Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
What can I expect with my first gig
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, don't just say "fuck em" regarding your audience, that will make you come off as someone who's playing purely for profit and getting your name out there rather than to actually give people a good time. Which the last thing you ever possibly want to do as a performer of any kind is turn the audience against you.

That will never ever be forgotten no matter how good you are (I still hear people bring up Axl Rose's douchebaggery from the 80's to this day as to why they never wanted to see GnR live).
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with what people say about working on the drum parts. Perhaps upgrade to a Ringo Star level of playing.

All joking aside, "Don't give a shit about the audience" is not the way to go. That won't bode well in getting a fanbase going. XD Just play what you've got and if you fuck up, don't act like you messed up.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose my advice was probably not the best. I think what I was trying to say was, "If they don't like your music, don't panic. Just keep playing and have as much fun as you can."

My bad, y'all.

GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally get what you were going for - don't worry about if they like you or not SO much that it makes you not have any fun. I think "screw what they think!" advice is great in almost every situation except for performers trying to entertain (if they care at all about being successful entertainers). Especially a band, since getting a fanbase going can be pretty important starting out.

No worries!

Also, to the OP, you are way braver than I am. Getting in front of a a crowd of about 30 people to sing songs in Rock Band was hard enough for me. I couldn't imagine doing those kinds of vocals in front of a thousand people. The experience will be a great memory, that's for sure.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
killermonkey  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:

Also, to the OP, you are way braver than I am. Getting in front of a a crowd of about 30 people to sing songs in Rock Band was hard enough for me. I couldn't imagine doing those kinds of vocals in front of a thousand people. The experience will be a great memory, that's for sure.

the experience is exactly why I wanna do it. I know we probably won't win anything or do too well I just wanna be up on a stage doing something I love to do. I whole heartedly agree about the drummer. It's the only real complaint anyone has had and I completely agree. He needs to learn to find a rythym and stick with it. for what you said Hailz, I would try and play a smaller venue but the show we have was by complete chance and luck xD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: