SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Chefs of ScoreHero
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MLGquinky  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9001 wrote:
I think I remember Jesse made a thread documenting recipes that SH users submitted; I could probably find it but I don't really feel like it at the moment.

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=97677&

One of the reason I started cooking even though I haven't really cooked anything in a long time.

Edit: The mircowave brownies are the greatest things ever :P
Davers  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baking a ham and cooking some dressing right now. My apartment smells fanastic!
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davers wrote:

Always interested in dressings, what kind have you?
Davers  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ComicBookGuru wrote:
Davers wrote:

Always interested in dressings, what kind have you?

Unfortunately for me, this is one item I by boxed. I have yet to learn how to make it out of scratch but I plan on doing so over the Christmas holidays when I go visit my mom But to answer your question, StoveTop dressing. lol But instead of cooking it the way it tells you to, I put it in the baking pan all around the ham. Add about two cups of water, put tin foil over the pan, and bake for roughly 75-80 minutes at 375. Turned out rather well
CloudFuel  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do mostly desserts (chocolate trifle, pumpkin roll, crunchy peanut butter balls, peanut butter pie, chocolate chip cheesecake, coconut cream pie, etc) but I've also worked on a few beverages (smoothies & latte/mocha coffees) and some dinner meals (chicken parmesan, chicken & dumplings, etc)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CloudFuel PSN Name: Cloud_Fuel Wii Friend Code: 4265622918614549
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MLGquinky wrote:
9001 wrote:
I think I remember Jesse made a thread documenting recipes that SH users submitted; I could probably find it but I don't really feel like it at the moment.

One of the reason I started cooking even though I haven't really cooked anything in a long time.

Gotsmack's teriyaki grilled chicken sounds incredible. I think I'm gonna give that a try along with some risotto soon

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
Davers  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
MLGquinky wrote:
9001 wrote:

Gotsmack's teriyaki grilled chicken sounds incredible. I think I'm gonna give that a try along with some risotto soon

You're not kidding I'm definitely giving this a try. I'm going to add the recipe thread url to the OP so others can take a look themselves. There's a ratatouille recipe in there too. Ever since I saw the movie Ratatoille (one of my favorite movies ever), I've always wanted to try some
Davers  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teriyaki Chicken and Rice. Turned out REALLY good. Recipe I used is below the picture.

3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into bite size pieces
1 1/2 cups dry white wine, divided
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce

1. To Marinate: Place chicken in a nonporous glass dish or bowl. Pour 1 cup of wine over chicken, then sprinkle with garlic powder and onion powder. Cover and refrigerate to marinate for at least 1 hour.

2. Heat vegetable oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Saute bell pepper for 5 to 7 minutes, or until soft. Remove from skillet and set aside.

3. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding any remaining marinade. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat and brown chicken, adding teriyaki sauce to 'sear'. Braise with remaining white wine and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside.

4. Add bell pepper mixture to chicken and heat through, stirring. Serve hot.
jesse0986  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In doing my bi-monthly search for myself on ScoreHero's forums (since I'm vain as hell), I noticed this thread and the posts linking to my old cookbook thread. It hasn't been updated in over a year, but if you guys think it would be worth a bump, I'd be happy to keep it going. I have a few dishes I'd like to add myself.
Vampyromaniac  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might have been more appropriate in the tv shows thread, but did anyone watch the next iron chef? That Virgione (or Vergione guy) made some really awesome dishes. I was amazed when he took the chicken pot pie and made it into something so amazing.
Davers  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to believe this thread was started in 2010 o.O It literally feels like I started it up last summer. Anyways, cooked a VERY delicious dish tonight:

Chicken Tortellini Soup w/ Garlic Bread

Garlic bread is store bought from the frozen food section. However, everything in the soup is fresh. I cut up the carrots, tomatoes, spinach, and shallots. Really wasn't hard to make and is just ever so tasty and filling (thanks to the tortellini noodles)!
Yewb  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm an abysmal cook, but one thing that I do do is a damn fine beef stew.

About two pounds of diced steak, a pound of raw bacon, three large onions, half a bottle of red wine, gravy, beef stock (lamb is very different but just as good) all slow cooked for 6-10 hours with various spices; I also use fennel seeds and cayenne pepper for a bit of a kick. Diced raw carrots (and leeks if you have them) added right at the end, served over boiled potatoes.

Granted, it tastes quite a lot like wine, but that never hurt anyone.

Also, candied bacon: line a baking tray with foil, sprinkle quite a bit of sugar onto it and layer it (once) in raw bacon. Cover in sugar until it stops visibly dissolving and cook in a *preheated* oven at ~220C until it looks cooked. If you do it right (unlike one of my friends who used sweetener and complained that it didn't work) you'll get brown caramelised chewy bacon.
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made the ultimate student/fat slob dish yesterday.
One sesame baguette, spread with garlic and onion mayonnaise (I guess butter would work, but I don't eat butter) and crumble about 2/3 of a chicken OXO cube into it. The saltiness really adds to the mayo.

Then, fry some chicken breast and slice it really thin, then grill it with some cajun spices and put it on the baguette. Then add some salad and such if you wanna make it healthy. Or, if you're like me, garnish it with some onion rings.

Top with either more onion mayo, or cajun mayo.
Apply to the face and enjoy.

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: