ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Best way to make use of GHTV?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gitarzann  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graf wrote:
gitarzann wrote:
What is the point of the bomb? You blow up all the notes on the screen and get no points for them, correct? So why would you use it at all?

You do get points for them, as well as increasing your multiplier by the number of notes that are 'sploded. One could theoretically use it to avoid a particular chord change that they don't usually hit, or to keep a multiplier through a tough solo/section that they won't combo.

Where do you see this? I am talking about GHTV, not Live, so maybe that is different but my multiplier in GHTV never goes above 4 even if I use those bombs. I just tried it and did get some points when the bomb exploded but the multiplier stays at 4. I have no way to know if the bomb points are just the ones I would have gotten if I did not use the bomb.

Also, on the top left of the screen in GHTV while you are playing, just under the song name/artist there is a circle with some grayed out stars under it. What is that? It never fills up or anything and I can't figure out what it's for.

Adding on to the above question, after the song is over, the winner's fretboard has a circle in blue with a level in it. What is that? It is not their level in game because it does not match the level number to the left of their name in the ranking list.
Graf  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just what I have seen - detonate a bomb when you DONT have max multiplier and you'll see the multiplier go up. If you have ten notes on screen at time of detonation you're multiplier should go up by one, five notes and it goes up by half, etc. of course this is assuming you don't have the guitar upgrades that make your multiplier require less notes to go up

The bar with the number on the right after the song? That level is the guitar upgrade level. It goes up as you add upgrades to your guitar, which is also the only way to make your max multiplier go up aside from specific hero powers that affect multiplier like x2, etc.

All of this is in GHTV, not Live

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graf wrote:
It's just what I have seen - detonate a bomb when you DONT have max multiplier and you'll see the multiplier go up. If you have ten notes on screen at time of detonation you're multiplier should go up by one, five notes and it goes up by half, etc. of course this is assuming you don't have the guitar upgrades that make your multiplier require less notes to go up

The bar with the number on the right after the song? That level is the guitar upgrade level. It goes up as you add upgrades to your guitar, which is also the only way to make your max multiplier go up aside from specific hero powers that affect multiplier like x2, etc.

Yes, this is definitely how the bomb works. I think it may actually clear a little further up the track than what is visible too. You definitely get the points for everything you clear.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bomb clear the next 2 measures or so to avoid critical section and not screw up your current note streak. it does add points, it does add to your note streak and it does add up to your multiplier if you screwed up just before.

to get more multiplier, upgrade your guitar. im going for Multiplier first (already maxed out), then points per notes, then faster multiplier, then more hero powers use per song.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if I wanted to make my GHTV experience the same as the regular in game mechanics (normal star power), what would I need? Would it be "no guitar upgrades" and "x2 multiplier power"?
GesterX  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mninp wrote:
So if I wanted to make my GHTV experience the same as the regular in game mechanics (normal star power), what would I need? Would it be "no guitar upgrades" and "x2 multiplier power"?

Yes but you may as well get the guitar upgrades because all they do is increase score and allow you to compete against other players.
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To put it another way: If you don't get the guitar upgrades, you have pretty much no chance of being competitive

I'm enjoying this game a lot but GHTV's upgrade/power/play system is the actual worst set of ideas I've ever seen in a computer game

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
iimeade  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TerminX13 wrote:
To put it another way: If you don't get the guitar upgrades, you have pretty much no chance of being competitive

you know i hate being that guy but how the fuck is this shit scored on here but you can't do anything but quickplay on the RB side because of OD and multiplier carrying over?

parzrevenge wrote:
stop trying to be pieman 2015
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GHTV isn't scored

GHLive isn't plagued with the same issues

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://blog.activision.com/community/games-blog/guitar-hero/blog/2015/11/04/guitar-hero-live-all-access-weekend-november

enjoy your weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graf wrote:

Thanks for the info. The "bar" on the right after the song that I'm talking about is the winner's fretboard that appears while the player scores are stacked on the left. On that large winner's fretboard is a blue circle that says Level 4 or 6 or whatever. I am trying to figure out what that means. I thought it had to do with upgrades, but I can't make sense of it.

For example: I just played a song and got about 200k points and came in 3rd place by a few thousand points. The first place person had about 540k points and the blue circle on their Winner fretboard said Level 4.

That person left, and I played a different song, came in first place and on my large Winner fretboard it said Level 7. What is this level business? All I bought with coins was up to level 2 on the multiplier and level 2 on the more points per base note. I have no clue what the levels are.

And the gray stars/circle thing on the top left right under the song name and artist still don't do anything. They just stay grayed out. Does anyone know what that is all about? I can't find any FAQ that points out what these things are, just achievements and what the upgrades are and cost.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the blue circle is guitar upgrades. by default you have 4 since all 4 upgrades are at level 1/4. each time you buy upgrades, that level add up. im currently at level 8 since I maxed out multiplier 4/4 and currently 2/4 on points per note. if I add it all up 1/4 + 2/4 + 4/4 + 1/4 = 8

Prior to buy the points per note, I was level 7.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: