ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH: WoR Sells Less Than 100,000 Copies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAnimeCow  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeXBird wrote:
lol @ the people saying it's gonna do better than RB3

Get back to your side of the fence before i have to whip out the cattle prod!

The fact that WoR sold poorly makes me very sad indeed, but it still doesn't diminish how utterly awesome the game was/is still.

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: moomandw
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, the first thing I thought when I saw the article was:

"So THAT'S where all the people that can't play for shit have gone"

Don't see it as a large sales drop-off - as long as we appreciate the game no matter what kind of hate it gets, then that's fine. Besides, everyone knows all the games that sell uberly well are often bought by the players that tend to make either the fancircles or the online gameplay aspect a complete joke >_>

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it is a little disheartening, but hopefully WOR, as well as the rest of GH pre-VV if the series does tank, will be vindicated by video game history as great games, despite what happened to it.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
tidus  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really a surprise, but still a bummer nonetheless.

But what matters is always having fun with the game, and if some asshole uses these numbers as excuse to put you down for playing WoR, he couldn't be more wrong. Mr. Green

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Farlus  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt we'll see another GH game after this, considering how much of a dick Bobby Kotick is and how quickly he is to drop the axe when sales aren't there. Hardcore businessman that could give two shits about gamers or the people who make the games.
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm like Micheal Pachter up in this bitch with my game sales predictions. I told you all this was gonna be awesome, but get crap reviews and bomb, and some of you actually doubted me.
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for "Guitar Hero am doomed" you guys are ignoring the Activision flow chart.

New IP>sequel>sequel>sequel>sequel>switch devs>sequel>sequel>sequel>sequel>sequel>sequel>sequel>sequel>sequel>sequel>reboot attempt>reboot attempt>New IP

There will be another Guitar Hero, but they're probably gonna take it in a new direction. I have no idea where, but it'll probably be a Tony Hawk Ride deal where they doing something way different. Even Harmonix is taking drastic measures with a new instrument and all the pro modes.

And really it's like anything, there are diminishing returns.
fUNC  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farlus wrote:
I doubt we'll see another GH game after this, considering how much of a dick Bobby Kotick is and how quickly he is to drop the axe when sales aren't there. Hardcore businessman that could give two shits about gamers or the people who make the games.

Tony Hawk's still going despite Project 8 and Ride tanking. They'll find some way to keep it going.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
Mike65707  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forgot Proving Ground. Which I still play from time to time. <_<

I wouldn't mind a new Tony Hawk lol.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: ChAoSnOvA65707 PSN Name: Mike
GHOSTRIDERJP  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the people who say you don't care, that is kinda sad. If it sold well it would lead to more of this type of GH, even though I do think this one was handled poorly also.

The GH series was just handled terribly. Blame whoever you want, it's irrelevant now. Quest mode was fun for a bit, but they should not have centered most the game on it.

While this game may have had the best setlist this side of painsville, that's all it really should have been at this point. Nobody wants to spend $60 on another GH game when the market is saturated, a better decision would have been to scrap everything except quickplay and party play.

I and pretty much everybody I know does not want any progression, any story, any pointless bullshit in a music game. I want to rock to music. Should have been a setlist, character creator and that's it with a $30-40 price. Or go DLC, always a good option.

I really don't see GH going anywhere unless they do the above.
Mike65707  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a big difference between not caring, and accepting that the genre is declining.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: ChAoSnOvA65707 PSN Name: Mike
Mogwai  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GHOSTRIDERJP wrote:
To the people who say you don't care, that is kinda sad. If it sold well it would lead to more of this type of GH

I don't know about anybody else, but I wouldn't want more games like this. I mean, I don't want new approaches and I don't want new releases that much either. I really would have been so much more hyped if I heard that these songs were coming out simple as DLC pack(s). It's cheaper, that's for sure.. And you don't wind up paying more for stuff you don't really want.

That's me anyway, I suppose I understand some people like new games.. But eh.. Perhaps I've read your post wrong. It seems like you sort of hit at the same stuff as me in the later part of your post. Do you really mean to say "It's bad that people don't mind this game not working out because it's a good game and we could have more like it... But I hate the way they keep adding stuff and wish we could just get songs, hold off the other shit"?

edit-
And for the rest of the post.

I actually like the traditional career setup. Just the usual "do these songs, unlock more".. But I also really like the Rock Band tour setup, but I often find myself replaying songs too often (and I have a decent library in RB).

This new approach just bugs me. In fact, it's why I have such little fascination in this title, which isn't right because it's really only worth SO MUCH in a music game. The charts are what matters. This is sort of off topic though, so I'll stop

Mike65707 wrote:
There is a big difference between not caring, and accepting that the genre is declining.

There's a difference, but what does it matter here? These two things don't entirely seem connected.. Which, sounds stupid, I know. But I think GH simply caused more awareness towards music games. They existed long before GH and they'll continue long afterward I would think. Hell, it might even cause other game makers to step up their work (I personally like music games, but feel like many are simply poorly made).

I don't know if the music genre is declining. I mean, obviously it is because sales are lower than years before.. But so? With the amount of GH games out now, there's no real need to buy another one anytime soon, and I think a lot of people still play older titles (aside from SH users)

What I'm trying to say, though I'm doing a horrible fucking job.. The music games will always be here. I know nobody is saying GH IS the music game genre, but still..

Who knows.. Maybe this will lead somebody to thinking "so, maybe I can come up with a new game to replace GH in terms of popularity". It might be unlikely, especially with RB on the scene.. But hey, stranger things have happened. All I know is that I'm not at all worried. I already said I LOVE GH and the like... But it wont hurt me to hear the series is done (though it's not)

Brings me to my next topic.. I wish I could make a rhythm game. No technical skills required to do it though

edit-
I reread that and I'm aware it sounds stupid >.>'. I guess what it breaks down to is that I'm trying to say I'm confident there will be more great releases in the music game genre that aren't GH related.
Check out some of my guides:
Guide To Rasing SH Score Rank - http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73482&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
I try to make electronic music: Http://www.myspace.com/soundteq
Almost 60 GH5 XFCs
Wattershed  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get it. They sell under 100'000 copies in 3 days and people get worried? I'd wait for the numbers for October before I panic.
Also, it sucks that they'll probably mute the "FIST FUCK" part of Wish by Nine Inch Nails, the most iconic part of the song. :/
We didn't edit it out. In fact, not only did we boost the volume of that vocal phrase, but we replaced the vocals of every song in the game with the phrase "FIST FUCK" repeating over and over.
You can still...
FIST FUCK Ahh-merrr-I-Caaahh
TheGreatDave  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wattershed wrote:
I don't get it. They sell under 100'000 copies in 3 days and people get worried? I'd wait for the numbers for October before I panic.

Video games sales are typically frontloaded. It's unlikely more than 100k would be sold in October. It's possible the game could have legs to the point that it sells a fairly small number consistently for several months, but this game isn't even coming close to GH5's sales from the looks of it, especially when you see how WoR has done in the UK charts compared to GH5.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: A Great Dave
Cyberwaste  

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although it isn't surprising (GH isn't as popular as it used to be, that's undeniable), it still bums me out. But as long as the people who bought it enjoyed it, it's all good.

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: