Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
SEBN GH3 Tourny - S2 on hiatus, stay tuned for its return
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dave0113  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: SEBN GH3 Tourny - S2 on hiatus, stay tuned for its return Reply with quote

Some Epic Badass Name GH3 Tournament - Season 2

Sorry guys, I was going to update this for Week 2 over vacation, but internet cost $30 where I was staying, and I didn't have any other use for the internet over the week except for the rivalry, so decided to just wait. I am however starting my very last semester of college right now, and since I went on vacation during the first week of class, I need to play a little catch up. For this reason, I think it is best if we put the rivalry on hold for a bit. If I get caught up pretty quickly I will try to get this up and running again, but I don't want to put a time frame on it because I don't know how difficult my classes will be. I do promise that we will get SEBN back to the way it was before, I just don't have the time right now for it.

Week 1 Songs:
Song A - Minus Celsius (2003041)
Song B - I'm In The Band (Excel Random Generator)
Song C - When You Were Young (trevster10)

Season 1 winners:
psxfreak101 - Expert
dave0113 - Hard

Intro|Rules|Signups|Results
After enrolling in the GHM Hard And Expert Tournament I thought my tournament itch was scratched, but it wasn't, especially since that tournament never actually got past the qualifying round. My solution was to host my own tournament, but for GH3. DLC is not going to be a part of the tournament because not everyone has access to it.

I promise to keep this tournament updated regularly, infusing new ideas into it when they seem appropriate, and making sure that we have as much fun as possible. Some of you may wonder where the name for this tournament came from, so here is the answer:
FDXCpinballwiz wrote:
btw, since this is a pretty big rivarly, you should think of some epic badass name for it lol.

Also, if anyone is interested in my rivalry, here's the link:
GH3 750k on 4 songs rivalry

SEBN GH:M is officially here as well, so go on and signup for that too:
SEBN GH:M Tourny

If anyone is interested in hosting his or her own SEBN Tourny for a different game/instrument, let me know and I can PM you all of the code from my original post to save you some time.

...And check out some of ArthritisHero's Rivalry's for GH5 and Metallica:
GH5 Voxtar Rivalry | GH:Metallica Vocals Rivalry | GH:Metallica Voxbass Rivalry

Updated Season 2 rules:

1. Each week 3 songs from GH3 will be played. The 3 songs will be the same for all 3 divisions. Each week will start on Sunday and end on Saturday, and for this season there will be 4 weeks total.

2. To change things up a little, song A for a week will be chosen by the previous week's song A 1st place finisher. Song B for a week will be chosen by the person with the lowest submitted score for song B of the previous week. Song C for a week will be chosen at random (I will use Microsoft Excel to generate the random song). The difficulties that get song choices each week will rotate, starting with Expert for Week 2 Song A, and Hard for Week 2 song B. This will result in all 3 difficulties getting exactly one 1st place song choice and one last place song choice by the end of the season.

Week 1 songs will be chosen by the first person to join each division. Repeats are not allowed, and no one person can have more than 2 total song choices for Season 2. Repeats from Season 1 are allowed, but it is preferred that you pick songs that haven't been played in Season 1. To prevent any delay in the start of a new week, include your song choice for the next week when you submit your scores for the current week.

3. You must play the songs during the week for which they were chosen, no using old scores. Pictures of your scores are preferred, but not required. It is preferred that you play songs in career mode (except for the quickplay exclusives, obviously), but this is also not required.

If you think you may have trouble getting access to scorehero for whatever reason I will also accept score submissions via AIM (The Grand Dargus) or e-mail (dave0113@yahoo.com). Just make sure you specify what your username is on scorehero if you use one of the last two options.

Score submissions should be in the following form:
Code:
Week 2 song choice: The Way It Ends
Hit Me With Your Best Shot - 208960
Welcome To The Jungle - 360502
Closer - 277558

[img]www.photobucket.com/hitmewithyourvestshot[/img]
[img]www.photobucket.com/welcometothejungle[/img]
[img]www.photobucket.com/closer[/img]

Or if you don't want a song choice:
Code:
Week 2 song choice: n/a
Hit Me With Your Best Shot - 208960
Welcome To The Jungle - 360502
Closer - 277558

[img]www.photobucket.com/hitmewithyourvestshot[/img]
[img]www.photobucket.com/welcometothejungle[/img]
[img]www.photobucket.com/closer[/img]

4.The points system for this season has been completely rearranged. Below is the breakdown of how Season 2 points can be earned each week.
- 1 point for submitting a score for Song A
- 1 point for submitting a score for Song B
- 1 point for submitting a score for Song C
- 1 point for submitting something for the following week's song choice (either a song name or n/a it you don't want a song choice)
- 1 point for getting the highest score on Song A
- 1 point for getting the highest score on Song B
- 1 point for getting the highest score on Song C
- X-Y points for Song A, where X is the number scores submitted for Song A, and Y is the number scores higher than yours for Song A
- X-Y points for Song B, where X is the number scores submitted for Song B, and Y is the number scores higher than yours for Song B
- X-Y points for Song C, where X is the number scores submitted for Song C, and Y is the number scores higher than yours for Song C

For example, if 6 people submit scores for each of the songs on Expert along with song choices, and I finish first on all 3 songs, then I will get 6 points for each song for finishing first, 1 point for each song for getting the highest score, and 4 points for submitting scores for all of the songs and a song choice for next week, making a total of 6*3+1*3+4=25 points.

Here is a helpful sight that most of you probably already know about: http://slowhero.moto-coda.org/
If you are not using the paths from here you will probably not do very well, just a caution.

Also, here is a useful thread that should help you maximize your points
Everything you need to know about squeezing

You may sign up for any combination of the following divisions:
- Expert
- Hard
- Medium
Yes, that's right, this season you can sign up for more than one division. I will only run the Medium division if it gets at least 5 signups. To sign up just reply to the thread and specify which division(s) you would like to join.

Signups will be held until August 7th, with Week 1 of the tournament starting at 12:00 am EST (midnight) on August 8th. You can signup anytime after Season 2 has already started, but you won't be able to get any points for weeks that have finished before you signed up.

Also, spread the word and tell everyone you know who might be interested in this tournament; the more people we have the more fun it will be. Especially let any Medium players you know about it, it is not often that there is a Medium competition on scorehero.

* - indicates that that player is no longer in the tournament

Expert Division: (11 players so far)
2003041 - Gets to pick Song A for Week 1
B.nAUght47
DESMO56
FDXCpinballwiz
FingerQuick
HungrySanta
Jleggy12
thenewkidaw71
theslayermon
Tomahorn
trevster10

Hard Division: (7 players so far)
blackhawk12
Bmad965
dave0113
Fhdra
Jleggy12
LLamaYip
newuser1234 - Gets to pick Song B for Week 1

Medium Division: (6 players so far)
blackhawk12
Bmad965
dave0113
FingerQuick
Jleggy12
trevster10 - Gets to pick Song C for Week 1

Expert Division - Total Points (* means that the player is not in the tournament anymore)
psxfreak101 - 43
Marbler - 34
tornintwo - 30.5
thenewkidaw71 - 24.5
theslayermon - 21
Guku416 - 13
FDXCpinballwiz* - 10
omimann - 5
2003041 - 3
Benster26 - (-1)
CoalfieldRocker* - (-3)
elScarecrow* - (-3)
FingerQuick* - (-4)
LeonHenrique* - (-4)
Enginn* - (-6)
DESMO56* - (-8)
ace5993 - (-9)
Bradmasta - (-12)
Jayhero - (-12)
Reakt00r - (-12)
Tomahorn* - (-12)

Hard Division - Total Points (* means that the player is not in the tournament anymore)
dave0113 - 56
newuser1234 - 49
AxenRay - 36
blackhawk12 - 28
odub712 - 21
Bmad965 - 15
ortiz1193 - 15
ThunderAlex - (-4)
daman715 - (-7)
jacksontin* - (-7)
Sarg338 - (-7)
sadied0g - (-10)
shagtheturtle - (-10)
Davers* - (-12)
sukergod - (-12)

Week 6:
Week 6 songs for Expert:
- Black Magic Woman
(tornintwo)
- Don't Hold Back (thenewkidaw71)

Week 6 songs for Hard:
- Raining Blood
(dave0113)
- Take This Life (axenray)

Week 5:
Week 5 songs for Expert:
- Pride And Joy
(tornintwo)
- Avalancha (theslayermon)

Week 5 songs for Hard:
- The Story Of My Life
(newuser1234)
- Go That Far (axenray)

Week 4:
Week 4 songs for Expert:
- Nothing For Me Here
(Guku416)
- Impulse (psxfreak101)

Week 4 songs for Hard:
- The Number Of The Beast
(ortiz1193)
- F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X. (newuser1234)

Week 3:
Week 3 songs for Expert:
- Through The Fire And Flames
(Marbler)
- The Number Of The Beast (psxfreak101)

Week 3 songs for Hard:
- Mauvais Garcon
(dave0113)
- Knights Of Cydonia (AxenRay)

Week 2:
Week 2 songs for Expert:
- 3's & 7's
(FDXCpinballwiz)
- Knights Of Cydonia (elScarecrow)

Week 2 songs for Hard:
- Stricken
(newuser1234)
- When You Were Young (Fhdra)

Week 1:
Week 1 songs for Expert:
- Prayer Of The Refugee
(FingerQuick)
- Generation Rock (AxenRay)

Week 1 songs for Hard:
- Prayer Of The Refugee
(FingerQuick)
- Generation Rock (AxenRay)

Last edited by dave0113 on Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:38 am; edited 127 times in total
AxenRay  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill sign up for the hard division.

you can go to my scores to see which DLC I have (even though you already know which ones I have). I dont care whether you include DLC in this tournament or not...doesnt matter one way or the other.

http://www.scorehero.com/scores.php?user=40135&group=4&game=7&diff=4

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXPERT PLZ

-800th-

GHWoR Season 14 Leagues Champion
GH3 TTFAF FC - 6/3/2012
Join monthly GH3 Xbox LIVE GH Tournaments with us!

46|62|29|70|41|85|49|48|85|46|93|42
Full Series: 696/702
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: FingerQuickSH Wii Friend Code: 2581587414697466
BlueTornado  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may sign up for the hard division, but I'm on Wii, and Wii doesn't have DLC , sorry.

EDIT: My GH3H scores: http://www.scorehero.com/scores.php?user=184061&group=4&game=0&diff=3.

You have died of dysentery. Put in your sig if lemons.
Proud Christian: If you are a Christian, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Christians are on ScoreHero!
***My Accomplishments: 67 RB2 H Guitar FCs!***
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BlueTornadoSH
dave0113  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are all in, don't be shy recruiting others too; the more people we have the more fun it will be.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm in for expert, pics will be hard starting may 12th or so as i'll be without internet, so leaderboards or nuffin but i can post from my phone at least. will do what i can for pics since its only once a week but no promises.

have all the free DLC, plus dragonforce, virtuoso, classic rock, velvet revolver, def lepperd, and the metallica album. i think thats all

and crap, FQ is gonna pwn me

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll do Expert
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HArd for meh.

EDIT: Ew, pic proof? I GUESS I can do that >_>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expert. I don't care about DLC. I have free, DragonForce and Modern Metal. Willing to pick up others if needed.

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
blackhawk12  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll sign up for the hard division. Although pic proof might be hard... I'll see what I can do.

My GH Acc. Thread |
TheThirdDay wrote:
Personally, I can't wait for March 20th: Blowjob, steak, and shut the fuck up day.
FingerQuick  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm on PS2 so no DLC for me. If you could somehow incorperate DLC though for other players...

i.e: If two songs a week are chosen normally, have DLC-users play a third song, DLC track, for a DLC bracket or something.

just a suggestion

GHWoR Season 14 Leagues Champion
GH3 TTFAF FC - 6/3/2012
Join monthly GH3 Xbox LIVE GH Tournaments with us!

46|62|29|70|41|85|49|48|85|46|93|42
Full Series: 696/702
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: FingerQuickSH Wii Friend Code: 2581587414697466
dave0113  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For any of you who have limited access to picture proof, submit your scores each week even if you are unable to provide proof. I am willing to make exceptions for those who have a hard time getting a picture.

Everyone who has signed up has been added, and keep spreading the word, so we can get as many people as possible involved. This should be a lot of fun.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FingerQuick wrote:
Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm on PS2 so no DLC for me. If you could somehow incorperate DLC though for other players...

i.e: If two songs a week are chosen normally, have DLC-users play a third song, DLC track, for a DLC bracket or something.

just a suggestion

This is an interesting idea, but I think this would be better as a separate tournament/rivalry, like the one that already exists. If anyone wants to start a new DLC tournament/rivalry, feel free to do so.

Seeing as how we have people with no access to DLC in both divisions, it will not be part of the tournament.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in for expert

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: GH3 Hard And Expert Tournament - signups held until May Reply with quote

dave0113 wrote:

- failing to enter a score for a week gets -2 points

Greastest rule ever, I haven't really played much gh3 recently so hopefull this rivalry will get me some fcs!

O yer, count me in... expert of course!

Back on the 11th!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 1 of 36

Jump to: