Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Breaking Bad- Midseason Finale Tonight!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fUNC  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As crazy as this was, I feel the need to discuss a few things, so SPOILER WARNING*

Yeah. Just... wow. I sort of knew what was coming the instant he appeared, but even that was thrown off by those split seconds of thinking that either Jesse or Todd were going to die from the train due to Walt's insistence on being right and finishing the job. Then, for a second, you think that he's going to be ok... because Todd waves back at him innocently. Then... fuck, dude. It happened in all of five seconds.

The best part of something like this happening in the Breaking Bad world is playing detective afterward and piecing together every little clue that they've been dropping to establish each event. With Todd, the fact that his character could do what he did was laid down a number of different ways:

1) The first time we meet him, it's established that he's not only eager to move up, but takes the initiative via cutting off the security cameras.

2) "No one other than us can know that this robbery went down." "You sure?" "Yessir." <Mike laid this down in more or less the same language back in the third episode, and Jesse and Walt reinforced it.

3) The train horn at the tail end of the open, then a tight shot on the actual horn making the noise right before the train robbery begins- awesome and very sly way of bringing that element back to the forefront.

4) Mike's "There are two kinds of robberies- the ones where you don't get caught, and the ones that leave witnesses." Again, great foreshadowing.

Other highlights: Walt's crocodile tears and subsequent twist of Lydia actually being innocent, Jesse coming up with the plan while slurping on a bendable straw, and the parallel with the "magnets" episode of a carefully planned heist working perfectly until an expected wrinkle makes everything worse than it could've been.

God I love this show.

*Not trying to be an ass about that- I think mine and Sarg's bitchy posts got that out of the way last week. Back to normal.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was some of the most intense television I've ever watched. And that ending, wow. I mean I'm actually shaking, that was incredible, haha.

SPOILERS:

I just wonder what they're gonna do from here. I mean having a body to deal with must complicate things tenfold, and kind of defeats the entire purpose of robbing the train without anybody knowing. I seriously have no idea what to expect for the next episode, but hot damn if I ain't excited as hell about it O.O
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
fUNC  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'll have a pretty massive hole once the thousand gallons of methylene is pumped out...

/Purposely avoiding the previews for next week. Lovin' the ride.

~Kyle~

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
JosephL  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first thought at the end: "Todd hits Jesse's weak point for massive damage!"

/goin' to hell
Personal Links: pathhero; my scores; my accomplishment thread (most recent: retired from GH, but still working on the breakdowns)
10/19/06/35/06/45/18/20/60/24/36 >> 279 (+65 for BH, +2 for DLC = 346 XG FCs overall)
#TeamOldPeople
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: JosephLillo
Vampyromaniac  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Gustavo ended up being the only character I've never hated. He went out like a BOSS. Some people might have been a bit put-off by his killing Victor, but I think he really needed to display ruthlessness. Every other character though, I either hate always or occasionally. It's a testament that I still love the show so much, then.
I just started watching it about a week ago, actually.
FreeXBird  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at my friend's house when the train episode came on. He said he was considering going through the series, so he went upstairs and didn't watch it. He thought the episode was done, so he started walking downstairs. Right then the kid comes up to the Walt, Jesse, and Todd. My face is just pretty much like " :O " right then. My friend's like "can I come down?" and then Todd waves to the kid. I burst out laughing, so my friend starts to walk down because he thought I was laughing at him. Then the gunshot and my face pretty much looked exactly like " D: ". I yelled at him to run away and not see. And he didn't. All was well. But seriously, that scene was beautiful.
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished s4

holy shit

holy fucking shit

where are you guys watching s5? Demonoid's shutdown was a terrible, terrible thing, and all I can find in Youtube is fat guys staring at their webcams talking about it.
Vampyromaniac  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MehPlusRawr wrote:
Just finished s4

holy shit

holy fucking shit

where are you guys watching s5? Demonoid's shutdown was a terrible, terrible thing, and all I can find in Youtube is fat guys staring at their webcams talking about it.

Well it comes on AMC but short of PIRACY I don't think you'll find them for free anywhere else. Season 5 is definitely great so far though.
fUNC  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MehPlusRawr wrote:
Just finished s4

holy shit

holy fucking shit

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008LRCLHY

The price of two McDonald's cheeseburgers per episode, and (so far, at least) it's the most consistently awesome season yet. There haven't been any digressions like Season 4's "Marie Gets Caught Stealing" yet.

~Kyle~

fUNC  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPOILERS

Quote:
Well... fuck. There goes my favorite character. I wasn't quite on the edge of my seat (there were red herrings everywhere, not the least of which was the lingering shot of the holstered gun in the bag at the airport), but it was still sad to see him go. In a way I think I was hoping for something a bit out of left field to do him in similar to how Brian Austin Green's Derek character was killed out of the blue in Terminator:TSCC, but sitting peacefully by a river with a badass "Shut the fuck up and let me die in peace?" was fitting for such a calm and badass guy.

~Kyle~

HellAshes  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I always knew Mike was going to die. Even though he's been my favorite character since he was first introduced, I always knew he was going to be a character that was going to be killed. I didn't think Walt was going to be the one to do it though. There's only one episode left of the first part of the season sadly, and it doesn't look like it'll match up with the flash forward that started the season unless they cram shit into one episode, so maybe we won't be revisiting that flash forward until the second part of the season.

My thoughts on the latest episode.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
fUNC  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm split now on whether the flash-forward from the beginning of this season is from the end of the series or will be skipped to after the cliffhanger next week. Now that Mike is gone and Jesse is (for all intents and purposes) out of the meth business, Walt really doesn't have that many people left. All it would take would be Hank discovering Walt removing the bugs (there's a shot from the POV of what could be a security camera in Hank's office while Walt is removing the listening devices) and the death of either Skyler or Walt Jr. to send Walt into hiding, and that could easily in the span of a single episode.

~Kyle~

MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hell, Ted is a really good-looking man! And I've even thought of- well- not really..."

It's really remarkable how I can both hate and love every character in the show.

So I've finished catching up, and holy shit, I love this show so much.

Quote:
That radiator scene was fucking badass. I've had more or less every death since season 3 spoiled, but Mike's death scene was still great. I'm always going to remember him by that one scene where he breaks into the hijacked warehouse and kills everyone singlehandedly.

why is this so funny? http://i.imgur.com/fqmnn.png

Last edited by MehPlusRawr on Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to spoiler tag that comic.
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

9001 wrote:
You might want to spoiler tag that comic.

Oops.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: