ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero Metallica Exportable Soon?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
memesis  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mimming wrote:
I understand, I have all the imports and Im grateful for them, but know that its just how I feel about the process even though I may be 'wrong' about my opinion.
I must admit, it does feel weird being scolded by a developer (well you no longer are) for wanting to pay more money to them because I enjoy their work :S

It wasn't really scolding as much as it was clarifying something that you seemed to have a misinformed view of, so i apologize if it came off that way. Also to clarify, I am still a developer, I'm just between opportunities currently .
TheGreatDave  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mimming wrote:
I personally hate imports, I'd be absolutely happy if they just let you download any previous guitar hero track for the usual single price and give the profit to the artist

Why does it piss me off? I cant really explain, It's like im angry that the artists awesome songs that I want to pay for because I like it, are basically being ripped off from them
Yeah yeah im a moral fag w/e, Im just happy to pay for music that I deem 'worthy'

I'd perhaps give you all another example of why I think this way, but im assuming that none of you actually care ;)

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: A Great Dave
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Barfo said, why go though the trouble of making a flash if it isn't true.

This would mean that I might get a FSFC on Vocals (After grinding GH:VH to the bone )

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mimming wrote:
I must admit, it does feel weird being scolded by a developer (well you no longer are)

CONGRATULATIONS!

You have just made the most asshole remark in the history of ScoreHero!

kindly get the fuck out.
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
MercyfulFate  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will shit my pants if it's true, but I can't get my hopes up.

I'm really hoping for more from SH and GH5 too. My constant bleating for more DLC and imports seems to be coming true.

http://dlcquickplay.com/user/battlestarfire
Exxucus  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one that felt a surge of hope since Memesis didn't say that that was a mistake? Or is it the sinking dread of the continued year long silence of additional import announcements?

How Awesome GHWoR Is wrote:
Yeah they were. It's amazing how I had an almost naked lady rubbing her boobs on my head (I'm the drummer in the video) and I was like "Hey GTFO I'm trying to play".
memesis  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exxucus wrote:
Am I the only one that felt a surge of hope since Memesis didn't say that that was a mistake? Or is it the sinking dread of the continued year long silence of additional import announcements?

I really had no say over what's done on the export/import front as that is mostly dealt with on the Activision side (licensing and all that). Plus, despite any knowledge I may have on the matter, I've been out of the loop for a few months now, so I really have no idea what is or isn't happening with the import situation. /shrugs
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

memesis wrote:
I really had no say over what's done on the export/import front as that is mostly dealt with on the Activision side. Plus, despite any knowledge I may have on the matter, I've been out of the loop for a few months now, so I really have no idea what is or isn't happening with the import situation. /shrugs

Man, he holds his cover like a titanium trap! You could hang him by his toenails and not get a drop of information about the secret GH game coming out next year, being developed by an underground group of Neversoft developers...OH NO! I've said too much!
MercyfulFate  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think we will be getting GH:M. Why? There's no way they made a video and all that for it and it was a mistake.

I think they just didn't want it to be known yet, the big thread on the GH forums has been deleted from what I can see, so I think it's real.

Best news ever if true. If we get Priest/Pantera/Danzig/A7X and so on from SH as well I'll cry tears of joy.

The full Soundgarden album, 6 pack Linkin Park. They seem to be answering our calls, which is awesome. I just hope they keep it up and don't go back to just 3 a week with nothing else.

http://dlcquickplay.com/user/battlestarfire
DVDSmith  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MercyfulFate wrote:
I think they just didn't want it to be known yet, the big thread on the GH forums has been deleted from what I can see, so I think it's real.

You mean this thread? http://hub.guitarhero.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=463&t=13423&start=140

It's still there. I'm guessing if they deleted that thread, three more would appear in its place. Plus deleting it would only fuel the rumour fires that it's real but was accidentally unveiled too soon.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonMan wrote:
Mimming wrote:
I must admit, it does feel weird being scolded by a developer (well you no longer are)

CONGRATULATIONS!

You have just made the most asshole remark in the history of ScoreHero!

kindly get the fuck out.

I know right? Im am so such an asshole that I can actually read Memesis' signature and then post a reply in context
SpoonMan  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no. you're making fun of someone losing their job. it's not cool. don't try to pretend you were doing something else.
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
memesis  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or we can just move on and drop it. I appreciate the concern, but it's not necessary. It's not really relevant anyways and there's no need to make a big deal over it. So, moving on...
SpoonMan  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fair enough. issue dropped.

back on a normal conversation:

I think Barfo is exactly right, as always. that dude is too fucking smart to hang around idiots like us. We've got a decent shot that it wasn't a mistake in creating the animation but it was a mistake making it go live before the actual press release.

My thoughts on possibilities:
A) We'll find out for sure with either the September or October DLC announcements. If nothing more comes through regarding imports by the October announcement, consider them dead forever. I only even mention the October announcement because GHRAWR comes out so close to the end of September that they may want to hold out launching more imports until the game already has some user base.

B) It wasn't really a mistake and they're being assholes about semantics. All Nightmare Long is playable in GH5/BH/GHRAWR through the download of the Death Magnetic album. That is a song in GH:M. "OMG! song(s) from GH:M are playable in GH5/BH/GHRAWR!!"
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
Mimming  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonMan wrote:
no. you're making fun of someone losing their job. it's not cool. don't try to pretend you were doing something else.

Honestly, how fucken dare you accuse me of something like that. Your disgusting attitude is exactly why I've only posted 30 times a year in the time that I've been here. Every fucken decent conversation or debate that I've ever read in this forum always gets flooded with idiots who think they're smarter/better/quicker than everyone else and will never take someone elses opinion as that, an opinion.
This is the worst forum for a gaming community I've experienced, the only thing really keeping me lurking here is because I find it interesting that the developers of a game also post here as human beings, and not stay out of the public eye like they are gods, which I find very cool

The way I worded it is the way I would say it, I speak my mind in real life, and I also very rarely disrespect anyone in real life. If you read around these forums you'll see 1 or 2 posts by Memesis of him pointing out to others to look at his signature when referring to him as a neversoft employee, So as I wrote my reply I remembered that and instead of making him say it again, I wrote it

You got a problem with that? Go see a fucken therapist
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 5 of 15

Jump to: