Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Wooffus (vox) - FebMP vids+analysis; seeya on the blue side
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing wrong with referring to me by my real name, honestly. But thanks very much!

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me give this thread a little bump to state four new FCs. And to be honest, they all sting like a bee and have almost made me a right loner. Still fun

---

Update: 29th December 2009

Video Feature Double: Sowing Season (Yeah) | Brianstorm

2 apparently-nightmarish tracks, both successfully pulled off. Albeit, I didn't realise it until now but I was still very soft on my consonants with "Sowing Season", and as for "Brianstorm", I kept replacing the word "innovator" with "alligator" for some weird reason. >_> I suppose I was paying more attention to the pitches than the lyrics back there.

GH5 Progress Report: Another free day, another vox plight. And to make up for the lower intensity songs of yesterday, I decide to tame four MONSTERS out there:

"Streamline Woman" was fiddlier than I thought it would be - the first "let me be good to you" line wasted a huge number of perfectly good takes. Alas, it was at least solved in less than 40 minutes, so all's good.
"Back Round" was done in 2 takes, and clearly the easiest song in today's set. I suppose it's one thing to be greatful for long phrases here.
I was expecting "Judith" to take longer than just 10 minutes to get a good take on film (and when I did I did one heck of a killer long note session); alas, all my duff takes had me replacing the ready-for-primetime "Thank your God" line with the original "Fuck your God" line in the studio recording. The finished recording wasn't so lucky.
And as for "So Lonely", the first 70% of the song was very easy to sort out, but most of my takes were killed off in the "I feel so alone" bits at the end, which I didn't think need much practice at all. Alas, I'm finally glad I got it out of the way.

So yes, another set successfully done. I may not have as much time tomorrow (which I bet will be the last time before the year is out), but I'm still keen to keep going regardless. Thanks

[This update has been archived here for the sake of the first post.]

Last edited by Wooffus on Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet, "So Lonely"...even if I know the end by heart, I'm still subject to get lots of Solids. Another monster outta your way to the FGFC, Bev. Aside "Superstition", I don't think there's another GH5 monster that can haunt you THAT much. Might as well get rid of "The Rock Show" and "Under Pressure", or maybe "Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting)", for an example.

But, awesome job yet again!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I had it planned from the start that "Under Pressure" will mark FC #42. My intention was that it would give me time to get used to the vocal system, and by the time I understand my own comfort zone on my vox approach, the song will be tackled.

Alas, I mentioned in my GH:SH final thanks vid that I did a TERRIBLE sightread on it, but I'm sure once I learn the verse pitches, I should be able to manage it

tidus  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, I did miss that. My bad.

Your insane FC's probably got the very best of me by making me think that you wanted to get rid of everything harder earlier instead of letting them to the final FC's. But, with Fame, Sympathy and others, many would think nearly the same as me.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
arvain  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohooo, some gh5 vox fgfc incoming here, sweet Good job ! Keep it up !!
werelord  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arvain wrote:
ohooo, some gh5 vox fgfc incoming here, sweet Good job ! Keep it up !!

Not just a FGFC arvain but the first GH5 vox FGFC on wii. You missed out on quite a vocalist catch up...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, well it is true that I got rid of some of the more challenging ones early on. But at the same time, I don't want to burn myself out early. All for the better, I think.

To arvain and werelord: Thanks for the visits, you two

Moving on with a new update with 6 new FCs. The pressure didn't quite push so far down on me, as you can clearly see.

---

Update: December 30th, 2009

Video Feature Double: Song 2 | 2 Minutes to Midnight

Intended to cap off 2009 in style, the next chronological FC and what I thought sounded good enough to drop the ball on both got hosted here and now. I do admit I sung some wrong lyrics in the latter, but they're still both a heck of a lot of fun.

GH5 Progress Report: More time has been squeezed through today to get some more FCs out of the way. And what a load it is - let me show you what I've done.

"Smells Like Teen Spirit" and "Cigarettes, Wedding Bands" were both sightread FCs. Two easy tracks to start my day, I guess.
"Lust For Life" was just plain fiddly, even though I knew the song pretty well. The fourth repetition of the title lyric in the break and the repeat of the first verse often got me more than any other part of the song, though I was still able to have a good take on film in less than 15 minutes.
"Only Happy When it Rains" took about 10 minutes of learning in practice before scoring an FC in 2 takes. And it's weird - of all the Garbage tracks I know, this is one that I'm not quite as familiar with.
"Wannabe in LA" had notes shifting so fast that I had to REALLY soften my consonants in this one. At least the notes were easy to pick out and the song was short, but that's about it.
And finally, "Under Pressure". After taking some time to learn the many different troublesome parts in the song, it took me a mere 45 minutes to get the FC on film. Albeit, I did the first Star Power activation too late. >_> I'll have that solved in a future FC, if there's any competition, hehe.

I'm not quite done for 2009 just yet, but I am sure that I will be able to get a last few set in tomorrow. As of now, I am officially halfway there!

Last edited by Wooffus on Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
werelord  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love your references to the songs you've FCed. Also is there any hard song left? How much longer will it take? We need a GH5 vox FGFC show wii pride! And as always congrats on your awesomeness.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I estimate that it should take me about 8-15 playing days left to see if I can get the others in. But who knows when they'd be - after tomorrow, I think the only days when I think I'd be able to squeeze any form of mammothload would be on Mondays and Fridays, the two days of the week that I don't go to work.

I'm still dreading "Superstition", but otherwise, I think I'll be ok

tidus  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, the time has come.

You actually took like 1/3 of the grind time I took to FC that song, but holy crap at "Wannabe in L.A." I only have a on the last phrase!

Also, I feel for you on "Lust for Life (Live)". That song is so damn chokable...still fun for me and my baritone.

Congrats on the Half-Game FC! You're way faster than everyone (including you ) thought. Looking forward to more, now that you're on a major landmark.

Wooffus  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's so true. After the time it took me to clear "In the Meantime", I thought I might have issues throughout, but I'm flippin' amazed XD
I think I may slow down a little once we pass into 2010, but we'll see.

Also, you ain't seen "chokable" unless you've seen one of the other tier 5 songs in today's update.
Talking of which, 9 new FCs prior to when the ball drops! And I bet Peter Frampton's account in today's big one would be a foreshadowing of what *I* might be like tomorrow morning... maybe?

---

Update: 31st December 2009

Video Feature: Under Pressure

This one jumps the queue because I'm doing a New Year's Eve update and I want to end 2009 on something epic. It doesn't get more epic than that A5 note near the end of the song; though, it could've been more epic if I timed my first Star Power activation a lot better. o.O

GH5 Progress Report: Yep, a mammothload DID come through in the space of one morning. I suppose that's my way of being ready for the kind of activities to see the end of the year on, I guess. Anyway, here's what I did.

Trying to sing a Kiss song at nearly 9 o clock in the morning doesn't do any good on your throat, as my croaky end of the second chorus had proven. Alas, I'm glad I got the bits at the end, all on my first take.
"Kryptonite" was also done in one take, though I completely forgot to do any practice on the third verse (surprised I nailed that straight away!).
"Ring of Fire" was a total redux after a sightread for the vocal challenge a few weeks back. My first take went so well and I choked on the very last one - never knew I had to go *that* low. Alas, rectified myself later.
"Bring the Noise" was just total lulz, let's leave it at that. >_>
"Medicate" was a pain in the ass; the break after the second chorus resulted in most of my takes on this one being thrown out of the window. But once I finally got around it, it was a clean sweep for the FC.
Alas, so was "Maiden, Mother and Crone". As much as I like The Sword, they're clearly no fun on vox at all, so I've had to go by pure luck to get something in. And I felt even more surprised that I got the take on film in less than 15 minutes, hoo hah!
"Woman from Tokyo" was done in 2 takes. What's this doing in intensity 6 anyway - the high G note in the third verse? It's an easy one to learn.
The same can be said for "Blue Orchid", but then again, I'm probably gonna be one of few who can hit the original octaves naturally.

And once all those are clear, let's focus on the big highlight - literally!

The stumbling blocks I practiced extensively on this one were the second verse (the "taxi" line was just horrendous) and the freestyling during the rhodes piano solo. Then when I finally got around to getting this on film, it only took ONE TAKE! Which is just as well given that the song's that long, you can probably attempt the intro to "Through the Fire and Flames" on GH3 inbetween the rhodes piano and talkbox solos if you want to (I forgot who initially said that, but I want to echo it here anyway).

Anyway, from singing about one hangover to embracing one myself - I wish you all a Happy New Year!

Last edited by Wooffus on Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
tidus  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:
Also, you ain't seen "chokable" unless you've seen one of the other tier 5 songs in today's update.

What the hell are you talking about? I did experience last verse chokes before nailing "Maiden, Mother & Crone" too!

Anyway, you had the patience to go through DYFLWD(L), huh? Very nice one. That song is a real pain on some phrases, and I didn't even try a real run. On "Ring of Fire", you saw that you needed to go THAT low indeed...but another nice FC. Short phrases are a killer.

One of my main plans was to get a vid of "Blue Orchid" on lower octave (still almost at the top of my singing range), but as you can sing the original pitches, yours might me way more enjoyable

That was a lot of FC's, amazing job again. Keep it up, and have a Happy New Years!

Last edited by tidus on Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By "chokable songs", I was actually referring to "Maiden, Mother and Crone"; that to me is a more painful FC than the Iggy Pop and AFI representations in this game, and I am really sure it requires more luck to get done right.

But yeah, thank you

tidus  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:
By "chokable songs", I was actually referring to "Maiden, Mother and Crone"; that to me is a more painful FC than the Iggy Pop and AFI representations in this game, and I am really sure it requires more luck to get done right.

But yeah, thank you

You're welcome. Oh, I fixed my post with another true experience that I had, as you can see Mr. Green

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 4 of 49

Jump to: