ProfileProfile Log inLog in
NBA 2013 Playoffs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
HellAshes wrote:
The Knicks are a team that match up great against the Heat. However, they look like shit when it comes to teams like the Bulls or Pacers so they'll never see them. XD

Always can count on you to be a Knicks homer

I don't know what part of the knicks roster matches up well with the Heat other than maybe Tyson Chandler, who isn't 100% healthy. Don't act like the regular season games mattered, because the two games the knicks beat the heat by a lot were in like the first month of the season, before the heat started playing well.

Knicks play a half-court style offense and shoot a lot of 3's. The Heat's defense is terrible against half-court offense and one of the worst against the 3. IF (And a really big if) the Knicks somehow get to the conference finals, the big thing would be to hold the Heat to that same kind of offensive flow, and not allow them to get fast breaks which is what their offense thrives on.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
bclare  

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HellAshes wrote:
bclare wrote:
HellAshes wrote:
The Knicks are a team that match up great against the Heat. However, they look like shit when it comes to teams like the Bulls or Pacers so they'll never see them. XD

Always can count on you to be a Knicks homer

I don't know what part of the knicks roster matches up well with the Heat other than maybe Tyson Chandler, who isn't 100% healthy. Don't act like the regular season games mattered, because the two games the knicks beat the heat by a lot were in like the first month of the season, before the heat started playing well.

Knicks play a half-court style offense and shoot a lot of 3's. The Heat's defense is terrible against half-court offense and one of the worst against the 3. IF (And a really big if) the Knicks somehow get to the conference finals, the big thing would be to hold the Heat to that same kind of offensive flow, and not allow them to get fast breaks which is what their offense thrives on.

The Heat were 11th in the league in 3pt % allowed during the regular season at .350 (that is, 11th lowest). They were 7th in 3P attempts against (7th most) so teams shot a lot of 3s against them, but didn't make them at a very good rate. They're first in 3P% allowed in the playoffs (small sample size, etc).

The Knicks were 4th in the league in 3P% offense (Miami was 2nd) during the regular season, and first in attempts. Also, the knicks have been pretty awful against the Pacers. But hey, why not be optimistic

Getting my stats from http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/defense-per-game/sort/threePointFieldGoalPctOpponent
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They must've fixed that that shit up at the end of the season then since when I originally saw the stat they were lower in the league in 3pt % defense.

Also, refs totally got their cocks in the way of game 6 of the Pacers-Knicks series. Half the calls I saw in that game made no sense. I'm not saying the Knicks WOULD have won had the reffing been better, but overall it was shitty officiating, and completely fucked with the flow of the game. Not fun to watch at all with the CONSTANT whistles everywhere.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow, the Spurs are one win away from a return to the Finals. It feels crazy to me, even though I've seen them win 4 titles in my lifetime. The way they've played the past several games, they look to be back in business. They look about as sharp as I've seen them all season, and talk about a good time to do that. I'm a somewhat pessimistic sports fan, but I feel good about their odds if they do make the Finals, against either Miami or Indiana.

I think the ECF is over. I think Miami wins in 6 now at worst. Once they lose one game, it's game over for their opponents. It's like they go up another couple of levels and take control until the end of the series. It's kind of scary to just have a switch triggered like that. Thus, I'm anticipating a Spurs/Heat finals, which should be excellent(though if Indiana does somehow prove me wrong, that would be fun and more ideal as well :P).

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see the Spurs and Pacers in the Finals just because it would make for an intense family rivalry in my house. If there's anything I miss about Indiana, it's people being really into basketball and me getting to go to all the games I could for free in college.

Either way it's always fun to watch the Spurs when I get the chance so I might have to head out to some restaurant or bar and watch a bit of it when the time comes.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Spurs-Pacers final would be pretty interesting, given the history of the two teams two years ago. Spurs traded George Hill to Indiana(where he went to college and is now adored by the fans) for the 15th overall pick, which they use on Kawhi Leonard, who has bolstered their defense and is a big reason why the Spurs are back to the finals. That trade was a win-win for both teams, but if they both squared off in the finals, that would be pretty crazy.

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a heartbreaking final. The look on Tim Duncan's face during the last 2 minutes was just painful, I really feel for him and all the guys, they are all class. It's definitely quiet in the office today :/

Game 6 stung enough, but Game 7 was just unfortunate. Overall an exciting series though, lots of fun to watch no matter which team you were rooting for. People were saying that Manu is done and he cost them the series, but I think he made up for just about every mistake he made (as a side note, that guy is really fun to watch... the stuff he pulls off is insane)

All in all, good game. Emotional/disappointing night for fans of the Spurs but everybody is being so classy it almost makes up for the pain... almost

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: