ProfileProfile Log inLog in
A Sticky Situation
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b.vicious wrote:
Well here's an update.

Today her parents surprised her with a PS3 and Skyrim, and also bought her little sister an Ipod 4.

To me, this feels like they're trying to buy her love, she kinda suspects that as well. Also we're both kind of annoyed that they can just kinda shell out money randomly for those kinds of things, but "can't afford for her to live 30 minutes away at college".

Those are just my thoughts.

Physical force, emotional blackmail, and gift-giving are all used as forms of control. The real reason she won't be allowed to live away at college is that it's harder to control her then, although if she is paying the bills she will still be able to.

The only way to really break out of this would be for her to move out and not depend on Mom for any money. As long as she wants the money she will have to deal with the rest. It's the same principle whether it's a PS3 or college tuition. Hoping people will change their essential nature is usually a futile hope. Although at least now if she wants to go on her own she can sell the PS3 and Skyrim on craigslist for book money.
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got a couple solutions here. Get someone in here with the authority to override the cunt stepdad in Social Services to get her in a new home and make sure she stays there.

Or kill her mother.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update

It's been a week since I posted this and since then there's been no problems between my gf and her mom. In fact her mom did something I was happily surprised to hear that she did. 2 weeks ago I had my gf put in her two weeks to her job. She was getting overstressed between her mom, school and job. So we had her get rid of the one stressor that could be gotten rid of asap. She told her mom yesterday that she did and why, and her mom admitted that it was partially her fault and understood, as well as offered to give her more chores opportunities to get some money.

My girlfriend is really getting into video games, which seems to at least keep her out of trouble. So if this stuff continues I won't have any complaints.

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

It's been a little over a month since I posted this thread. Since her mom said she would change ways ... she's followed suit (kinda). There have been no outbursts or abuse since she said so. My gf has been treated better, and feels a little more free. Best thing that happened, is while going to the Community College to take her placement exams and get applied for classes, her mother decided she loved the place and that she would allow my gf to dorm there. There are still bits and pieces of her mom trying to show she wants dominance, and saying stupid shit, but it's not nearly as bad.

I'll continue to update this thread whenever stuff happens, thank you guys for all the help/advice. Even though things are now looking up.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, figured I'd update this again.

Ever since that day her mother said she wouldn't abuse her, and that she would treat her better ... she's kept her word. She doesn't bother her when my gf and I hang out a little late, she hasn't laid a hand on her since, and they've generally been on good terms. My girlfriend graduated today, in little less than a month she'll be turning 18. She'll be dorming at the local community college this upcoming semester. Everything is all well and I feel very happy for her.

I'll update again if needed or if there's another milestone is reached.

Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool news man. hope you enjoy your relationship alot more than before. this must make a huge impact on it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: