Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Tidus' WoR XVox: Epic songs for epic friends! [GH Vox FSFC]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86 ... 90, 91, 92  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tidey, if I saw that you put up the DWM vid in your acc. thread (which I clearly failed to notice altogether X___X), I would've responded. I feel so piggin' sorry =(

But what can I say, acc. threads in general have become very quiet over the summer. Surely it won't be long until GH6 kicks in, and we may see a little boost again. Chin up; all of us have been hit pretty bad because of it.

Regardless, I've still been keeping a good eye on you on Youtube in spite of the elder stuff. And I'm also happy that there was a resolution for the physical pain that you've endured lately. I'm not sure if my experiences with an 8-month toothache matches at quite the same level, but all I can say here is that you just take it easy for as much as you can; obey the doctor's orders; and then you'll be back on your feet in no time at all.

We'll still be thinking about you a heck of a lot

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
tidus  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus - Lonely reply is lonely, but thanks! I heard about one of my longtime SH friends having problems with her wisdom tooth, it's said to be really painful. I'm still to have this pain (21 YO guy here :P), but I guess I'll have to be ready.

Another week unable to record videos, glad I have one last video on my old stock!

"Beautiful Disaster" XVox FC [Uncensored]

Special or not, easy or hard, I'm still keeping the project even on such a hard situation. Also, I'm getting some What I Got consistency, and I didn't expect to have it on such a song. Still, I have to get into mumblefest, but I don't care. The time taken to FC it is getting shorter at every FC I get (now I can take 20 minutes at the 3rd FC). Maybe I can mess up with it more and more to recover those skills!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful Disaster? Some think that song isn't too hard, but it gave me fits when I tried to FC it. I felt like the game wanted different from what I was hearing. That is one I did not like doing.

And What I Got...I still have problems with the second verse where it jumps. It seems as if I'm needing proper timing. (yeah, I know, I have those S songs, but everyone's difficulties are different)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, Beautiful Disaster is alright once you get used to it Enjoyed the performance through there when I saw it.

And yep, it's also another thing to be tested at consistency. I bet mine would be kinda weak in comparison, but what can we way - "What I Got" is kinda fun to pull off

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to you two!

Chaosfreak - See Wooffus. It all probably comes from unfamiliarity with the song (part of GD:RB all over again? ). Everything I did on my Beautiful Disaster FCs is pretty coherent with what I heard, so I could even add some freedom to make thingsless bland on the video...What I Got, eh? I think you're talking about "Why I don't cry when my dog runs away?". If it's that part, do it up the octave, should work better. It's definitely a tough song, but not akin to the dreaded S songs. And just out of curiosity, who's this gal on your avatar? xD

Wooffus - I'd still have to work quite a lot to really make that song my bitch - got my 3rd FC of it within 30 minutes, little grinding for me, maybe too much for you. We'll see.

Weekly video is up already. Fun to pull off.

"Toy Boy" XVox FC

Also, I've met the video quota for my project, by recording enough videos to keep it until September 21st, last Tuesday before the release of GH:WoR. So, unless I REALLY need to re-record (for file issues, not for some performance messup, mind you), I'm free!

Just a tip: the last video isn't a batshit crazy song. Learn to live with that. Consistency with something tougher is ZERO. Instead, I picked an awesome song that has a lot to do with memories. Maybe I'll add something else to that video. We'll see.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)

Last edited by tidus on Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:
What I Got, eh? I think you're talking about "Why I don't cry when my dog runs away?". If it's that part, do it up the octave, should work better. It's definitely a tough song, but not akin to the dreaded S songs.

Not that one-i'm talking about the part after the guitar emulated scatting (the second verse, I think it was). I just can never get the timing down. Ah, but that's beside the point.

tidus wrote:
And just out of curiosity, who's this gal on your avatar? xD

Victoria Justice. Y'know, one of those tween celebrities out there today, like Miley and the like? I wouldn't expect you to know who she is, since you said you barely watch TV, but just because you asked. Yes, she's insanely pretty. No, i'm not jealous of anyone. ...I should shut up.

But on topic...good video. Songs with unconventional styles tend to give me issues here and there, and this one was no exception. The verses I find more troublesome than the dododedes, but it's still an amusing one to do.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaosfreak - Thanks As for this part, all I can give to you as tip is the same as for the whole rapping in general: polite timing. Toy Boy sure has an odd style, but odd style songs usually click on me faster than melodical monsters. Thanks to let me know about your avatar too

The weekly video came earlier on YT, due to another birthday from a YT buddy. But I'm late on the update about it, due to my lazy ass.

"The Adventure" XVox FC (assuming there's not a "customs of elitism" here too)

Also, I've been practicing in order to get back on shape for WoR, as well as listening to the songs on the setlist. Did a few reduxes on Band Hero, and some "new" FCs. Besides A Million Ways, I got 2 more FCs I didn't get on 360, If You Could Only See and Pictures of You. Dunno, I could set a goal to hit 50 Band Hero FCs on 360, but even if there's 3 songs, the closest FC is L.E.S. Artistes, and that's one heck of a chokefest. Plus, I'd take a lot of time to learn the other 2 songs.

tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, update right on the "Brazilian July 4th". The weekly video was recorded on an earlier phase of the surgery recover, so due to the cares I had to get, I couldn't set myself up regularly like I usually did for other videos. Still, an awesome FC to get, with or without slurring that pitched rapping. Hilarious score is hilarious (you'll see there).

"What I Got" XVox FC

A few weeks later, on a more recent past, I was training on BH to recover my pace. In the meantime, I was going for a few FCs I only got under the PS2 engine. Besides A Million Ways, which I got on video, and Pictures of You, which I forgot to take a picture for (but I can redo if some miscreant tries to complicate my life), I got these ones too.

All of them took me a while at least, Paralyzer netted me a last phrase choke, I had to learn If You Could Only See from scratch because I hadn't it in my mind, The Impression That I Get finally clicked, and L.E.S. Artistes, as much as catchy it can be of a song, was the trickiest (and an octave nightmare nonetheless), but netted me the FC #50 on the 360 version of BH.

chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:

Can't say I blame the people of this forum.

L.E.S. Artistes, the main difficulty I had with that was breathing on the pre-chorus parts, and the quiet stuff in the bridge. Also, seems a lot of people don't really like it musically =( And the other FCs you have look tricky as well...I should play again, it's been a while.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:
(but I can redo if some miscreant tries to complicate my life)

ROFLMAO XD!!! No need to redo don't worry x)

Also, woot for vid + refcs on 360 ! How's that recovering going ? fine i hope !
tidus  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks you two!

Chaosfreak - L.E.S. Artistes was more of an octave problem for me, because I already had planned whenever I need to gasp for air. I had to switch to falsetto up the octave, and I don't have a great control with this kind of register.

Arvain - The recovering is going well. Two stitches to go, I also have an appointment at next Monday. Let's see.

Quick update, because I got something neat. First of all, I made a more original band name, letting "The Gullwings" for the lineup that really includes YRP. If WoR still has band name (maybe there could be on Quickplay), this will be the future name for that too. Some minor reduxes on Hands Down, Fascination (idunnolol), and the first new FC under the new band name!

This took much longer than it should. After a -1 outside the ending, I knew this song was clicking, so I put that ending on practice. But a choke on the second-to-last phrase came, and everything went downhill as I was mising the last phrase of 1st verse for no reason. I almost repeated that choke when I did it, around 100 minutes after I started everything.

Definitely, I'm getting back!

Wooffus  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, that's hard enough as it is; never thought you would get it in BH! :O
I know I said the same in the mIRC chat last night, but who really cares

Actually, your inspiration for new band names are making me think I should probably do the same too. I don't know if GH:WoR will keep them, but who knows. I aught to do that for my last stream before its release

werelord  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never sang Santa Monica but it sounds like it'd be hard so awesome job! Cool band name btw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to you two!

It's still been tough to get a good mood to update this thread. But still, let's do this stuff, because I want to finish the project with a bang and don't want to let anything undone.

Firstly, the weekly video. Fun song, quite some short phrases, but nothing that I can't manage.

"Pictures of You" XVox FC

This was a tricky FC. Not a FOB fan, but this song can get fun to be done, if you get the hang of it that is.

I got the said last part of the project, will render it tonight. I've been pouring as muchas possible of creativity to keep this video away from being a bland one. I can't satisfy everyone, but I won't let this discourage me. I've came too far to even FATHOM that.

However, an accident broke the cooler's font's plug really fragile pin. Until we get a new one, no 360. Thankfully, I don't need it anymore for the final video project, I'm done with that. But if Warriors of Rock is acquired but not the font...

Wooffus  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, does this mean that without the font (whatever that is; is it something for your computer or TV? Google's not telling me anything ) there won't be any FCs on release? Does it look like we're ALL getting new stuff in the run-up to the game or something?

Anyway, SWGD isn't an easy song by any means, but it still has one incredible chart. I'm glad you managed to get it in there, so great going with the re-FCs there.

Can't wait for tomorrow for your coup de grace

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86 ... 90, 91, 92  Next
Page 85 of 92

Jump to: