Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
SEBN GH:M Tourny - S1 on hiatus, stay tuned for its return
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dave0113  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: SEBN GH:M Tourny - S1 on hiatus, stay tuned for its return Reply with quote

Some Epic Badass Name GH: Metallica Tournament - Season 1

Sorry guys, I was going to update this for Week 2 over vacation, but internet cost $30 where I was staying, and I didn't have any other use for the internet over the week except for the rivalry, so decided to just wait. I am however starting my very last semester of college right now, and since I went on vacation during the first week of class, I need to play a little catch up. For this reason, I think it is best if we put the rivalry on hold for a bit. If I get caught up pretty quickly I will try to get this up and running again, but I don't want to put a time frame on it because I don't know how difficult my classes will be. I do promise that we will get SEBN back to the way it was before, I just don't have the time right now for it.

Week 1 Songs:
Song A - Whiplash (2003041)
Song B - Stone Cold Crazy (Excel Random Generator)
Song C - For Whom The Bell Tolls (Excel Random Generator)

Intro|Rules|Signups|Results
After enrolling in the GHM Hard And Expert Tournament I thought my tournament itch was scratched, but it wasn't, especially since that tournament never actually got past the qualifying round. My solution was to host my own tournament, but for GH3. After successfully completing the first season of the GH3 tournament, I had an idea to start a sister tournament for another game. I didn't get a lot of feedback as to which game I should do, but every person who did reply (except for one) said I should do Metallica, and that was the game I was leaning towards anyway. So here it is, a metallica tournament for guitar only.

I promise to keep this tournament updated regularly, infusing new ideas into it when they seem appropriate, and making sure that we have as much fun as possible. Some of you may wonder where the name for this tournament/franchise came from, so here is the answer:
FDXCpinballwiz wrote:
btw, since this is a pretty big rivarly, you should think of some epic badass name for it lol.

Also, if anyone is interested in my rivalry, here's the link:
GH3 750k on 4 songs rivalry

And for any of you who lived under a rock until just now and are experiencing the world for the first time, here's the link to SEBN GH3, the original SEBN tourny:
SEBN GH3 Tourny

If anyone is interested in hosting his or her own SEBN Tourny for a different game/instrument, let me know and I can PM you all of the code from my original post to save you some time.

...And check out some of ArthritisHero's Rivalry's for GH5 and Metallica:
GH5 Voxtar Rivalry | GH:Metallica Vocals Rivalry | GH:Metallica Voxbass Rivalry

Official SEBN franchise rules:

1. Each week 3 songs from GH:M will be played on guitar. The 3 songs will be the same for all 3 divisions. Each week will start on Sunday and end on Saturday, and for this season there will be 4 weeks total.

2. To change things up a little, song A for a week will be chosen by the previous week's song A 1st place finisher. Song B for a week will be chosen by the person with the lowest submitted score for song B of the previous week. Song C for a week will be chosen at random (I will use Microsoft Excel to generate the random song). The difficulties that get song choices each week will rotate, starting with Expert for Week 2 Song A, and Hard for Week 2 song B. This will result in all 3 difficulties getting exactly one 1st place song choice and one last place song choice by the end of the season.

Week 1 songs will be chosen by the first person to join each division. Repeats are not allowed, and no one person can have more than 2 total song choices for Season 2. Repeats from Season 1 are allowed, but it is preferred that you pick songs that haven't been played in Season 1. To prevent any delay in the start of a new week, include your song choice for the next week when you submit your scores for the current week.

3. You must play the songs during the week for which they were chosen, no using old scores. Pictures of your scores are preferred, but not required. It is preferred that you play songs in career mode, but this is also not required.

If you think you may have trouble getting access to scorehero for whatever reason I will also accept score submissions via AIM (The Grand Dargus) or e-mail (dave0113@yahoo.com). Just make sure you specify what your username is on scorehero if you use one of the last two options.

Score submissions should be in the following form:
Code:
Week 2 song choice: Fight Fire With Fire
Stone Cold Crazy - 141575
Mommy's Little Monster (Live) - 504585
The Memory Remains - 286385

[img]www.photobucket.com/stonecoldcrazy[/img]
[img]www.photobucket.com/mommyslittlemonsterlive[/img]
[img]www.photobucket.com/thememoryremains[/img]

Or if you don't want a song choice:
Code:
Week 2 song choice: n/a
Stone Cold Crazy - 141575
Mommy's Little Monster (Live) - 504585
The Memory Remains - 286385

[img]www.photobucket.com/stonecoldcrazy[/img]
[img]www.photobucket.com/mommyslittlemonsterlive[/img]
[img]www.photobucket.com/thememoryremains[/img]

4.The points system for this season has been completely rearranged. Below is the breakdown of how Season 2 points can be earned each week.
- 1 point for submitting a score for Song A
- 1 point for submitting a score for Song B
- 1 point for submitting a score for Song C
- 1 point for submitting something for the following week's song choice (either a song name or n/a it you don't want a song choice)
- 1 point for getting the highest score on Song A
- 1 point for getting the highest score on Song B
- 1 point for getting the highest score on Song C
- X-Y points for Song A, where X is the number scores submitted for Song A, and Y is the number scores higher than yours for Song A
- X-Y points for Song B, where X is the number scores submitted for Song B, and Y is the number scores higher than yours for Song B
- X-Y points for Song C, where X is the number scores submitted for Song C, and Y is the number scores higher than yours for Song C

For example, if 6 people submit scores for each of the songs on Expert along with song choices, and I finish first on all 3 songs, then I will get 6 points for each song for finishing first, 1 point for each song for getting the highest score, and 4 points for submitting scores for all of the songs and a song choice for next week, making a total of 6*3+1*3+4=25 points.

Here is a helpful sight that most of you probably already know about: http://pathhero.codemann8.com/index.php
This is a great sight to look up star power paths for songs and/or make your own paths.

Also, here is a useful thread that should help you maximize your points
Everything you need to know about squeezing

You may sign up for any combination of the following divisions:
- Expert
- Hard
- Medium
I originally was only going to run the Medium division if it got at least 5 signups, but changed my mind and am now going to run it no matter what. To sign up just reply to the thread and specify which division(s) you would like to join.

Signups will be held until August 7th, with Week 1 of the tournament starting at 12:00 am EST (midnight) on August 8th. You can signup anytime after Season 1 has already started, but you won't be able to get any points for weeks that have finished before you signed up.

Also, spread the word and tell everyone you know who might be interested in this tournament; the more people we have the more fun it will be. Especially let any Medium players you know about it, it is not often that there is a Medium competition on scorehero.

Expert Division: (9 players so far)
Benster26
DESMO56
FingerQuick - Gets to pick Song A for Week 1
Jamieroumbanis
Jleggy12
nickyboy909
tornintwo
voidedalive2x

Hard Division: (7 players so far)
Bmad965
dave0113
jacksontin
Jleggy12
LlamaYip
newuser1234 - Gets to pick Song B for Week 1
voidedalive2x

Medium Division: (2 players so far)
Bmad965 - Gets to pick Song C for Week 1
someguy617sh

Last edited by dave0113 on Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:40 am; edited 27 times in total
newuser1234  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sign me up for hard!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expert yo

GHWoR Season 14 Leagues Champion
GH3 TTFAF FC - 6/3/2012
Join monthly GH3 Xbox LIVE GH Tournaments with us!

46|62|29|70|41|85|49|48|85|46|93|42
Full Series: 696/702
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: FingerQuickSH Wii Friend Code: 2581587414697466
jacksontin  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sign me up for hard because I'm gonna crush everyone

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X please

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
nickyboy909  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

experttttttttttttttttttt

dave0113  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've all been added. On a side note, where are all the Medium players? I'm really hoping that it gets some signups, there are barely any Medium rivalries, and I know that you Medium players are out there.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change that last post from "Where are all of the Medium players?" to "Where are all of the players?". What's going on guys? SEBN GH3 S1 had a lot of signups and there was only a week and a half to sign up. You have all the way until July 17th to signup this time, but that doesn't mean you have to wait until the last minute to sign up.

Remember that signing up now will not interfere with leagues because the tournament doesn't start until league playoffs are over.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign me up for Hard! Maybe it actually be challenging to get firsts since newuser is here :U

I suggest we do Turn the Page at some time.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
thenewkidaw71  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imma do expert please

My Guitar Hero Acc. Thread / My Rock Band Acc. Thread / My Youtube / My Cult of Personality Guide / My Rock You Like a Hurricane Guide
Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
These charts look awfully fun so far. But hey, you can't spell Guiftaru Henro without f-u-n.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: iSWIMaw71
Bmad965  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign me up for both medium and hard.

voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jacksontin wrote:
sign me up for hard because I'm gonna crush everyone

Right.

Llama: Oh, hell, no. That's hell to squeeze, period.

Also, Hard and Expert, plz.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
dave0113  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone since my last post has been added. We still need more Medium players, so spread the word.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill join on expert please
Let's stop trolling now

No
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: DESMONDD56
dave0113  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DESMO56 wrote:
ill join on expert please

^ Added.

Also, for anyone who's interested, I'm no longer doing the Expert Division for GH:M, becasue I'm already doing Medium and Hard for GH3 and Hard for GH:M. Leagues has shown me that although I can do 12 songs a week, I'd probably enjoy doing just 9 more. We still need more medium players, so anyone who is on the fence should definitely join.

And thanks to so many people dropping out of leagues and not submitting scores for Season 11, in all likelihood this is the last season of leagues. This means that these types of rivalries (SEBN and others) are the closest thing you are going to get to a league from now on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: