ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar compatiblity - beyond confused

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DasAmkus  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:04 am    Post subject: Guitar compatiblity - beyond confused Reply with quote

I was hoping someone could clarify this for me.

Bought GH3 and the RB Fender Strat for PS3 before knowing of all this compatibility crap.

According to the official GH guide, http://cdn.guitarhero.com/ghhub/gh_compatibility.pdf my guitar is compatible with all of the GH games. The sticky also says that there was a PS3 patch to make all GH/ RB guitars/ games compatible with eachother.

Is this patch automatically downloaded with the game install, or do I have to do it manually? In the game, I can use the guitar to navigate the menu screen normally; but when I try to play a song, the frets are all jacked up.

Everything else I've read on the interwebz says they are not compatible; but those were articles from when the game came out and don't mention any patches.

I never predicted this would be such a head ache.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is our wiki and should be much more accurate.

http://wiki.scorehero.com/ControllerCompatibility

about the patch, i have no clue if its downloaded automatically, but i never used a fender, so i dunno. i use my wortar on eveyr game and it works 100%. i used a LP & a WTar without problems as well.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the patch only applies to post GH3 games, so I ended up ordering GHWT.

The one plus of them shoveling out so many games is that the older ones are so damn cheap now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: