Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Wooffus (vox) - FebMP vids+analysis; seeya on the blue side
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to reply to everyone again, methinks.

StormEagle: You're very welcome! Your visit came as a surprise, thus I'm glad that you managed to enjoy it

arvain: Are you telling me that there isn't any other vocalist other than you who got a FGFC on anything other than vocals? If so, that's kind of a surprise, but I'll do my best.
But no worries, Corrine Bailey Rae's a great singer, though I'd honestly prefer singing her stuff than playing it on a fake plastic bass

Enginn/Werelord: Thanks, doubt those fingers would be flexible enough for a FGFC on guitar at all but I'm game to keep progressing

chaosfreak: Another great question!
Seriously though, with 10 star power phrases spread across less than 4 minutes, and most of them being easily whammy-able, I'm pretty sure that the charters went over the top on "Naive", and additionaly 'm not surprised if someone *still* can't find an optimal path yet. >_> I guess it would make for one of the easiest 5*s in the game for bass, if at that.

And now I lead into today's update. The vid would have more than a thousand fathers killed, the bass FCs want me to have that same last dream again amongst others, and the vox challenges I received almost made me want to get away and fly away into the sky.

----

Update: May 31st 2010

Video Features:

GH5: Lust For Life (Live)
DLC: Bloodmeat (YT | DM)
BH Import: Our Lips Are Sealed
Van Halen: Runnin' With the Devil

Back to week's beginning again, I guess.
I'm just a handful of vids away before my playlist of GH5 vox FCs is complete, and "Lust For Life" is both one of them and one of those that I have issues singing, though my consistency on this one isn't half-bad in comparison.
"Bloodmeat" continues my DLC request plight. I don't care what people say - this one was actually very fun
"Our Lips Are Sealed" was one of those tracks that were covered in Friday's stream, so it's appropriate to share here. 80s pop rock ftw!
And finally let's fit in some Van Halen. I may sound a little sharp for this run on "Runnin' With the Devil", but if I still kept my excellents and proved all the lost potential this song could've had on a vox chart, then that's all that's needed really.

But now that I brought up the stream, here's the log for it real quick in case anyone missed anything:

1. The entire night was done through Band Hero, thus no disc change was needed throughout. Having received a request to do vox FCs for the Lenny Kravitz track pack just under 2 hours before, I open the stream with a sightread vox FC run on "Fly Away". Kire was expecting me to grind for it; it just came as a surprise!
  2. Vox requests were taken not long after, being "Lifeline", 'something to do while waiting for Kire' (a.k.a. "No One Knows", SH Import) and 'something from the metal pack' (a.k.a. "Still I Rise" - thank you Enginn).
  3. Kire joins me in the first of several co-op runs this evening. The first two tracks we did together were "(No More) Paddy's Lament" (Flogging Molly, sightread on my part with -11) and "Our Lips are Sealed".
  4. Kire left for dinner, so in the meantime I head to GHTunes. I tried to get through CheesecakeMilitia's cover of "Franky the Mad Pitchfork" from Conker's Bad Fur Day but failed three times, and could never get beyond 30% done.
  5. I at least took other GHtunes based requests. Kire suggested that I do yet another run on "Metal Madness", and then StormEagle asked for RulerOfEarth's cover of blink182's "First Date". Grabbed in 2 goes - first time playing it through, my Wii froze for some stupid reason. Don't ask me how.
  6. Kire returned to go go get the beat. Tracks covered this time around were:
    - "The Seven Deadly Sins" (Flogging Molly)
    - "Bad Reputation"
    - "Like Whoa"
    - "Harder to Breathe" (Celebrity New Years)
    - "Simple Man" (Lynyrd Skynyrd, my first vox FC on it!)
    - "Believe"
    - "Take What You Take"
    - "Re-Education Through Labour" (WT Import)
  7. With Kire leaving the drums alone, I take up solo vox for a couple more tracks, particularly "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree" and "Juke Box Hero" (Classic Rock 3). StormEagle's commentary during the latter prompted me to get around to drawing this the following night:

8. Kire takes up the vox for another co-op set, while I did the guitar part this time. Songs covered:
    - "Mr Roboto"
    - "Bring Me to Life"
    - "ABC" (the only one in which we only managed 4 stars lol)
    - "Stillborn" (WT Import)
    - "Message in a Bottle" (SH Import)
    - "Fascination"
  9. StormEagle joins us on drums, with me on vox and Kire on guitar. Songs covered in the warmup set were:
    - "About a Girl" [WT Import]
    - "The Day that Never Comes" (Death Magnetic, and another sightread!)
    - and another run on "Paddy's Lament" (-5 this time)
  10. I switch to bass because *somebody* wanted to go to sleep. >_> Songs gone through in the following set -
    - "Cult of Personality"
    - "Sweet Home Alabama" (WT Import)
    - "Still I Rise"
    - "Jessie's Girl" (Classic Rock 1)
    - "Play With Me" (WT Import)
    - "Twilight of the Thunder God" (Metal, StormEagle had to be saved twice)
    - "Lazy Eye" (WT Import, StormEagle's first drum FC on this song!)
    - "The Kill" (WT Import)
    - "American Pie" (Kire threatened to pick this if "The Kill" was chosen, but still, bass sightread FC!)

Again, what a great night that was - you all were stars

Coming on further through the week, I managed to get some more bass FCs done for the BH FGFC. And it's becoming decreasingly chaotic, for all the right reasons:

The only ones of note I can see in this batch are "Love is a Battlefield" (which had a few tricky hooks near the end that prevented me from a quick FC) and "Honky Tonk Women" (which had me forgetting various rhythms near the end). But otherwise, this certainly wasn't a bad set. And I can say that it's steadily coming into my hands now

And a vox-dominated thread won't be much without vox FCs though, right? Still, I took up the rest of Kire's request of the Lenny Kravitz track pack and got them all on film, good to go:

"Lady" and "Let Love Rule" needed some time aside to practice them first, but otherwise, all of the runs were cleared in one take. I'd say the highlight was clearly going through the ending for "Let Love Rule" in particular - that one IS very rewarding with some of the mini-wankery done there, so that's definitely one that I can't wait to share.

Furthermore, Kire and I started up a rotating Wii/PAL band yesterday, and when us both warmed up there came this particular run if no one's seen it yet:

My end was pretty messed up though - no idea where the missing 47 notes were tho, but Kire still insisted that he FC'd his drum parts (a rarity according to him). But like with the 3-way FC on "Jessie's Girl", I missed all my star power phrases on his end but I got all of them here. There's clearly something not right with the QA here, or so I think - we may need some clarification on this one. :\

And that sums up what I managed to grab over the past 72 hours. I suppose the next step will be to wait for the Stone Temple Pilots track pack this week, and I'm set to sink my teeth into that one. I should hopefully have an analysis by week's end!

[This update has been archived here for the sake of the first post.]

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!

Last edited by Wooffus on Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Arvain is right.
I haven't FGFC'd vocals on Band Hero "yet". (Even if I have it on Gtr/Bass)
Nice job on Bloodmeat, that's a tough one!

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOVE LOVE LOVE THE PICTURE!!!

Edit: And "thanks" for mentioning that you needed to save me twice...

Last edited by StormEagle on Mon May 31, 2010 7:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 7258558396566063 ICQ Number
Overwin  

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So beast
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger PSN Name: XygnusX-1 Wii Friend Code: 8930246070815422
dr00bles  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on the new videos, and so oddly coincidental.

Recent requests for Bloodmeat spurred me to post a video as well. Had no idea until after I recorded it! I guess we all think alike

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great job on bloodmeat, i dont actually own it, but damn it looks like blast to sing. and a tough FC to boot.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job. That song sounds fairly tough, unlike what you'd expect from most metalcore songs

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new update is looming, so let's get to the replies already:

WhYYZ: Well I noticed that you got a FGFC on vocals for GH5 already, so I should've realised that you're part of the club too Still, arvain's right in that there needs to be a little diversity, so there we go.

StormEagle: Glad you liked the pic
And also... you're welcome, I guess? All I guess we can do here now is blame Kire for picking that bloomin' song..... ouch.

Overwin: Muito obrigado, amigo. It was also fun playing with you over the weekend too, you showed a load of promise!

dr00bles: You know, you hosting that run wasn't the only odd coincidence I ran into. The person that wanted me to do the run was also celebrating their birthday that same day, and I didn't know until Thursday morning! I don't know if that's meant to be a good thing or a bad thing, but it may mean something.
I'm glad you appreciated the response too

boss1592: Well, I took it down in 15 minutes but knowing you you'd flat out destroy it. Team EpicFail may love you for it if you do decide to tackle it.

chaosfreak: Yeah, metalcore tracks typically seemed kinda simple to get the pitches down, but that just had to be a rare exception. It's making me think though, why did they call the pack "Knuckle Sandwich" anyway? The other two songs are about rebelling against mainstream music and a pirate looking for its wooden leg respectively, or so I think. Got any ideas?

Anyway, moving onto the update above, where I'd apparently be seeing 'double double' with the phrase breakdowns of this week's DLC pack.

---

Update: June 4, 2010

Video Features:

Van Halen: Double Vision
DLC (Stone Temple Pilots): Between the Lines | Plush (YT | DM) | Sex Type Thing

Another Friday, another set of stuff.
I'll throw in some Foreigner alongside the track pack of the week, personally; the weird thing about them is that they're tricky to learn, strangely got them in one take (though please excuse me being a little sick on the recording), and it's hard to be able to redo them again. XD But they're great songs, so what else can we argue here?

And to be frank, so are the Stone Temple Pilots stuff. They all sounded really fun on paper, though when it came round for me to try and tackle the tracks myself, I admit that even I seemed a little disappointed. Let me go through them all:

Between the Lines: The new track of the lot, and to be fair it wasn't all that bad. I had to sacrifice annunciations for the breakdown though, and had to be made aware of which harmony was charted for the bridges (which also of course resulted in an oddball jumble of the tongue in the first time around), but otherwise it seemed alright to sing. Still not a lot of room for error though, so it does take some time to get to learn.

Plush: A pretty song with some RIDICULOUS phrase splits. I know Beenox already went over the top with "Rag Doll" earlier, but to separate some of the "to find it" phrases into two was icing on the cake. Luckily the song is annunciable, so not too problematic.

Sex Type Thing: This one tested my lower range, though part of it's my fault for daring to do it in the original octave. Didn't see anything too ridiculous though, but like "Between the Lines" the margin for error meant really having to focus during some of the tricky parts - in my case, that would be where it jumps octaves between phrases and those low "here I come" bits.

Overall they can be fun to hear, but whether you'd find them fun to play is all out of preference. Thoughts on the guitar and drum charts from the DLC Archive thread had also expressed thoughts of disappointment, but it really comes down now to whether you're still pumped to play them.
I'm seeing real senses of irony though - people are more excited to do acts that they want to see but the charts disappoint them, yet when an act that they didn't want to see shows up they seem to appreciate the charts more. Oh well. :P

Anyway, that sums up my plight for the week. I'll be returning to the stream later on tonight, so I'll be sure to update the thread when it's time

Last edited by Wooffus on Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:59 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, as I said on stream, thanks for the Double Vision vid, I thought I would have lost my mind trying to FC that with no video to hit up.

And yeah, on the STP tracks, I hate how they were broken down as well. They killed Plush's charting completely It has 90 phrases, which feels like it should be around half as many. I'm not looking forward to what Beenox will put out from here.

edit: When did you get in Team Epic Fail? That's awesome! I hope you'll show them that you're anything BUT an epic fail. ^_^

Last edited by chaosfreak07 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
StormEagle  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you again for the super awesome evening/night.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reply time again! Not much, but still:

chaosfreak: Hah, if you wanted a reference for "Double Vision" you could've asked earlier. I'm not a soothsayer, though the events of the past few weeks almost made me come close.
The Stone Temple Pilots tracks were nuts, that much is true. But if they were at least annunciable for me, then I can say that we're not facing the most bullshit situations from Beenox just yet. I've got my fingers crossed that they'll deliver with the Alice Cooper pack, the one pack I want to see the most this month.
As for Team EpicFail, boss invited me not long after the stream was over, so I offer a load of thanks for the guys out there

StormEagle: You're very welcome, hope you nail "All Along the Watchtower" soon

Bumping up with an update, and these are going to be more frequent this week due to an entire week off. However, I just had to end up enduring a rough start, and even Youtube had the balls to say that "your sunshine will never come" too. >_>

---

Update: June 7th 2010

Video Features:

GH5: Gamma Ray
DLC: The Day That Never Comes
BH: Ocean Avenue
Metallica: Hell Bent for Leather (YT | DM)

A new week means a new set of vids. In advance, it's another week off for me so like I did when going for the FGFC in GH Metallica, expect more updates than the usual. >_>
"Gamma Ray" was actually a tricky song to learn when making the initial FC, so it can be a little confusing for re-FCs at times. Not sure if I'd like the song all that much, never was really a fan of Beck, but oh well.
"The Day That Never Comes" was channeled together after a series of mishaps going across an entire week. Note that my vocal style sounds so drastically different in this run in comaprison to others - I literally wanted to pour feeling into this one. Hence why I'm so frustrated that Youtube blocked it worldwide and it extremely pissed me off doing so - I wanted people to see this one so much!!!
"Ocean Avenue" was one of the tracks covered in Friday's stream, and one of the three vox recordings done the morning after the 'nunchuk incident', so if I sound a little quiet, you know why. :P
And finally, the optimal path for "Hell Bent for Leather". I should link that in the Wiki along with the path I posted up - surprised that not many people found it.

Before going anywhere, here's to a log on what happened on Friday night's stream for anyone that missed anything:

1. The entire night was done through GH5, so again, no disc swaps. Enginn sent forth the opening request of the evening with a vox run on "2 Minutes to Midnight".
  2. The following requests that were taken afterwards - complete with viewer chat that sometimes went as far as half an hour long (!!) - were "(No More) Paddy's Lament" (Flogging Molly), "Panic Switch" (Silversun Pickups, not really a request but more like I wanted to try it myself), "All Along the Watchtower" and "The Seven Deadly Sins" (Flogging Molly again!).
  3. Course, part of the pauses were due to waiting for Kire to finish off his newest entry into the GHTunes library. For preparation, I went through his "Bloody Tears" cover, "Mysterious Place", my own "Twisted Goosewing" and finally on "Endiess".
  4. As a token of thanks for the help on "All Along the Watchtower" earlier, StormEagle decided to help me out with the career challenge for "Brianstorm". Platinum obtained, and with it came Focus Mode - thank you so much!
  5. Then we both did some quickplay together, himself on drums and me on vox. Tracks covered in this first batch:
    - "Hungry Like the Wolf"
    - "Ocean Avenue" (BH Import, Storm's best run according to him, and final note to Kire - this is NOT AN EMO SONG)
    - "Play With Me" (SH Import, hilariously bad star power pathing)
    - "The Kill"
    - "Sweet Leaf" (Black Sabbath, ended prematurely due to Storm dropping his sticks =()
    - "Fascination" (BH Import)
    - "Sweet Leaf" take 2 (note the applause after the drum solo)
    - "Stillborn" (WT Import)
  6. Kire then published his latest GHTunes submission, "Behind a Clear Wall". I was of course there to test it; failed at the end on my first go, and then managed to somehow survive on my second. All we need now is someone who can survive the drum parts too...!
  7. With the night drawing on, I ditched vox for plastic guitar entirely at this point. I then returned for more co-op with Storm via runs on "Paralyzer" (BH Import) and "Panic Switch" (epic song is epic still on other instruments too, apparently).
  8. Kire joined in too and I switched to bass. Tracks covered between us:
    - "Demolition Man" (WT Import)
    - "YYZ" (SH Import)
    - "I Wanna Rock" (SH Import; must remember that it's more sensible to actually use star power when saving the band.....)
    - "Still I Rise" (Metal, turns out that Kire forgot about the X+ glitch)
    - "Re-Education Through Labor" (WT Import)
    - "Rock and Roll All Nite" (SH Import, overstrum city from Kire's part?)
    - "Song 2" (ended prematurely because Kire was struggling to play anymore)
  9. I switched back to guitar for two final tracks with Storm - "Plush" (Stone Temple Pilots) and "Juke Box Hero" (Classic Rock 3, and again, Foreigner ftw!)

Again, thanks very much to all visitors that night! You all are a bunch of stars

And now for what I've done. I managed to grab 8 more bass FCs lately first of all, bringing me even closer to that fgfc for BH:

I don't think any of them were all that troublesome to me. The rhythms for "Paralyzer" were kinda funky, especially near the end, and "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" had me feeling obnoxious due to the huge wait for the first note and several chokable spots throughout. A mini American Pie, maybe?
Still, I'll be taking a break from these throughout the week to focus on something else to keep me stimulated during my week off. You'll believe them when I see them ;)

And surely, no update's without any recent vox accomplishments, right? I managed to go further into my DLC and dished up these particular FCs during that time:

Time to look through all those.

- "I'm Shipping Up to Boston" (Knuckle Sandwich) - Pure lulz, though I admit to choking in the second verse by accident on my first attempt. >_>
- "New Wave" (Knuckle Sandwich) - Stale pitches are stale, though it's probably the most fun of the tier 1 songs I've done on DLC so far.
- "Mr Brightside" (Killers) - Actually a re-FC but wanted to show what I can do anyway.
- "Hold Up" (Raconteurs) - First verse was a ltitle fiddly but otherwise it's not all that bad. Gotta love some Jack White somehow.
- "Show Me the Way" (Classic Rock 1) - Intensified way too low. It took me a while to learn, but when I did it was still a modestly quick fc, but there are parts there that show that it shouldn't have got the rating it got. Enjoyed doing it though.
- "Broken Man" (New Blues Masters) - Fiddly to learn, but not as bad as "Lonesome Road Blues" mind you. I can pretty much say there's tough vocal challenges right across the pack, that's all I can say.
- "'54 '74 '90 '2010" (European 1) - Picked it just to get hyped over the World Cup, since us Wii owners are out of a deal with the Ouimette stuff this week. Took 2 tries to get on film, and even when nailing the FC, my foreign tongue certainly had some issues :P
- "That Was Just Your Life" (Death Magnetic) - This was just chokesville, especially since you don't do anything for the first two minutes. And at that, the verses are tricky to keep streak on, not to mention having to watch out for some of the minor chorus variations. Arguably the toughest song in the Death Magnetic pack on vocals, though I still need to do 2 more.
- "I'll Never Know" (Activision Music) - Done in one go. I guess I got a natural gift for pop punk as well as a natural hinderance...!
- "Kid Charlemagne" (Steely Dan) - The verse ends are what you should look out for the most - they actually make this surprisingly tough for a Steely Dan song. And I thought it wouldn't get any tougher than "Bodhisattva" to be honest, though the charting on the latter was just hilariously bad.

And that sums up my update for today. Please, I could do with the feedback on the DLC run more than anything; the frustration that Youtube didn't want it is more of a burden than what I had when recording the run to begin with

Last edited by Wooffus on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:25 am; edited 2 times in total
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:
A new week means a new set of vids. In advance, it's another week off for me so like I did when going for the FGFC in GH Metallica, expect more updates than the usual. >_>

Uh-oh. I hope your boss didn't make the wrong decision letting you off, because we all know what happened last time he (or she) did that, don't we?

Wooffus wrote:
"The Day That Never Comes" was channeled together after a series of mishaps going across an entire week. Note that my vocal style sounds so drastically different in this run in comparison to others - I literally wanted to pour feeling into this one. Hence why I'm so frustrated that Youtube blocked it worldwide and it extremely pissed me off doing so - I wanted people to see this one so much!!!

Boooooooooooooo Youtube. I thought WMG was starting to let up. I guess not.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, apparently there are still some things that WMG haven't quite resolved. >_> But what's done is done, so I guess I'm gonna have to let it slip. The world probably didn't want to hear what it's like for us anyway. *shrug*

But yeah, we know what happened the last time I got a week off work; the epic 5-day FGFC for GH Metallica. But I'll be more varied this time, I swear.

And today's update shows just that. Looks like I'm breaking out the drumsticks during a plunderstorm. You figure out how. ;)

---

Update: June 8th 2010

Video Features:

GH5: Only Happy When It Rains
WT Import: Our Truth (YT | DM)
BH Import: Paralyzer
Metallica: Nothing Else Matters

I told you I'd be very frequent with these updates throughout this week. >_>
"Only Happy When It Rains" has its significance for later on in the update. You'll see how.
"Our Truth" is a submission for the birthday of sentimentalgeek! I picked the track because she auditioned to Team Cena with it, and here's to another 12 months of challenges from her.
"Paralyzer" was covered in last Friday's stream (refer to the previous update for where it was put in), so I thought I'd return it here.
And let's flesh out with some more Metallica. It's a re-FC on "Nothing Else Matters", though I'm still unable to figure out that 116.5k path. Ohwell, it'll do.

Firstly, managed to tackle some fresh vox FCs over the course of yesterday, so I'll bring 'em all up here now:

"Jimi" (Reggae) - Sightread FC. End of statement. ._.
"Mama Maè" (European 1) - This should not be an intensity 2. There were a few parts that caught me out, which made it tougher to learn than what I was expecting. But above all, Italian is amongst the worst of my foreign tongues, so I guess that can be a factor too.
"Gor-Gor" (All Hallows Eve) - Now I see why Enginn wanted me to try it......
"The Unforgiven III" (Death Magnetic) - The incidents of yesterday morning had me in a right emotional state when tackling this song. I guess the lyrics can hit you hard when you feel as if you're blocked from being heard... and to cap it off, it was a two-try song - the first choke was during the "forgive me / forgive me not" breakdown
"Freeze Frame" (Classic Rock 2) - You try holding that last note without laughing - the lighting there is just epic. >_>
"The Touch" (single) - Transformers ftw! That too was done in my first take, so I guess I've got a natural ability for handling 80s stuff, I guess.
"The End of the Line" (Death Magnetic) - Whether this is tougher than "That Was Just Your Life" is debatable - this is just a bullshit chart and another fine example of a GHWT-era chart conversion gone wrong. So you can say I was relieved when I got it done.
"The Silence is Deafening" (Activision Music) - Having FC'd it in co-op a few times, I thought I'd go for a serious run. The hardest thing is trying to remember those exact notes, especially in the two choruses ("now I sit in the silence" etc), but otherwise it's not too bad.
"Requiem for a Dying Song" (Flogging Molly) - Done on my first try! Was tricky to learn though, it was all a case of watching out for the little variations floating about.
"(No More) Paddy's Lament" (Flogging Molly) - With it becoming almost a regular feature on my weekly stream now, I thought I'd go for the actual FC at last. The minor variations are set to catch you out if you're not too careful, and it did take me a while to finally get to the last chorus, but otherwise it probably isn't as bad as "The Seven Deadly Sins" in terms of margin for error.

And I managed to get something else other than vocals too. Behold, OMB FC #3!

Lol at 3 zeroes on drum score >_>
My kick co-ordination was kinda weird though, and made it tricky to keep focus on the end, so I'm glad I got that one out of the way. Guitar and bass were definitely no hassle tho.

And to further cap it off, OMBFC #4:

I already got the vocal part months before, the bass part sometime last week and the guitar part sightread during one of my streams, so I'm glad I got the final piece here. My double-strokes were never all that great but I'm glad they sufficed for getting it all down after deciding it was a possibility on the sightread run.

I guess it adds my first banner for quite a long time too:

And so, I leave it here for another update. I may be more focused on the next 24 hours with some Ouimette GHTunes conversions, but we'll see

Last edited by Wooffus on Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like someone is on fire. Of course, give you an one week off, and you open the floodgate!

Amazing job on the 2 OGBFCs! I'm sure you'll keep 'em coming. And nice vid there. I see that you weren't exagerating when you spoke of the GHWT-to-GH5 conversion of the vocal charts.

Also, regarding the WMG bullshit, there are a few songs labeled by them that seem to be getting past, but there are some that are getting what I call "overprotection". The "Death Magnetic" album seems to have this kind of songs.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I should've realised this earlier - there's certain songs that people won't like. But I've managed to cool off now, and what's done is done.
Glad you were there to see the vid too, and I'm really happy that Lammy also liked it too - I can safely say that it was mission accomplished

Couldn't say the same about the next batch of vox FCs though no matter how 'fresh' they are >_>

---

Update: June 9th 2010

Video Features:

GH5: Gratitude
BH: Believe | Take What You Take
Van Halen: You Really Got Me (YT | DM)

Four new video features for today too. I'm doing well to flesh out those playlists O.o
"Gratitude" is obviously amongst the most lulzy of the GH5 setlist, so no comment there.
"Believe" and "Take What You Take" were both tracks that I knew that Kire has fun doing in co-op sessions with me (especially the latter, <3 Lily Allen), so I'd make them the featurettes for the day here.
And to seal it off, someone on Youtube asked me to see if I should host a run on "You Really Got Me", so consider the wishes fulfilled. Fun song too

I didn't do much today though, but I did give it my best shot. I could only get another 7 DLC FCs done, including something that I just obtained yesterday too:

So let me cover all these one by one.

"Human" (Killers) - werelord initially suggested that I do a video run on this if I couldn't do "Ticks", but since getting the latter it had been sitting on my drive for some time. Like the other Killers representations here it's pretty fun to sing, had to learn the breakdown for a brief moment tho O.o
"All Nightmare Long" (Death Magnetic) - With the Metallica chart fresh in my mind, my re-run through GH5 turned out to be done on my first try. Booyah!
"Hot Blooded" (Classic Rock 2) - Another Foreigner song disposed of quickly, and I don't think my consistency will remain since either, even though I consider it the easiest of their songs in the series so far. I can see a pattern emerging...!
"It's Nice to Know That You Work Alone" (Silversun Pickups) - After having a blast with the rest of the pack I thought I'd seal it with this one. I had a load of chokes amongst phrases 1-4 though, but I bet it's because I've had to try and get my low voice warmed up. Yeah, figures.
"Dis-Moi" (European 1) - Short but sweet, with one or two trick sections to look out for - the third verse in particular has what I want to call 'Mick Jagger Syndrome' with some of the semitone shifting done there. Don't ask me how.
"Hillibilly Deluxe" (Country) - Surprisingly easy to break down and learn for a country song, and I thought "Ticks" would scar me for life. ._. All you really gotta watch out there were are of the short phrases in the chorus and the warbles at the end of the last one. But otherwise it's fine.
"New" (Celebrity New Years) - That took way too long to get, but I bet it was because my mic was becoming a little awkward at that point, struggling to pick up C notes or anything (as it tends to do). Even at that there are even some minor variations that would leave you tripping up and forgetting where to go, so I can probably say that amongst the No Doubt representations for the series, I'd definitely call this the hardest.

Other than that, I also started attempting transcriptions of Steve Ouimette's anthem track pack into GHTunes format. All I've done so far though is work for the German anthem - got the drums transcribed (though the big rock ending had to be slightly modified due to drum sustains being unable to be added) and got about a minute or so of the bass down. The main goal I have now is to have at least one anthem track completed by this weekend, and I think I'm gonna do well in hitting that target.

That sums me up here; I'll keep rocking out as much as I can

Last edited by Wooffus on Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 28 of 49

Jump to: