ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
What are you getting for Christmas? Part 3!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fr0z3nD3m1s3  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Money, money, money, and maybe some money.
Call me greedy, that's all I want.
Kinitawowi  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Dwarf series X and Amazon gift vouchers - the ultimate "we didn't know what to get you" gift.

In a piece of genius, the people getting me Amazon vouchers also asked for Amazon vouchers from me. That might be entertaining.

The stuff I need and/or want - a new place to live and a better job - isn't really attainable as a Christmas gift, unfortunately.

My Crapchievements Thread GOAL: The Log [Beast And The Harlot 4.7*]
"Our Father, who art in Heaven... please, stay there." - Saint Etienne, New Thing
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kinitawowi64
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I don't want anything. I want everyone to be happy, and I want a nice Christmas this year with the family.
youhas  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
Honestly, I don't want anything. I want everyone to be happy, and I want a nice Christmas this year with the family.

That sounds about right. I more or less made the same appeal to family that I did the last couple of years: I have more random possessions than I know what to do with; the last thing I need is another bauble taking up space to look pretty in a cabinet somewhere; if you really feel obligated to get me anything, please make it something consumable. This worked great last year, where I ended up getting a box of chocolate truffles and a bottle of Maker's Mark, as I recall. My mom has given me a heads-up this year with a "please make sure you have some freezer space available", strongly hinting that I'm going to receive one fuck-ton of home cooking to live on until Groundhog's Day or so. Sure beats having yet-still-another set of cordial glasses or something! Nice to have family members respect one's wishes and all that.

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those consumable types of gifts are the best. Gift cards to restaurants, treats and candy. I'm not much of a cook, so when I got a couple weeks worth of those really nice pre-made dinners one year from my mom it was an awesome gift.

I think the best has to be those giant popcorn tins from The Popcorn Factory. My grandmother always gets these. Nothing says Christmas time in my house like a big bowl of carmel and cheesy popcorn.

Another great option is to ask that family donate to charity on behalf of you, instead of getting a Christmas gift. Feels good to know some kid is getting an awesome Christmas when I really don't need or want much of anything.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the best present I'm getting this year will be to see my family for a few days before I spend Christmas and New Year with friends in Virginia.

I haven't seen my parents since September and damn I miss them.

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
Fhdra  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting a new jacket.

BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your guess is as good as mine. I'm more interested in giving than receiving this year. I have no idea what I want for my 21st birthday next Wednesday, or Christmas. I've given it some thought, and nothing appeals to me at all right now. I haven't touched a video game console in several weeks, and that's always something my parents have gone to in the past for gifts. Maybe the events of the past few weeks in my life have put life into a different perspective, I don't know. Right now, the thought of others spending money on me just seems awkward and unnecessary.

The only thing I truly want isn't tangible anyway, but it's something I'd prefer to keep to myself.

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
youhas  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Another great option is to ask that family donate to charity on behalf of you, instead of getting a Christmas gift. Feels good to know some kid is getting an awesome Christmas when I really don't need or want much of anything.

I haven't run into anyone asking for that this Christmas, but I've seen pleas along those lines during the last couple of weddings I've attended, and it's a really excellent sentiment. "Look, god knows we don't need another kitchen gadget; there are youths and other organizations in need who could use your outlay WAY the hell more than we could; whatever you wanted to gift to us, maybe gift to them instead?" It's a noble and efficient way that one can put one's gift-giving dollars to marvelous use.

BrianBAM19 wrote:
The only thing I truly want isn't tangible anyway, but it's something I'd prefer to keep to myself.

Heh, this reminds me - perhaps on-topic, perhaps not - of a conversation I've had with a couple of single ladies in the recent past. "So you want to get me a Christmas gift, yes? Here is an idea: cuddle up next to me on the couch, put your hand on my thigh, and stare deeply into my eyes with come-hither / I-need-you / unsated longing eyes for a while. Optionally feel free to whisper something terribly dirty into my ear if the mood strikes. It's a zero-cost gift to you and I get to feel like God's Gift To Awesome for eight minutes. That's, like, orders of magnitude better than a bottle of wine or whatever." I have no idea if anyone is going to take me up on this; I suppose I'll report back after the weekend.

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked for a Keurig coffee maker and a memory foam mattress topper/bedding, and a Turtle Beach USB sound card...going practical this year:

A Keurig solves my problem of brewing too much coffee (making it by the pot for just me)

Bedding, because my bed is rather uncomfy.

The sound card is to actually use my X31 headset again and solve my problem of not having a good mic for my computer.

Anything else is a bonus. I gave some good gifts this year...iTunes cards for everyone, gas card and hot dog cooker for dad, some iPod stuff for my mom, and my brother is getting an iPhone 4S.

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
pizzzapizza  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what I am getting for christmas except like lots of you said already CASH CASH AND MORE LIKELY CASH

EDIT 1= I got need for speed most wanted game for the ps3 (which it is very fun game) got NCCA 2013 guide book which is what I got

Last edited by pizzzapizza on Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
sukergod  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A wife. Date is the 29th of this month. Christmas comes a little late for me this year but its worth it
microgamer2vs2  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultimate Madoka
Okumura Rin
Hakase

Obviously I'm buying all of these for myself. Not particularly for Christmas, they just happen to come out end of this month.

I'm also planning on going to IKEA and getting another DETOLF display cabinet, as well as other shelving and lighting for the growing collection.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: aggrogahu
RustyWaffle  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's crazy watching Scorehero grow up. I remember we'd have this type of thread four years ago and everyone would be listing all the newest video games and gadgets and junk :P

Anyway, so far I believe a Meinl Mb20 18" Heavy Crash, and Zildjian 14" K Custom Dark Hihats. My parents always throw assorted goodies in there too. My father might be getting me a safe because he's getting tired of my mom going through my room and looting all my "paraphernalia" (quite frankly, he's the cop and my mom is the one who gets butthurt over it.)

My Drum Covers (Most recent: Muse - Stockholm Syndrome)
ShadoWolf wrote:
HellAshes wrote:
Everyone hates Nihilanth. I enjoyed making that guitar chart. D:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LASIK

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: