ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero Live - New Guitar Hero Game (360/X1/PS3/PS4/WiiU + Mobile)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
8all5sllaB  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gitarzann wrote:
On another note, can someone explain how TV works? I still can't navigate past the first block of songs in TV. Do you have to play all 20 minutes or whatever of those songs in order to unlock the next category of songs? I played for well more than 20 minutes today on GH TV in that first box and less than 1/4 of the bar on top of the box is red. Is that a bar that has to fill up and if so, how long is that going to take? I played a ton of songs, way over 30 minutes worth. Where the hell are the directions that explain how all this stuff works?

The TV channels have a set time that they play from. I was playing the Metal channel earlier and it lasts 30 minutes, so for example at 12 noon the Metal channel will play until 12:30 and then the channel switches.

The red bar is the progress of time the channel has been playing up until the next genre plays.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Garbar05 PSN Name: Garbar
jeffo2448  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What songs have you guys played on GHTV? Are they different than the on disc songs ?
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mxtchell wrote:
That's pretty much it right there, the game was just thrown together and handed to us like we already know what to do
Thats pretty much all games nowadays. Games used to come with detailed instruction manuals, now it's just "we assume you watched over our shoulder as we programmed this." I still have no idea what I'm really supposed to do on strum/trill lanes in Rock Band after 7 years.
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xbox 360 controller with a dongle LOL. Oh well, auto calibration isn't shit if you play on a CRT.

And GHTV will be so much more fun when I can actually hit notes

parzrevenge  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone unlocked the secret song yet?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

parzrevenge wrote:

There's a secret song? What is it?
parzrevenge  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
parzrevenge wrote:

FSG made a song apparently

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

parzrevenge wrote:

Who is FSG? Can't figure out if that is a band name or an individual.
toymachine  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

parzrevenge wrote:
MSH-Hitman wrote:
parzrevenge wrote:

There's two. You have to 5* everything in each festival
parzrevenge  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
parzrevenge wrote:
MSH-Hitman wrote:
parzrevenge wrote:

There's two. You have to 5* everything in each festival

Does the difficulty matter? I just 5* everything on casual and cant find any new song(s).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just guessing here, I can reach out for official comment but I have a feeling it has to be Regular+

edit: now I think there's only one bonus song
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: cRANKbALL
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats up with all of you guys having lag/calibrating issues ? I have none and no trouble FCing stuff, albeit yes on casual & regular.

the White2+Black3 combo is fucking me right up the ***.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts:

I've only played maybe 8 songs on the story mode but so far I'm enjoying it. The characters in the background seem to overact more than a little bit but overall it's silly and fun and keeping with the spirit of Guitar Hero. I had a laugh at some of the signs people in the audience carry around. Overall it's enjoyable and I've been fairly impressed with the production value of the videos. And even if you hate it, most of us will probably ignore the background video while trying to hit those notes. I do love that when you're messing up it's like the drugs finally kicked in lol.

Regarding the guitars and gameplay: really solid. I love the 6 button setup and just like I expected, it's harder than I thought it would be. I'm getting 3 and 4 stars on Hard. I was never great at the old games but I could 5 star almost everything on Expert. Not so here. I'll really have to re-sync my muscle memory in order to hit notes. It feels like GH1 all over again in the best way. Then that feeling when it starts to click a little bit and you're able to keep a combo... it's unmatched. I definitely get a little high off of hitting those notes. ;) Riffs that would be easy in other games are made interesting and challenging in this game. To give an example, I had a harder time with Cult of Personality's riff than I did with the solo on Hard.

GHTV seems to be the real highlight for me. We turned on GHTV and just let it play, jumping in and out of songs between cooking dinner and it was a delight. Granted I'm not too picky in my musical tastes, but I enjoyed almost every song I played. Even had a couple from bands I've never heard of where I thought "I need to buy that later." I can see this being a fun way to get into new music and it has a pretty huge offering to start off. I hope that the game lives long enough to get plenty of new songs and content. My biggest concern is the fleeting nature of GHTV - that the game will die and all of this content will go away. So I hope it doesn't, at least not any time soon.

I haven't gone into the microtransactions aspect yet since I've only played the free stream of music, but I can understand the controversy. I can see myself hardly ever wanting to spend money on this game and just playing what's on GHTV at the time. Then again, I'm not the type to get really good and grind out FCs, replaying songs over and over again. It would be nice if they offered songs for purchase the normal way so that people who want to grind out FCs can do so. But it's a non-issue for me so it's hard to get particularly upset about it.

My big problem with the game is multiplayer. I am totally cool with no bass charts and both players playing lead guitar in a PFO kind of setup. But the decision to make player 2 count as a "Guest" even when signed in to a profile is truly baffling in 2015. I really enjoy the gameplay and tracklist so far, so if they were to fix this in a patch I would be 100% satisfied with my purchase. As it is, if I want to compete with my husband in score/leaderboards we each have to play the game solo which is really unfortunate. When we were playing GHTV all day yesterday we were constantly switching profiles so that each of us could earn money and make progress. It would be nice if having 2 profiles signed in generated progress for both profiles, like any other game in the last 7-8 years pretty much. I don't even know why the game prompts player 2 to sign in if it doesn't even matter.

We also had some issues with calibration as well, but I chalked it up to me just being bad. I will try messing with calibration tonight and see if I can perform any better. It's not unplayable or gamebreaking by any means though, at least not on my setup.

Overall I enjoy it and it's worth checking out. It's a nice balance to Rock Band 4's familiar set up. I get to try out some new songs and re-train my brain to play Guitar Hero, then when I get tired of that I can always go back to Rock Band and gold star songs on Expert. I couldn't be happier that each series went a different direction.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
parzrevenge  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone want to take one for the team and test out toymachine's theory? But the reason why I don't think it matters is that I still unlocked all the other pictures/vids just fine on casual. Plus when you change the difficulty to regular or higher, the stars are still there so visually there's no indication of needing to do this on a higher difficulty. This is really stupid either way tbh.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm already working on it. I'm on Expert ATM playing career mode and I'm going to try and get all 5* in quickplay and I have one setlist with a "Great" and not an "Awesome", so I have the perfect layout to test on Expert.

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 53 of 69

Jump to: