrophone. Pretty cool, and with the lovely smell of brand new stuff.

Shit, I've never been so happy on the latest weeks, after all of that whole shit about I having to cancel my trip and such! And, I wanted to test it at all costs. Popped in that GH5 disk on my 360 and plugged my mic. Under Pressure kicked my ass really hard. It takes time to memorize the improvisations and to know when it's Bowie and when it's Mercury. But singing that "WHYYYYYY???" on its original octave was EPIC. As well as changing lyrics on "Ex-Girlfriend".

But okay, I had my initial FC's. Considering that I almost never combo'd the songs on the headset, it's now another standard.

I still hesitate from counting DWEDFN. Although I made my voice really raspy and took the time to do some shy attempt at screaming. But well, an FC is an FC period.

More soon. I'll still work on Guitar (mostly Hard, as I don't want to bear excessive grindings) and Bass on the PS2. I also want to get "almost One-Man Band FC's" such as the one I got on Lithium (Live) (damn pitched talkies). Only Drums would be missing. Check my PS2 Guitar and Bass stats and my 360 Vocals stats for this, okay?
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also got 6 vids. Only now I'm adding to the OP. It's those 6 bass vids which I thought I'd make for fun.

Lithium *SIGHTREAD*
Judith *SIGHTREAD*
Hungry Like the Wolf *SIGHTREAD*
Bring the Noise 20XX *SIGHTREAD*
Ex-Girlfriend
*PAINFUL CONTENT INSIDE, BE CAREFUL*

lilirock  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on getting a new mic and already a few Vox FCs I'm sure you'll kick ass at it, like you did on the other games

And very nice bass vids, you're very good at sightreading! You did great in all those, even on So Lonely, with that quite fast strumming ending.. I would have messed up the same way, I always do as soon as there's strumming at the end of a song

Also congrats on all the expert guitar FCs!! I have yet to reach your FC count, I'm not even half-way to it But I will of course By the way I'm jealous of your Gratitude FC XD I've never it the full solo yet.. and it's soooo short I'm close though... I hope! And I'm curious to play Running' Down a Dream now that you talked about it haha! I can't remember the song..

Also thanks again for having your 3000th post in my thread, that means a lot Keep rocking Tidus! <3

tidus wrote: I really thought about you and your sexy calm fretting!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PMS lilirock
Nikki  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you just got the mic and are already working on FCs o_O"

Not to mention the sightreads... I'm so bad at sightreads, I don't know how you people can do it so "easily" XD

Keep rocking! (2)

Oh and may I ask where did you buy that mic (online?), or what is its model/price range so I can look for one around here? ^_^

Also, hoping it works for PS2 of course... probably does, but who knows '-'
tidus  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments, keep rockin' you two too!

Lili - Yeah, I'm pretty sure I can kick some more ass. I wanted to test this mic on the other games as well while I'm at it, but the lack of time kills me (you think you're the only one? ). Also, thanks about the Bass vids. I just hope I can get more Bass FC's than Guitar FC's (and check what I can really do on that So Lonely ending, it's not fast, but they're chords, although they're YB, which is all on my stronger hand). I may be good at sightreading. But remember, you got Judith on sightread, and this one's pretty tough to get like you did. I'm sure you'll get both Gratitude and RDaD, and as there are a lot of easy songs, you WILL pass my FC count in few sessions, being considered the skills you got there. I'm sure this post of yours will pump me up again, like my 3000th post pumped you up, probably. To finish, the pleasure is all mine.

Nikki - Hey man, don't worry. Soon you'll get good at sightreading. I'm not THAT good though, but this is just a comparison to medium-high level players who manage 35 sightread FC's on GH5 AT LEAST, so I should avoid it. I had to resort to international Internet stores. Why? I was having a very tough time to search through brazilian stores, and I always found mics in packs with karaoke DVD's, singing games, or the GHWT/RB kits. Never found standalone mics. So yeah, Amazon should be one of the best choices. Surely they'll have the PS2 mic.

Also, thanks to Arvain for the comment posted on my video.

Photobucket scared the shit outta me again. For an hour, I thought they fucked with me for the 2nd time in the same year. My pics, my avatar, my banner, nothing was loading on SH! And only MY images! But it seems to be back.

I'll hardly have any chance to play, as I'll go with my brothers to an anime event. Cosplays (most of them will be Naruto ones definitively), games, and such. If I ever have time to play when I get back home, it'll be Dualshock. But I'm not so sure if I'll go on both Saturday and Sunday. Maybe I stay home on Sunday. This mic...dunno if I'll ever resist the urge to rock with it. Especially when I have high expectations to be better on the other GH's!

tidus  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck this. I hit EDIT but it double-posted.

Old-time problems...

Last edited by tidus on Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 90, 91, 92  Next
Page 50 of 92

Jump to: