ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Ey Guys!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see what the problem is here personally.

He's only made one post so far, and within that post he's not trolling or being a dick. Plus he's probably one of the two (maybe 3) non-cynical/upbeat people on this website.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:

He's only made one post so far, and within that post he's not trolling or being a dick. Plus he's probably one of the two (maybe 3) non-cynical/upbeat people on this website.

My take on it is that certain people are mad that I removed their posts making fun of him. I could be wrong though.

Anyway if we are required by law to remove a user, we will obviously do so. Hopefully we won't have to, since he's not bothering anyone.
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really gotta say some of the posts I see on here are really stupid and asshole-ish. Thank god the forum wasn't like this originally or else I probably wouldn't have stayed here out of the fact I was an idiot myself when I first started posting and the currently members here would have picked me apart.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
Nubnut wrote:

My take on it is that certain people are mad that I removed their posts making fun of him. I could be wrong though.

Anyway if we are required by law to remove a user, we will obviously do so. Hopefully we won't have to, since he's not bothering anyone.

Nah I don't care about posts, I was just told by someone rather trustworthy that the Ben issue was huge on Wikipedia, where everyone on the talk page was arguing and throwing fits because SH mods were knowingly allowing a 9-year-old on their forums, so they wiped SH's page to protect themselves from any liability. The talk page doesn't exist anymore, and Wayback doesn't have it linked, but I could find this from the Articles for deletion section:

Quote:
I'm not convinced by the sources provided that this website is notable enough for inclusion. A large portion of the "ScoreHero in the Media" section describes certain users of the site, and not the site itself. It's also a rather serious issue that the name of a 9 year old is included in this article, which opens up a couple of WP:BLP issues, although those can be fixed. Sean William @ 21:20, 28 December 2007 (UTC)

I'm not mad or anything stupid like that I'm honestly just curious how this is allowed here and apparently nowhere else

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I'm sure the OP is a nice person, it is technically a law that he should apply to, and unless his mom or whatever got consent from JC, he shouldn't be on the forum. It's a violation of the law and brings up safety concerns, of which the site could be blamed if something happens to him in any sort of tangible connection to the site.

There has not been a single forum I have ever seen, ever, on the internet that doesn't adhere to this. If he's almost 13, he can wait. You can't just let him slide because, well, he might be a nice guy.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are measures in place to comply with all applicable laws as noted in our Terms of Use.

The former 9-year old being mentioned had approval from his father who had spoke with our staff at one point, actively monitored and participated on the site as well.

Similarly if we obtain consent fherry will be back, otherwise he's welcome to join the community on his 13th birthday.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I joined when I was 11, and specifically said I was 11 in my intro post. It's my username for god's sake and nobody cared.

Jesus, christ I'm 16, guys. Scorehero has been with me for a little less than HALF of my life.

TEN THOUSANNNNNNND!
My life.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

11yearoldkid wrote:
I joined when I was 11, and specifically said I was 11 in my intro post. It's my username for god's sake and nobody cared.

Jesus, christ I'm 16, guys. Scorehero has been with me for a little less than HALF of my life.
So your argument is that because no one caught it 5 years ago, we should now intentionally ignore the law for the rest of time? I'm pretty sure if the cops catch you stealing your 10th car they're not going to let you go because "no one arrested me the first 9 times". Flawed logic. We have to do what we have to do now, regardless of what did or did not happen in the past.

fherry isn't being banned because of misconduct, he's welcome back either on his 13th birthday or if the site receives consent from his parent/guardian. Until then he's welcome to use the rest of the site, just not the forums.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children%27s_Online_Privacy_Protection_Act
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: