ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Anti-Rant Thread, AKA the Feel-Good Thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:

Not exactly as exciting of a life achievement, but I did beat Diablo 3 twice this weekend... now we're starting on Hell difficulty, gonna see how far we can get next week.

You'll get to inferno, and then get stuck until you spends millions and millions of gold on the AH. Then you'll stop playing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:

Not exactly as exciting of a life achievement, but I did beat Diablo 3 twice this weekend... now we're starting on Hell difficulty, gonna see how far we can get next week.

You'll get to inferno, and then get stuck until you spends millions and millions of gold on the AH. Then you'll stop playing.

Ouch, I thought the patch was supposed to have fixed a lot of things, but maybe not. I've avoided the AH so far, I'll only go there as a last resort.

Oh well - if that happens I just start a new character class and get to level 60 again. Either way, 30 hours in and it's been money well spent. I've spent less time on games for $60 and still been satisfied, so I can't really complain. Fun game!

Completely unrelated... but I'm almost done watching Avatar: The Last Airbender with my husband.... THAT SHOW IS AWESOME. Not much else to say. Don't judge, we love cartoons.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
ready2rock  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So my a cappella group just finished the audition process and selected our new members, and they're AWESOME! Another reason I'm very excited for this year.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerM3tal wrote:

I hope this isn't relevant to you, but you should go watch Catfish if you haven't already...you know, just in case she's a 45-year old mother pretending to be a girl!
But seriously, good luck! Keep us posted.

LOL. Yeah, I can say with absolute certainty that she is the same age as me (which is not middle aged >_>)

Normally a holiday would be a good thing to post here, since I just returned from one, but I would honestly have preferred spending the two weeks at home. It meant I missed spending time with my friends, who both go back to Uni this weekend, and also dragged me away from someone I care very deeply about.

So yeah, coming back from a holiday is a feel-good event, I guess? :P

Anyway, as for arranging a meet-up, we seem pretty set on October, so fingers crossed, and roll on October!

First recorded GS of Black Magic on PS3! I almost feel proud. >__>
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: TopGearFTW
megallica  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Completely unrelated... but I'm almost done watching Avatar: The Last Airbender with my husband.... THAT SHOW IS AWESOME. Not much else to say. Don't judge, we love cartoons.

I LOVE AVATAR!!

my favorite part of the series though was when sokka thought that Appa ate Momo!!!!

i didn't realize until earlier this week that they already did the first season of the sequel to that show, The Legend of Korra, so i guess i'll have to find somewhere to watch it online to catch up

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

megallica wrote:

i didn't realize until earlier this week that they already did the first season of the sequel to that show, The Legend of Korra, so i guess i'll have to find somewhere to watch it online to catch up

Fair Warning: Don't get too excited about it. Sure, it's alright, but it's nowhere even CLOSE to Avatar.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like there was a thread about it not too long ago

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108762

I'm hoping to comes to Netflix down the line. I won't get too excited, but I just finished Avatar last night and it was awesome. I feel so let down that it's over, though... not that it's bad, but, I want an epilogue or something.

After the show was over Netflix was trying to recommend I watch The Last Airbender movie... I've tried to watch it before, I can only make it 15 minutes or so before I just give up. Worst. Movie. Ever. Just... everything possible went wrong, I'm still amazed they got it so wrong.

Anyway, I had this crazy thought. Someone should write a fanfiction where Captain Planet is actually the modern day Avatar and the planeteers are benders. It would be so stupid/hilarious/awesome.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Anyway, I had this crazy thought. Someone should write a fanfiction where Captain Planet is actually the modern day Avatar and the planeteers are benders.

There's a really immature comment to be made there, but I'm not gonna be the one to do it.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:
Anyway, I had this crazy thought. Someone should write a fanfiction where Captain Planet is actually the modern day Avatar and the planeteers are benders.

There's a really immature comment to be made there, but I'm not gonna be the one to do it.

Ah, but are you any less immature for even implying it in the first place?

1KJ08mq.jpg
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
thecaptainof wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:

Ah, but are you any less immature for even implying it in the first place?

The fact that I spent a good while laughing about it before writing that post suggests not.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
The fact that I spent a good while laughing about it before writing that post suggests not.

It's all good, I don't think most of us here are really adults anyway. And I'm okay with that.

Anti-Rant: Tomorrow is vacation. Heck yeah.

1KJ08mq.jpg
Vampyromaniac  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
thecaptainof wrote:

It's all good, I don't think most of us here are really adults anyway. And I'm okay with that.

Anti-Rant: Tomorrow is vacation. Heck yeah.

As you get older you realize only a very small percentage of the population ever became adults.
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampyromaniac wrote:
As you get older you realize only a very small percentage of the population ever became adults.

And adults are boring.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
Vampyromaniac  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our Psychology class requires us to make forum posts on our discussion board explaining our opinions on various topics. Only 3 students have even participated so far (and it's a part of our grade) so let's take a look at the posts by 2 of the most motivated students in the class... but be warned! The incredible philosophical depth of these posts might cause you to rethink your entire existence:

regarding personality tests wrote:
I think boss or manger should give personality test when they are interview for that job. Becasue the person might not be a people person if the jobs require enter acting with alot of people. The person might have a bad attidute all the time and not like to be around people and just like to work alone. So I think people should take a personlity test before they get hired for a job.

regarding ESP wrote:
I do not believe that extrasensory perception exist. Because I think that their is no way that your mind can make things move, have thoughts of the events thats going to making in the furture, and that you can just start to fly by your self. I believe that everyone has five senses but not the sixth senses that some people say they have. The sixth senses is said to have to ability to sense some things that cant be heard, seen, or even smell. Some people thinks that just because they thought of something and then it happens, then they think that they have extrasensory perception but I just think that I'm lucky. I don't understand how people believe in something like this. How can someone think that they can move a object across the room or think that they know what I'm thinking about. So I do not believe in extrasensory perecption and I think people are crazy that thinks they can do those things.

franknfurter1000  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since this is the feel good thread, I guess this would be a fine place to post a feel good update on how my life has been in the 2 (!) years since I've posted anything on these here forums.
Basically, when you talked to me last, I was a bit of a wreck. This should surprise approximately none of you. I had gone through a really shitty breakup, I was really depressed (which is the reason I stopped posting here; I just lost interest in the forums, along with basically everything else I did), and I was abusing opiate-based painkillers.
A few months after I left, I quit the painkillers and started therapy. I didn't get a whole hell of a lot out of the therapy and consequently left after a few months' worth of sessions, and started trying to control the depression on my own. Around this time, I joined a local progressive rock act that my friend fronted as their bassist, which was a fucking blast; I had some crazy times in that band and the dudes that comprise it (with the exception of the keyboard player) are top-notch people, so despite the fact that I left to go to school, we remain really close friends.
Currently, I'm going to school at American University in Washington, DC. I'm studying film at the moment, though that is likely to change, and I'm just better off overall. I mostly manage to keep my depression under control, and I have really awesome friends that never fail to help me out when I'm in the drops. I'm also preparing to join the melodic djent band Wings Denied as a rhythm guitarist, and I'm currently seeing a fucking amazing girl, and though we aren't in a serious relationship yet, I expect that to change very soon, and I'm still clean from painkillers. So, yeah. How's that for a feel-good post?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 14 of 20

Jump to: