ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
DJ Hero Info Thread (10/6: Full tracklist!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
higgatron  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimnir wrote:
Maybe someone can give me some scratch tips... (hint hint higgatron maybe??)

I've been playing beats and pieces and just BARELY got 3 stars... On several other MUCH easier songs, I can also barely get 3 stars... all because of the up up up up up or down down down down scratch paterns... I always end up with my platter too far forward to push anymore...

i watched guitarhero187sh on youtube and he keeps his thumb on the side of the platter to keep it from getting away from him. i guess you kinda hafta pull back with your thumb on the platter. find the sweet spot where the platter barely turns when you push

Kane40  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't watch his videos, but when I got the game, that's how I put my hand... Thumb on the side to avoid spinning... (I'm not a DJ)

EDIT : just finished my sightread on medium... 5* everything
Not many FCs (I think 8... errors were cross-fading ones mainly). Time to move up to Hard I guess

< barely, but yay \o/
S8BB-1 League 14th season/p-o semi-finalist
My Acc. Thread / My RB DLC / / GH3H SP sheet ? / Band Acc / X guitar ESL2 : December 10, 2008
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Kane40Be
Wyatt965  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anybody else just terrible at spikes? I can't hit them for the life of me. Been playing this game since Wednesday, I can honestly say this is the most fun I've had since GH2 when I first picked it up. I am currently on Hard 5 starring pretty much all. I get the occasional 3-4 star but only on hard songs (I DON'T CARE IF YOUR NAME IS WAH-LAY). Moving to expert sooon. What is everyones favorite mix in the game? Mine would be a tie between Day n Nite vs Boom Boom Pow and Bring the Noize 20XX vs Genesis.
[08:17pm] [12:54] <Angels2002> lol luk at me spin dis black circle around
[12:54] <Angels2002> hip hop!
Kois  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there, guys. This post doubles as my first post on this forum.

I've been playing DJ Hero for about two to three days and I have been loving it! Most of the music is appealing to me and it has been really fun to play.

I discovered an interesting technique yesterday. I've already started to abuse it for a few songs. I don't recall any indication from the game about this being possible, but maybe I wasn't paying attention or something?

I have found that there are two kinds of rewinds. Short (normal) rewinds and buffered rewinds. The short is what I saw on DJ Hero videos before the game came out and in the tutorial. Just spinning back the platter instantly.

I was replaying songs yesterday shooting for high scores and was confused at seeing that sometimes rewinds seem longer than normal. I finally figured out that you can buffer rewinds. Doing this makes the replay section much longer, thus generating even more points. Perhaps even doubling the length of the rewind.

To buffer a rewind is simple. Right before drawing the record back, push forward on the record in a forceful motion (a 45 degree movement seems to work just fun), then quickly spin the whole record backward.

Try it out and see for yourself! Did anyone else know about this? I wish I would've known it before doing some of the hard songs.
Grimnir  

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that must be the difference between a 360 and 720 rewind <_< i'm gonna practice it because I've noticed that sometimes rewinds give crap (a few seconds) and sometimes alot (several measures it seems <_<)

There is a trophy and achievement for it, so I'd say it definitely is not exploitation. Thx for figuring this one out for me. I've been so occupied enjoying the game, I haven't yet worked out the extent of game mechanics.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game is AWESOME!!!! I started on medium and now play on expert. I'm ranked top 10-20 on most of the set lists. I'll be making some videos for youtube soon.

This game is WAYYYYYY more fun than I thought it would be.

Oh yea I can never find anyone online. So if anyone wants to play my XBL Gamer Tag is chrisDGAF13
sXeSTI  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really had hoped this game would be good, and after playing it for a couple of days, it definitely has not disappointed me.

I've got some videos up of some expert stuff if anyone wants to watch, I'm not amazing, but I can 5 star most expert songs. http://www.youtube.com/user/sXeSTI
higgatron  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone have jugglemort's secret outfits? how'd you unlock them? i got dj kawstic's secret outfits but dunno when...i think it was for 5* medium. i'm assuming 5* hard gets you his outfits since i can't figure out what else to do. i've FCd tracks on hard and expert, so...any ideas?

LaserAntigrav  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone tried asking DJHero on twitter for more cheat codes?

"The Halo over my demise / Following a God so blind / Shallow in their sickening, swallow not the shit they feed."
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: g3arsofwar0wns PSN Name: sacredring
Grimnir  

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LaserAntigrav wrote:
Has anyone tried asking DJHero on twitter for more cheat codes?

yeah seriously >_< NEED hyperdeck >_<

(donna clone this post into the dj hero area lol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's move all discussion to the DJ Hero forum section now
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
Page 21 of 21

Jump to: