ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
trevster10's Acc's - Reminiscing (2+ year bump)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaffx95  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play TTFAF over and over again, unless you really hate this song. It will build up your strumming, fretting, and stamina (and it will help you to 5* it! )
Also, here are some FCs you should go for:
Cliffs of Dover - yeah, overtapping is the way to go, unless you can one-hand it
Don't Hold Back - i'm not kidding... The phazers are all about getting lucky enough to hit both in the same run, and the rest of the song is pretty easy.
Stricken - tap all Bs and Os in the last part of the solo, while keeping Y and R anchored (releasing Y when a R note comes, of course :P)
This:

Good luck with your goal!

The Rock Band Master FC Breakdown Project: RB1 RB2
My Youtube Account: Click Here
trevster10  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I'm still struggling pretty badly with a bunch of songs. But, I think this needs to be said up front, I can't tap to save my life. I learned how to tap the ttfaf intro, but other than that, I can't do it at all. It's not that I don't think I could learn, it's just the transitioning from playing to tapping in the middle of the song is a concept I've yet to grasp. And that's why I think I can do the ttfaf intro tapping, because I can just start out tapping.

Now, onto the songs -

Suck My Kiss - I've had a couple of really close run-ins with this song. I haven't hit that quick strumming part yet, but I've missed the very first note only once and the same thing for the last note. It's weird. I guess I just need to grind this one out.

Before I Forget - I'm so close to this FC that I can taste it. I was just about able to get to the bridge part blind-folded, then the bridge would be a disaster and I would get nowhere. Well I finally, finally figured out a way to be semi-consistent in the bridge. So, you know what comes next. I start choking all over the place, could be in the GR's or maybe the strumming RY's. Finally got over that, and can get back to the bridge, and now I'm only missing one or two notes maybe in each run. The last part of it where there are 3 quick parts are what seem to get me, but not always. This one is so close.

Rock and Roll All Nite - I've spent a lot of time in practice with this one, but I just can't seem to get it down just right. The first part of the solo is tough to me, and I can barely FC it on slow. I tried looking up guides to this song, and I don't think there were any. Maybe I'm not even doing the right fingering?

Pride and Joy - It's literally just that one weird bit in Verse 3. Everything else is pretty rock solid. I just can't hit that for the freaking life of me. I've tried 2 or 3 different methods and none of them are consistent at all though. Somebody that has this FC could tell me what fingering they used?

So yeah, Cliffs of Dover and Stricken are gonna be hard to do until I can learn to go from playing to tapping in the middle of the song. Monsters is getting better, but still a long ways out. And My Curse can still go fuck itself.

I really do/would appreciate some sort of feedback. I have apparantly reached the point where I can't just get FC's all the time anymore, I'm having to bust my ass to get them. And I would appreciate any sort of advice that you guys give me.

Edit - Oh yeah, I forgot to say. I had a pretty good run on ttfaf yesterday, never getting out of the green in the solo, and missed the 4* cutoff by less than 2k.

Goals -
45 GH3X FC's [X]
50 GH3X FC's [ ]
GH3X FG5* [66/70]
Come join my GH3 rivalry!
Need your "Leagues" fix? Come join the Summer Leagues!
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For TTFAF I can only say: Only play the first half!
Get to Synth Death and restart.
Why?
Because up to that point the song is easy enough to get 300K.
Remember that you can have 500K if you FC up to the Synth Death so trying to gain points there is easier than in the solo.

22121(23)(12)
For P&J This part?
DO NOT ANCHOR!!!!
And you might want to consider hitting the late.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhYYZ wrote:
For TTFAF I can only say: Only play the first half!
Get to Synth Death and restart.
Why?
Because up to that point the song is easy enough to get 300K.
Remember that you can have 500K if you FC up to the Synth Death so trying to gain points there is easier than in the solo.

22121(23)(12)
For P&J This part?
DO NOT ANCHOR!!!!

300k by the time I get to synth death?

On my best run ever the other day, I had 215, at synth death. I am getting better at ttfaf, though. I can basically FC the intro everytime now, and I couldn't get through it without missing not even a month ago. So, I am making improvements.

And okay, awesome! I'm gonna go try not anchoring, and see if that helps any. Thanks for the reply!

Goals -
45 GH3X FC's [X]
50 GH3X FC's [ ]
GH3X FG5* [66/70]
trevster10  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever heard of Star Power? Me either.

So, I actually only ended up with one post-bridge choke. Second time through the bridge I got it, and it was really pretty easy once I figured out a consistent method for the bridge. Oh well.

FC #46!!!

Goals -
45 GH3X FC's [X]
50 GH3X FC's [ ]
GH3X FG5* [66/70]
Jleggy12  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Trev! Nice to see a new FC from you. I reckon the floodgates will now open, we'll see 50 soon I'd go for RaRaN next, you should have that. The solo is like Baggage Car 2 in TKaR on GHA in the fact that it's random, and stuff like HTL Solo 2 on GHM. For both of those, I took it down to slowest and really studied the chart, so I new exactly where to strum and where to hopo. Work slowly up the speeds, you'll be able to FC it on Full Speed if you spend enough time For SMK, there's no special cheat method, I played it and Monsters for an hour straight before getting the FC, just keep at it That method works sometimes, If you have two songs you're close on alternate them every time you play. I got Stricken and Nothing For Me Here in that way.

Congrats again, and BiF at 46 is pretty awesome too
11:13 RheaultWnage_: it's -37°C where you live atm alex? :P
11:13 alexhaz64: -45 now/quite the cold front
11:14 Jleggy12: and that's in Kelvin :o
11:14 RheaultWnage_: damn thats pretty cold/-40 K xD/I think -45 is about the coldest I've ever felt
11:14 Jleggy12: round about -300 C :P
11:14 RheaultWnage_: maybe colder than what I've felt
11:14 alexhaz64: -38 >.>
11:15 RheaultWnage_: OH YOURE TALKING ABOUT THE NOTES LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: Jleggy12
trevster10  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jleggy12 wrote:
Go Trev! Nice to see a new FC from you. I reckon the floodgates will now open, we'll see 50 soon I'd go for RaRaN next, you should have that. The solo is like Baggage Car 2 in TKaR on GHA in the fact that it's random, and stuff like HTL Solo 2 on GHM. For both of those, I took it down to slowest and really studied the chart, so I new exactly where to strum and where to hopo. Work slowly up the speeds, you'll be able to FC it on Full Speed if you spend enough time For SMK, there's no special cheat method, I played it and Monsters for an hour straight before getting the FC, just keep at it That method works sometimes, If you have two songs you're close on alternate them every time you play. I got Stricken and Nothing For Me Here in that way.

Congrats again, and BiF at 46 is pretty awesome too

Thanks Jleggy! Dang, I really do hope so. That first FC of the summer took so long, I hope I can go ahead and get some more now that I got the first one out of the way.

And yeah, I really think that Suck My Kiss will be my next FC. I've hit the quick strumming part or most of it, plenty of times before. I just either miss in the solo part leading up to it, or the last note, or something. It's come down to flukes that are keeping me from this FC, so it shouldn't be much longer for this one.

Then, I think it's pretty much a tossup between RaRAN and PnJ. Their both about equal in that they have relatively difficult parts that I should be able to hit with some practice. Now, I could go and figure out all of these methods myself, or just keep practicing at a method that is much harder than it has to be. I just haven't found the right method yet for either song. It's the quick R-Y-R-YB-RY bit in Verse 3 of PnJ, and the solo in RaRAN.

So, I probably rambled on a lot more than I really needed to but oh well. It's been a while since I've had an FC and I'm enjoying myself a little

Thanks again J!

Goals -
45 GH3X FC's [X]
50 GH3X FC's [ ]
GH3X FG5* [66/70]
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BIF FC is :goodFcing:

Good luck on Pride And Joy and/or Stricken

(random trivia: Out of these three, The only one I haven't FCed is Stricken, largely cuz I suck at transitioning out of the first bit.)

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
Naruto42  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stricken :

3 for orange, 2 for blue, 1 for yellow and red, just slide keeping 1 anchored.

WhYYZ wrote:

22121(23)(12)

Anchor, but play the HOPO early. And get SURE you get the last R. This is the note so many people miss, that's why not anchoring may help you to insist on it, but you can also play it a bit early (not too much !).

Also, I'd like you to do a FC list of what you didn't FC please

If the breakdown doesn't seem logical to you, maybe mine can help you, so if it can help, maybe it won't, if so I'm sorry :
#40 Down'n'dirty
#43 Suck My Kiss
#45 Pride and Joy
#48 Monsters
#52 Rock and Roll All Nite
#53 Stricken
#55 My Curse
#57 Cliffs of Dover

So yeah I think you'd better work D'n'D first
And for suck my Kiss basically see if you changes of fret on an upstrum or not, try abusing the timing window maybe, get the right speed and good luck (maybe you can pray a bit too xD)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Naruto92250 Wii Friend Code: 7287116137472646
trevster10  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I had a crazy couple of days with working (8 hours more than I was expecting, too), running and playing in my league, and attempting to play in another league. I'll get around to going after more FC's real shortly, though, probably tonight at the latest.

I'm gonna get to trying those methods on PnJ and Stricken, and I'm going to get back to grinding out Suck My Kiss, but for now, I'll just do the FC breakdown thing.

In my opinion, this will be how my remaining FC's will go -

Fairly easy to get with some help from you guys -

Suck My Kiss
Pride and Joy
Rock and Roll All Nite

With a little work, I can get these too (in order of likelihood) -

Black Sunshine
Rock You Like A Hurricane
Down 'N Dirty
Cliffs of Dover
Monsters

Songs that with a TON of work, and little luck, and definitely a lot of help from anyone who will give it to me (in order of likelihood) -

Stricken
My Curse
Black Magic Woman
Don't Hold Back
Holiday In Cambodia
Impulse

And oh by the way, I finally 4 starred ttfaf I've got ttfaf, twie, ttl, and rabl left for a FG5*

Goals -
45 GH3X FC's [X]
50 GH3X FC's [ ]
GH3X FG5* [66/70]
Benster26  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevster10 wrote:

In my opinion, this will be how my remaining FC's will go -

Fairly easy to get with some help from you guys -

Suck My Kiss
Stricken
Monsters

With a little work, I can get these too (in order of likelihood) -

Black Sunshine
Rock You Like A Hurricane
Cliffs of Dover
Rock and Roll all Night

Songs that with a TON of work, and little luck, and definitely a lot of help from anyone who will give it to me (in order of likelihood) -

Down 'n' Dirty
My Curse
Black Magic Woman
Don't Hold Back
Holiday In Cambodia
Impulse

I realy do think that monsters and stricken are easiers than RaRaN, the solo is so fricken hard and dont underestimate down 'n' dirty, well I did, and I still havent fced it :O but each to there own

Edit: Wow I've missed alot, just read through your thread and you've been beasting, 46 fcs...

Also, what happend to dan the bib?

Back on the 11th!
trevster10  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benster26 wrote:

I realy do think that monsters and stricken are easiers than RaRaN, the solo is so fricken hard and dont underestimate down 'n' dirty, well I did, and I still havent fced it :O but each to there own

Edit: Wow I've missed alot, just read through your thread and you've been beasting, 46 fcs...

Also, what happend to dan the bib?

Monsters and stricken easier than RaRaN? I mean, I don't think they are that much harder, but harder, nonetheless.. I don't really know why the solo in Monsters is that hard, it just is. I don't even really know how to approach that one? And stricken is just tough, because I don't know how to tap. I mean, I can tap the intro to ttfaf, but that is the beginning of the song, and I don't have to worry about transferring from tapping to playing in the middle of the song. Or FCing it.

But, I'm up for any kind of advice you give me! Lol, well thank you! I'm finally getting to where I want to be in this game after having played it for like 4 years!

And oh, well I'm not sure. Last summer, he was having some personal difficulties, and he needed to step away from Scorehero for a while, and that's when I took over the Rivalry. But, I haven't heard from him since, so I'm not sure. He may be gone, for good..

Goals -
45 GH3X FC's [X]
50 GH3X FC's [ ]
GH3X FG5* [66/70]
dave0113  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which part of RaRaN gives you the most trouble. Is it m89-90 of the solo, another part of the solo, or the 19 nps sweep at the end?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevster10 wrote:

Monsters and stricken easier than RaRaN? I mean, I don't think they are that much harder, but harder, nonetheless..

For me the monsters solo just happend and I got the fc that day, stricken, however I just practiced the solo everynow and again and kept improving and even gaining some consistency, even though they were consistent -1, -2 lol But I knew that I could hit it, first real run, fc. The best bit was that it was the first time I had hit the full solo.

trevster10 wrote:
I don't really know why the solo in Monsters is that hard, it just is. I don't even really know how to approach that one?

Assuming you just need help with the solo, try and strum only when it needed, use all the ho/po. The strums are all on beat so it shouldn't be to hard to hit, however I found it really hard to have much consistency with it.

But if you do go for the fc be sure to practice the final chorus (I think) where there is a pattern change, only takes out one note but I overstrummed there twice!

trevster10 wrote:
And stricken is just tough, because I don't know how to tap. I mean, I can tap the intro to ttfaf, but that is the beginning of the song, and I don't have to worry about transferring from tapping to playing in the middle of the song. Or FCing it.

Try tapping the bridge of monsters or you could check out the tapping guide [url=http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45137&highlight=tapping+guide[tapping guide][/url].

edit: Dam I forgot how to title links

But for Stricken, I just tapped the blues and oranges, but I've seen one method for each quad (are they quads?) where you, with two fingers, quickly flick orange and yellow and just play a standard quad with your left hand.

trevster10 wrote:
But, I'm up for any kind of advice you give me! Lol, well thank you! I'm finally getting to where I want to be in this game after having played it for like 4 years!

We push ourselves to hard on sh, we'll never really get to where we want to be, ombfsfc...optimal

trevster10 wrote:
And oh, well I'm not sure. Last summer, he was having some personal difficulties, and he needed to step away from Scorehero for a while, and that's when I took over the Rivalry. But, I haven't heard from him since, so I'm not sure. He may be gone, for good..

Ah, its a shame, i really enjoyed watching his and your rivarly you were insanly close...

Dont tell him, but you were always my favourite

Back on the 11th!
trevster10  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave0113 wrote:
Which part of RaRaN gives you the most trouble. Is it m89-90 of the solo, another part of the solo, or the 19 nps sweep at the end?

Yes, that's basically it. I mean, I'm not that consistent at every other part of the song, but m89-90 is by far the worst for me.

Goals -
45 GH3X FC's [X]
50 GH3X FC's [ ]
GH3X FG5* [66/70]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18

Jump to: