Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Wooffus (vox) - FebMP vids+analysis; seeya on the blue side
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48, 49  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
expertwin  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I missed your stream. Can you start PMing your friends when your stream will start? Also I WAS referring to TotTG. Good luck on the Mega Pack Tuesday.
EDIT: The second banner I made was made with GIMP.

EDIT 2: Okay, maybe PMing when your stream will start is taking it too far.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
werelord  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work on TAP and the others. How could you hit the outro strumming if you were seeing double though? That's epic. GogoFGFC the rest shouldnt be that bad and come to think of it this will net you a tripleFGFC which is like O.o

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Maybe she trained the Outro well enough to get herself to go "auto-pilot"?

Well, awesome job on the BH Gtr FC's! Some great steps to the FGFC there, you seem really close to the G/B/V FGFC now!

As for the stream drama, don't scratch your head too much over Stormi. It should be easy to understand that the person that's being dealt with is the best Wii vocalist - and one of the best GH vocalists in the world - and that what you did is the least you could do on such a heavily lenient game like the Wii version of WoR. I'm pretty sure he will soon, if he still didn't.

Keep it up!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
expertwin  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you might be on to something. You could probably go for a BH OMBFGFC if you tried.

voidedalive2x wrote:
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reply time, real quick:

expertwin: idk about PMing, it takes me long enough to get everything set together. But you do know the usual time tho, so remember to be there unless notified of any changes.
As for an OMBFGFC, not happening; I can't even get 4 stars on Rio XDrums took me long enough to pass the bugger, lol.

Werelord: Hallucinating notes didn't necessarily mean seeing double, but still, tidus said it right; I studied the chart on the RubyDanger site and noticed that they were 8th triplets. So I kept the pattern in mind and, like tidus said, went into "auto-pilot" for then.

tidus: Don't worry, he apologised in the end. Let's just say that he pretty much had a "bad feather day" from start to finish, and I'm sure we can associate with that. I'll keep going tho

And with a little play today, it gave me a little more progress. It gave me something to believe in, though the sunshine seemed hotter to walk on than I thought. >< First post for the latest progress!

---

Update: January 10th 2011

Video Features:

WoR: Slow Hands
DLC: Kings and Queens (YT | DM)
WT Import: Everlong | Obstacle 1

Well, Monday again. And with that comes more vids. No idea why I decided to make it Interpol-eccentric tho, but they seemed to compliment well with the choices of selections here.
Amongst expertwin's ever-growing pile of requests, I ended up going for "Kings and Queens" as my YT spotlight - not the trickiest of the 30 Seconds to Mars tracks, but it's still remarkably fun.

Let me say thanks for coming over to my stream on Friday. In case anyone missed anything, I'll put the logs here:

1. I start the stream with a luck of the randomizer again. Turns out it gave me "What's the Frequency, Kenneth?" (90s Rock) as the opening number. (hehe stormi loved it)
  2. In light of the coming 10-pack next week, there was some demand for a run on "Wish", much against Uuno's chagrin.
  3. Requests then started flying from many corners. Stormi asked for "We're All Gonna Die" (GH:WoR TP 1) and Kire (or Uuno? I forgot) then asked for "Elected". Both in the same playlist.
  4. Kire then came online to play, and so did Uuno. We did a bunch of songs together, with Kire drumming and Uuno guitaring:
    - "Theme from Spiderman"
    - "L'via L'Viaquez"
    - "Down With Disease" (Phish; ended prematurely due to Uuno suddenly having to leave )
  5. Streamhound GHAlex then asked to join in as the new guitarist, even if we were stuck with the on-disc selection:
    - "I'm Broken"
    - "Indians" (note that I threw in a Zelda CD-i reference in the middle of the song)
    - "Savior"
    - "Aqualung"
    - and I guess we tried "Bat Country" but we didn't get a warning from Kire leaving for dinner :s
  6. With the online play disbanded, I then tried to keep it going with a random selection again, which resulted with "1979" (Smashing Pumpkins). Low notes are low... though for some reason it reminded StormEagle of the Autoglass radio ads. *shrug*
  7. Inspired by tidus's recent Performance Mode FC of "Again", I then decided to try it for myself. Song in question - "Nothing to Say" (GH:WoR TP 1). And somehow, I got it?!
  8. parzrevenge then asked for anything from the Rolling Stones. A couple of songs were strongly requested, and after a coin toss, I made a move on "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" (Rolling Stones Live).
  9. Discussing the brutality of certain rap songs, it soon spurred requests to try and FC "Low" (Travis Barker) in this engine. Painful to perform tho, let me tell you now.
  10. Kire was able to play again, although this time he was on guitar. We ended up playing through the following:
    - "Rock Star" (BH Import; co-op FC! Witnesses... but no picture, damn Kire levelling up)
    - "Afterlife" (Avenged Sevenfold; almost decided to recite pi to the nearest 100 decimals during that scream lol)
    -an attempt on "Almost Easy" (Avenged Sevenfold) that resulted in a premature disconnection
    -an attempt on "Bat Country" that faced the same fate -.-
    -"Freya" (SH Import; Kire hosted this time... and damnit, a -1 co-op run lost on his guitar work)
    -"Caught in a Mosh" (SH Import; these two compliment each other too well >_>)
    -"Who I Am" (New Blues Masters, and throught I paid *way* too much attention to the chat to see what I was doing =()
    -"Suffocated" (another one that ended prematurely, damn connection)
    -"This Love" (co-op FC!!)
    -"Rag Doll" (ended prematurely, and I guess at that point kire gave up)
  11. Keeping it going, I use the randomiser again and it gave me "Cosmic Egg" (Wolfmother). -2 run, and it's the track on the setlist that I knew the least, so yeah. ._.
  12. I felt addicted for Performance Mode again, and so I tried it with "Sudden Death". FC'd, though not without an unnamed someone having a bad hair day... =(
  13. In need to liven up spirits, I then tell of the BBC New Year's celebrations, specifically mentioning the Jools Holland concert that was televised. One of the guest artists performing was Vampire Weekend, and we can say we literally went into 2011 to the sound of "Cousins". So a run on that was done next.
  14. Kire then asked for "Epic" (Rock). Kinda cheesy on vocals tho, but that's the point xP
  15. 2 more randomiser selctions then came this way, for "Do What You Want" (OK Go, -1 near the ending too ._.) and "The Boys are Back in Town" (-1 in chorus 2... I think I need an eye test).
  16. With people steadily making departures, I seal on one last performance mode run (and apparent FC too), on "No Leaf Clover" (Metallica Import). Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of the tunnel... is just a freight train coming my way, or so I hear.

Again, thanks for putting up with me xP Would say it would take a while to get back used to this, but we'll see what happens.

Moving ahead, I tried again for more BH XGtr FCs. Wouldn't say many are of the annoying variety, though one of these did end up coming close:

"Believe" - Solo was a tad annoying. But once past there, the rest was a breeze if you can manage that chordy cluster.
"Hands Down" - Choruses seemed a little weird to begin with, but once past the second one, it's all for the taking.
"Lips of an Angel" - I remember almost SRFC'ing it had it not been for the offbeats at the end of the solo. Quite fun to pull off tho.
"Walking on Sunshine" - Chordy clusterflunk, that's what this one is. I remember getting most of my chokes in Verse 2 of all places, and I ended up getting the FC just when I was on the urge of giving up for the time being too.

So, nothing too bad so far. I did find something that I couldn't quite manage today with "Gasoline" (annoying verses are annoying), but I can at least manage the pre-verse 2 solo remarkably well. Hopefully we'll get the tedious ones down soon.

Until then, I'll see you later this week with the beginning of my plow through the new DLC pack released tomorrow! Be on your toes

[This update has been archived here for the sake of the first post.]

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!

Last edited by Wooffus on Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
werelord  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work on BH guitar! What's left that could be of annoyance anyway?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I just have to ask this: why do you keep getting colds? Is it just bad luck?

voidedalive2x wrote:
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reply time, and thanks the pair of you

Werelord: Don't be too sure yet. Of the handful that's left, there's six out there that are out there to pose a threat at me at least. But I'll still do my best no matter what it takes.

expertwin: Lol colds... they probably ARE bad luck, especially during the winter. Thank goodness it's becoming a bit milder now, so hopefully things shouldn't be too bad. If you're worried about bad luck with those, you should've heard the tales of my teeth

Either way, a new pack means new stuff, and some early coverage. I will bite the hand that feeds me, and so will you as I get set for streaming within the next 15 minutes. Meet you there ;)

---

Update: January 14th 2011

Video Features:

WoR: Renegade
DLC (January Mega-Pack - Part I): 2nd Sucks | Buried Myself Alive | The Hand That Feeds (YT | DM)

So, I guess we heard it from the press update. DLC frequency has been reduced to once a month, and with that reduction, that's when I will cut my updates and streams down too. But don't think I'll be vanishing off the face of the earth, it will give me more time between them to crank up what I can.
There will be 4 updates with this pack, and here's the first of them along with a featurette with the highest intensified track release on vocals since "Sound of Madness" back in July. I was a little disappointed with all the buildup that happened, but was still a fun one to handle.
In fact, I detected a completely different song to be the most difficult track in the pack for me, but currently I have no idea if it's harder than "Spoonman" or not... ridiculous engine ._.

Moving on, managed to get some more FCs down on the Band Hero XGuitar side. I even tried a handful of other songs but some didn't want to seem to happen in WoR for some stupid reason... especially Kids. >_> Still, this is what I ended up with:

"Dirty Little Secret" - Simple song with a simple solo. Thought it would make a good warmup.
"Don't Speak" - I remembered coming close when co-opping with one of my cousins once. Guess that was finally long deserved, long song is long.
"Oh Pretty Woman" - I remembered my interesting sightread on stream, lol extended sustains. After getting those down, it was all a case of trying to keep focused for those quick G-R hammer-ons.
"You Belong With Me" - loltaylorswift. After playing it so much with one of my cousins, it should be fair that I would probably finally get it somehow or other. Not as easy as "Love Story" tho, but it's something.

And now I'm down to 14, but goodness knows how long some of the more annoying ones will take to get down. Don't think it will be all easy from then on out; you never can tell with me. xP

And so, as I depart here, it'll be time to get ready for stream before long. I shall inform you when ready

Last edited by Wooffus on Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:50 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
Uunoftw  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun stream yesterday. Shame I couldn't stay there longer. Or join in and play
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 0756262955296727
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry uuno, you've been through a lot and that I can see. I'm still greatful for you appearing tho

And with a new pack comes frequent weekend updates, with more added progress each time. We're both one, heartthrob to heartthrob we stand, no flawed existences and no feelings anywhere but inside. Of course, on this battlefield we call love, we will of course be brought closer to god.
Check first post for more January MP vids, plus more new BH XGuitar FCs! ^^

---

Update: January 15th 2011

Video Features:

WoR: The Outsider
DLC (January Mega-Pack - Part II): Closer | Wings of a Butterfly (YT | DM)
WT: The Wind Cries Mary

...I wanna feel you from the inside. <_<
Guess I went more giddly with some of the songs in this update; one of my faves in GH:WoR (yay apc) though my throat had to kind of give way there for some reason (ouch), a bizarre interpretation of a Jimi Hendrix song (not quite up there with tidus's FOB-itis run but yeah), and 2 more tracks from the mega-pack. Course, the HIM track is shown as a huge favorite amongst my peers, and a run on *that* song was inevitable too.

And as proven on last night's stream... I guess parts of my existance were flawed. :P Let me fetch up the logs for anyone that missed anything:

1. As usual, I trust the WoR randomizer to give me something to warm up with. And it came back with "Frantic" (GH:M import), as well as early discussions in the chat about Metallica's St. Anger album.
  2. expertwin fired the first of a long line of requests, going with "Hunted Down" (Telephantasm). I thought having not sung that for so long I'd forget how it goes, but it actually wasn't too bad, haha.
  3. expertwin then ran a little quiz about me for some reason. The first question asked was what my musical bias is (lol kire said emo... ._.). And with the answer to be found at music from the 80s, cue a run on "Modern Day Cowboy".
  4. Kire asked for "We've Got a Situation Here" (January MP), and on re-fc for stream, it didn't feel so bad for some reason. Did I overestimate its difficulty somehow?
  5. Question 2 asked in expertwin's quiz was about what the last DLC song I had to FC was. Cue a run on "In the Shadows" (European TP 3).
  6. Another one of expertwin's ridiculous requests came this way, though "NJ Legion Iced Tea" (Vagrant Records) was indeed related to this week's new pack. Last phrase choke, plus an unrelated question of them asking what I always end up with in the winter, the answer being colds, and for cryin' out loud, it's only two years straight that I went into a new year with one...!
  7. Werelord then chipped in for some co-op. And so we ended up doing these together:
    - "Evil" (GH:M Import)
    - "Monkey Wrench" (SH Import; happy birthday Dave Grohl!)
    - "Pilgrim" (Wolfmother)
    - "Epic" (Rock TP)
    - "Master of Puppets" (asked by expertwin, and lol -1 on verse 3 for me xD)
    - "Nothin' But a Good Time" (SH Import)
    - "This Day We Fight!" (another expertwin request)
    - "Symphony of Destruction" (Megadeth; co-op FC!)
  8. Kire joined in as a second guitarist, but we only did one song together and that was "Calling". Then Werelord left for dinner.
  9. That left me to go solo while Kire tried to fix his DLC problem. Question 4 asked was about that epic 4-vocalist choke with only me slipping up, which ended up being "Motivation". So here I rectified everything... and yes, I still hate that bridge.
  10. Uunoftw then took leave from the chat, wanting to sleep early after a night at the hospital due to icy roads crashing a car he was riding. Grimly saying that he "isn't Cliff Burton", that opened the stage for another expertwin request - a run on the bass part for "Orion" (GH:M Import). Not my best run, but whatever... give or take the random lurker that wanted to say that my stream was lame. ._.
  11. Kire was ready to play again, so we did more songs:
    - "The Seven Deadly Sins" (Flogging Molly, was up for harder songs after what just happened)
    - "Poison" (GH:WoR TP 1; epic last pitched phrase choke on my part... while Kire FC's his own part. Aaaargh!!
    - "Turn Off the Light" (BH Import, win song)
    - "Nothing to Say" (GH:WoR TP 1)
    - "Welcome to the Black Parade" (My Chemical Romance; followed by a freeze due a fault on Kire's end... wut?)
    - "Almost Easy" (Avenged Sevenfold; attempt ended early due to a Hyperspeed reset after the above crash)
    - "Scream" (Avenged Sevenfold)
    - "Almost Easy" take 2, so much better this time
  12. With people wanting to sleep, Kire and I then swapped roles. We then did these together:
    - "Holy Wars... the Punishment Due" (lolmegadeth)
    - "Plush" (Stone Temple Pilots, and I can consider that a tech FC on this song now, lol)
    - "Still Waiting" (Sum 41; wut, parz already did the FC a few weeks back? video now!!)
    - "Welcome to the Black Parade" (and I guess Kire sightread FC'd it on vocals... might've overestimated this one too, ow)
  13. Kire then left for the night, and so I went solo for the last few songs. expertwin's last request of the night ended up being "Happy Together" (BH Import), which ended up being XGuitar FC #52:

14. The randomizer was given a last turn tonight, landing on "Re-Education (Through Labor)"; might FC if it I'm more flexible but who knows.
  15. Finally in reference to a question asked about my fave song to play in the entire game, I sealed the stream with a 5* run on "Indians".

Thanks again all that made it Bear in mind from this point on, with the DLC cutting short, the streams may be a little less regular depending on the circumstances. But I won't give up on everyone, I assure you.

Anyway... BH XGuitar progress. It's brought me closer to god(dess) alright. Here's my latest few FCs from tonight:

"Just a Girl" - Fast song is fast. Annoyed me a little in WoR due to the choruses, but upon doing it here it didn't feel too bad.
"Kids" - Couldn't get in the WoR engine at all due to overstrums. So you can say I was finally glad when I got it here, after all the numerous ending chokes I soon ended up with.
"Pictures of You" - Sightread FC. Let go of a piano note in the intro too early tho.
"Put Your Records On" - Extended sustains ftl here. But lol note count tho, at least it was sweet and mellow, fits the tier quite well.
"Love is a Battlefield" - Pat Benatar has become my bitch now. The ridiculous amount of variation made it a tougher one to FC than I initially thought it would be, and it took me some time to learn chorus 3 well enough (fiddliest part of the song for me for some reason). But I'm glad I took it down!

I now have 8 songs left til FGFC! But even now it's still not easy. There are three songs out there that still concern me a good deal:

- "Gasoline" - unable to do in the BH engine at all, and so I'm going to have to rely on a lucky run on WoR in contrast to my many unlucky ones from last night. I still hate the verses.
- "In a Big Country" - This one has been responsible for a few headaches over the past month or so. If it's not a HOPO section, then it's this section that would trip up my hands just as much:

- "Rio" - my sightread when co-opping with StormEagle wasn't too bad; -1 in the sax solo, though I made a pig's ear of Verse 3. If I can learn that, then surely I can finally get there with this one too.

The other songs, I haven't even played yet, though I'm sure once I get these three town, the FGFC will be mine. It's just a matter of when now.

I shall continue with the new DLC pack later, so seeya whenever

Last edited by Wooffus on Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total
expertwin  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:
Don't worry uuno, you've been through a lot and that I can see. I'm still greatful for you appearing tho

And with a new pack comes frequent weekend updates, with more added progress each time. We're both one, heartthrob to heartthrob we stand, no flawed existences and no feelings anywhere but inside. Of course, on this battlefield we call love, we will of course be brought closer to god.
Check first post for more January MP vids, plus more new BH XGuitar FCs! ^^

You know the title and the puns were misleading. I made me think Closer was the the song you hosted on YT today.

/lolnitpicky

EDIT: I hope you get your first FGFC that isn't for Vox or Bass soon .

voidedalive2x wrote:
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't necessarily have to be something on youtube. Heck, even non-video'd accomplishments like the "Love is a Battlefield" XGuitar FC could get a pun drop from time to time; that's how I roll xP

Still, no new progress on BH XGuitar today, but I'll get a reaction a different way, simply by taking a white orchid and turning it blue, as well as turning what's seen by many as a chicken shit type band into something more suited for chicken salad. First post

---

Update: January 16th 2011

Video Features:

WoR: Modern Day Cowboy
DLC (January Mega-Pack - Part III): All I Want (YT | DM) | Rescue Me)
WT: On the Road Again (Live)

Another quick update with more pack progress. The one at YT this time, I simply had to do for the lulz even tho very few people even like A Day to Remember. Cue "Been Caught Stealing" flashback.

In regards to progress for today... sorry, no BH XGuitar coverage.
But I *did* however get a new OMBFC. Remember when I struggled for a particular part on this one, back when I was still striving for my first ever one? (And bear in mind that I still sucked at drums back then; actually I still do, but believe me I was much worse!!) And remember how many times I decided not to go for it again due to that painful polyrhythm?
Well, turns out I bit the bullet, tried again, and FINALLY got it:

lolwhitestripes. Say what you want, but the fast YB-YO-BO part in some intervals were a pain when I tried getting it the first time around. And I was glad to finally get it on guitar, after everything I learnt with the BH processes.
So yes, could've been my first OMBFC but it would have to settle for a position that's further behind.
And yes, here's the vocal run in case you missed it.

Tomorrow I shall finalize the pack and provide writeups on everything. You may even expect a surprise impression too ;)

Last edited by Wooffus on Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
expertwin  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:
Still, no new progress on BH XGuitar today, but I'll get a reaction a different way, simply by taking a white orchid and turning it blue, as well as turning what's seen by many as a chicken shit type band into something more suited for chicken salad. First post

Man you're getting OMBFCs like crazy. Soon you'll end up getting your first X+ OMBFC.

voidedalive2x wrote:
toymachine  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've Got A Situation Here would be easy if it wasn't for that first harmony- I always forget what I should be singing there lol
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lolharmonies, and I saw your choke vid too. xP I wish I could have similar feelings on difficulty, but somehow I think it ended up being the toughest of the pack for me. Still not quite harder than Spoonman tho, but yeah.

And of course, this DLC situation is out of my hands and onto the first post. A full analysis awaits, plus the last of the vids for it

---

Update: January 17th 2011

Video Features:

WT: Assassin
DLC (January Mega-Pack - Part IV): Downfall of Us All | Head Like a Hole | We've Got a Situation Here (YT | DM)

The last set of coverage for the new DLC pack, and so now I am waiting a month for the next batch to make its arrival. At least in the last set, I *had* to include three tracks that posed more of a threat than they were worth, including the longest grind with the long-talked-about Damned Things track. Kinda lethal, even tho the musicians for Fall Out Boy and Anthrax were confined to 2 lead guitarists, 1 rhythm guitarist and a drummer.

Alas, now that I've done the entire lot, it's time that I end up reporting back on the entire pack and my feelings regarding it. Here we go -

2nd Sucks - lolalltalkies. Nothing needs to be really said about this one. *shrug*

All I Want - Surprisingly tricky for a band that very few people I know even like. Seemed a little F note heavy for the most part, but some notes still seemed to move very fast as well as made it tricky to try and pull off. Quite the rewarding FC.

Buried Myself Alive - Not as tough as any of the songs in the Used TP from back in August, but it still seemed mellow enough to try and pull off. I do remember tripping up a couple of times in the second chorus tho, but there's still a fair amount of legroom to maket his manageable.

Closer - I thought I knew this one modestly well after good exposure to Spiralmouth's cover (yay acapella), but apparently I had to keep taking the two choruses into practice for some weird reason. The amount of dead air involved doesn't make it too tricky of an FC, especially since after the second chorus, the FC's practically all yours.

Downfall of Us All - Watch out for the third verse, but other than that I still think it should've had a higher intensity than a 3 with some of the swift moving notes in the chart. I guess it might be because of some of the talkie sections, but whichever.

The Hand That Feeds - Given that it was an intensity 7, I have to say I seem a little underwhelmed with this one. It's still flexible enough for my range, and the "so naive" section was modestly tricky to handle, but I believe this is a case of a song that's quite overtierred IMO, sorry. :\

Head Like A Hole - I feel this was harder than "The Hand That Feeds", primarily due to the fact that the verses are choke city if you go in completely unprepared (especially that second one). So I would say this one managed to pose quite a threat when I got around to it.

Rescue Me - Low notes are low, so let's say it was a challenge for the bowels of my voice. You probably also need to watch for the complete harmony change for chorus 3 tho, but other than that it's nothing too hard.

We've Got a Situation Here - For some reason, this was the longest FC grind in the entire set. It may feel like a hard rock song, but those are some fast moving notes here that could've been almost deadly in the GH5 engine. Not to mention that it took me a while to get the rhythms fixed in my head, as well as the ending, so I can say it was a really tough song to learn. X_X

Wings of a Butterfly - Straightforward with little variation, all you really need for this one is big lungs for some of the long notes. I admit I didn't pay attention to the harmony at the end of my FC run, but even at that it's fairly simple to learn.

All in all, there were some disappointments and some surprises, and I managed to find it a worthwhile set to knuckle down with. I believe there could also be a few keepers for later too, especially "Wings of a Butterfly", "We've Got a Situation Here" and the NIN tracks. But if this is going to come at a monthly basis, then Beenox would need to up their game with some of the charts if they want to go for something lasting. But for now, it's definitely a start.

And so I'll leave this aside til the weekend. I'm all gearing up for leagues, plus *two* birthdays this week too, so any advancements on either (plus any more instrument pwnage), I'll send this way

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 47 of 49

Jump to: