ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
King of Bad Luck? 10 Broken GH5tars in 3 Months (Help?)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdamillio  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:44 pm    Post subject: King of Bad Luck? 10 Broken GH5tars in 3 Months (Help?) Reply with quote

Hey there. First off, I do have to admit that the title was only to really grab your guys' attention. So if you're here, I did a nice job.

The reason I made this thread, is because I was told by a good amount of people that the GH5tar is best recommended (mainly for squeezing since I've been at that stage for a while now). I bought my first one in August, and it turns out they were exactly right.

Right after I fully adapted to it though, the downstrum kind of broke. It still registered strums, but the downstrum sank down so far, it made strumming anything remotely fast impossible. After two more purchases, those two guitars did the same thing in the little time I used them. I tried to open the third guitar up, but I couldn't find anything to open up the four bolts closest to where you insert the neck. I went to a K-Mart (only place that carries them now), and purchased a fourth GH5tar. That one might have had the same problem, but what I do know, is that my 4th - 10th GH5tars had these problems occuring:

- Occasional episodes of overstrumming, mixed with it disconnecting very often
- Disconnecting occasionaly, overstrums only when activating (frontends and backends)
- Disconnecting very often, strumbar or frets stop working for a period of time (never both the strumbar and the frets). I know this has to do with the guitar body because the fretboard works fine on a working body.
- Strumbar stops working
- Lack of full whammy

I'm not sure if I have really bad luck with these, or if that others are experiencing these same problems and frustrations as I am, and they just aren't shown as much as this. If anyone reading this has any solution to any problem I posted here, let me know. I only post this now because I bought all of the GH5tars from every place in a two hour radius from where I live. I've been exchanging these broken guitars for my money back, so my very last choice is to order a GH5tar online (no warranty + more expensive).

First ever TTFAF FC with 3 Fingers, 8/19/10 - Never Forget

GH3X: 9th Place - 69/70 FCs (One)
- Youtube: joedamillio
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: joedamillio
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what i sugested in another thread, dont remember which, is that guitar needs a break-in procedure. im the perfect example because i play on lower difficulties easy/medium when the games comes out (i always get a guitar bundle, thus the newest guitar available) and so far, all my guitars are working perfectly, aside from the WTar whammy bar (but let be honest, i whammy alot for those challenges in GH5/BH). every fret buttons works, every strumming mechanism works no problem. i have a red SG, a PS3 LP, a PS3 WTar and a PS3 WoRtar. so far so good.

i think spanking the guitar to expert mode right away kills the guitar automatically, just like a brand new car. you dont go 120mph right off the bat. you need to break-in within the first 3000 miles.

i honestly love the WoRTar, the neck is not big enough to fit my hand but i got used to it and i (try) squeeze alot with it, of course on easy/medium. maybe you should try one.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF you remember I told you my World Tour guitar is broken, and about two weeks ago I borrowed my friends GH5 guitar, which I still have, but as of yesterday I've been having this extremely irritating problem, it disconnects randomly ever 5 minutes and the green lights on the button are spinning as if trying to reconnect, then it does. I can't play because of that, and I also have had the problem where the frets will randomly stop registering, I have to take the fret board piece out then back in for it to register again, which is also annoying, especially if it happens in the middle of me squeezing a song.. This doesn't really help you but just telling you my problems, I'm currently trying to find a fix for the disconnect problem.
jdamillio  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon, I was told by one of my recommenders that breaking in the GH5tar is really important. I followed what he said, and played soft for a good week or a little longer. Maybe it needs a lot more time then that. The problem now is finding an 11th GH5tar to drive and pick up. I saw a WoRtar at a K-Mart, but it looked way too small for me, and the guitar itself costed more than the GH5 bundle.

Happy, I've experienced the exact same problems as you with a few of these guitars, so I understand your situation. Sadly, there is no solution for the disconnecting problem.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: joedamillio
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would a least try the WoRTar and see if it works for you. yes its small, but you get used to it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just got a well functioning gh3 les paul from some dude on craigslist for $10.

47/64/29/68/41/85/48/47/85/46/87//647
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv f4phantom
jdamillio  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F4, I've had a good amount of Les Pauls, and I thought they were in perfect condition like you're saying, but my whammy delays the smallest amount, screwing up a lot of potential scores. I thought it was that one Les Paul, but it turns out it's in the other ones I got too. I know you think it was probably just me, I thought the same, but that problem was solved when I got a GH5tar.

elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdamillio wrote:
i dont like LPs anymore

i use an LP and am generally considered a good opinion on squeezing :p
and i used the GH5tar before that.

Fug used to use the WT tar, now uses WORtar

tl;dr: i recommend trying out different methods of whammying; i really dont think the guitar is at fault.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ESC57
LemonMeringue  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really never noticed any problems with LP whammy, what kind of delay problem did you notice? I have always used an LP for 360.

nanos gigantium humeris insidentes
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Lemeng Meringue
jdamillio  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd always miss a little bit of whammy at the very beginning of grouped sustains. I really thought it was me for a while, but I got the GH5tar, and my whammy was good. For example, on The Way It Ends, I can't even get the RB chord in on the chorus activation when I activate at the first green strum. With the GH5tar, I can hit the full squeeze pretty easily (GR - RB). I didn't change my whammying method when I switched, which is what has me thinking it's the LP(s) I was using. The funny thing is, I have a tougher time whammying on the GH5tar, rather than the LP. It isn't really tough, but I make dumb mistakes more often.

Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the whammy bar on my WTar/LP were horrible, both dropped lots of whammy. the GH5 challenges were unreacheable until i tried the GH5tar. that how i realized why my scores werent as good as the other top scorers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: