SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Ontwikseltsaar: The Metal 2nd place!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bushidox  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is one very fine FC. Congrats!
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548
Mr.Scientist  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job on the recent GH3 spree, nice to see that Raining Blood gave you the motivation to get the remaining ones for 68, always a great milestone.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok wow, that is one unexpected comeback with some seriously epic FCs in your bag !
TWiE is such a pain to get a good score on. So exhausting. So many people got the fc on a run where they weren't whammying or holding ticks super well.

Anyway, glad to see some action here ^^ congrats !
Jellu  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations for the 68 FCs!

FCs: 45 | 62 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 204/211 | Total 645/660
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushidox wrote:
That is one very fine FC. Congrats!

Thanks!

Mr.Scientist wrote:
Good job on the recent GH3 spree, nice to see that Raining Blood gave you the motivation to get the remaining ones for 68, always a great milestone.

Thanks! Getting RaBl was definitely an empowering moment.

arvain wrote:
Ok wow, that is one unexpected comeback with some seriously epic FCs in your bag !
TWiE is such a pain to get a good score on. So exhausting. So many people got the fc on a run where they weren't whammying or holding ticks super well.

Anyway, glad to see some action here ^^ congrats !

Thanks! Yeah, I felt like I was doing pretty well on TWIE with the whammying, activations and ticks (no squeezing, though). Still 8K below the top score... insane...

Jellu wrote:
Congratulations for the 68 FCs!

Thank you!

In other news, I decided to try squeezing again. Based on the paths, difficulty of songs and the number of people that have a tied first place, I made a list of songs I think would be a good start to try and get optimal on. Since Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll crashes my game, I went for the second one on my list:

Lay Down 100% Optimal FC

Really happy with this. I think my back end squeezes were frame perfect, although that's all relative: maybe if my front end squeezes were bigger I wouldn't have to have frame perfect back ends.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on finishing off the remaining FCs for 68/70! That's an awesome milestone and I'd say it's the cap for most people, lol.

Congrats on your first optimal as well! Lay Down is certainly one of the easier ones, after Cities of course. I would also recommend Sabotage if you're looking to get more. The Metal isn't quite optimal thanks to Ukog, but 2nd place squeezes aren't too bad. Other options include Stricken, Prayer of the Refugee, The Seeker, Impulse, MNIJ, Radio Song... to varying degrees of difficulty of course.

If you couldn't tell, I'm a big fan of squeezing.

You could also go for a few songs in WT and 5 if you're looking for optimals...
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
Jellu  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on that optimal! Yeah I came here to say you should do COFWR&R since it only has one squeeze and even that one is super easy, barely an inconvenience. But that was before you told us it crashes your game...

But now that Alex noted GH5 I have to say Ring of Fire doesn't even have that Song 2 is also so easy even I got it in like 10 minutes.

FCs: 45 | 62 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 204/211 | Total 645/660
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
Nice job on finishing off the remaining FCs for 68/70! That's an awesome milestone and I'd say it's the cap for most people, lol.

Congrats on your first optimal as well! Lay Down is certainly one of the easier ones, after Cities of course. I would also recommend Sabotage if you're looking to get more. The Metal isn't quite optimal thanks to Ukog, but 2nd place squeezes aren't too bad. Other options include Stricken, Prayer of the Refugee, The Seeker, Impulse, MNIJ, Radio Song... to varying degrees of difficulty of course.

If you couldn't tell, I'm a big fan of squeezing.

You could also go for a few songs in WT and 5 if you're looking for optimals...

Thanks for the recommendations! I actually bought another copy of GH3, so I should be able to go for Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll next.

Jellu wrote:
Nice job on that optimal! Yeah I came here to say you should do COFWR&R since it only has one squeeze and even that one is super easy, barely an inconvenience. But that was before you told us it crashes your game...

But now that Alex noted GH5 I have to say Ring of Fire doesn't even have that Song 2 is also so easy even I got it in like 10 minutes.

Haha, I was wondering if there's a song where optimal doesn't have any squeezes. When I get started with GH5 I'll make sure to go for that one.

In the meantime I got my second optimal:

Sabotage 100% Optimal FC

This song actually has some whammying... I never could get comfortable with whammying for SP. I searched for previous ScoreHero topics on the matter but I just can't find a comfortable position for it. Maybe it's also just a matter of practising...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
Thanks for the recommendations! I actually bought another copy of GH3, so I should be able to go for Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll next.

And here it is:

Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll 100% Optimal FC

Contrary to Lay Down and Sabotage, the song was harder than the squeezes. Not too bad at all. I found this path harder to memorize though.

Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slight bump for...

Impulse 100% Optimal FC

In the meantime, I also spent a little bit of time trying to practise the optimal path on Stricken, but actually I couldn't manage to get any of the squeezes. Maybe I just have to get used to the BPM of the song. Sometimes it takes a while before I get a good sense of how far I can push the timing window.

alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice job on Impulse! That was definitely one of the most satisfying optimals, in part due to the squeezes but also of course due to the difficulty of the song.

Stricken I actually felt like the squeezes were relatively easy compared to a lot of other optimals, but of course FCing the song consistently was the biggest hurdle to overcome. I'm sure you'll get it soon either way.

After that I'm not sure what the easiest optimal would be. Prayer of the Refugee is pretty straightforward... but hitting 4 doubles in one run is a lot to ask. MNiJ is one of the easier ones... but hopo front ends suck. Radio Song, from what I remember, has only two tough squeezes, but they're both absolutely insane. I think my recommendation would have to be The Seeker. I don't remember that one very much, but I think it was easier than I expected.
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
Very nice job on Impulse! That was definitely one of the most satisfying optimals, in part due to the squeezes but also of course due to the difficulty of the song.

Stricken I actually felt like the squeezes were relatively easy compared to a lot of other optimals, but of course FCing the song consistently was the biggest hurdle to overcome. I'm sure you'll get it soon either way.

After that I'm not sure what the easiest optimal would be. Prayer of the Refugee is pretty straightforward... but hitting 4 doubles in one run is a lot to ask. MNiJ is one of the easier ones... but hopo front ends suck. Radio Song, from what I remember, has only two tough squeezes, but they're both absolutely insane. I think my recommendation would have to be The Seeker. I don't remember that one very much, but I think it was easier than I expected.

Thanks! Actually I have slight "reverse lag" on my screen which means I have to hit notes a bit earlier than I hear/see them. And the lag settings on GH3 are not set up to offset the video/audio negatively (and actually increase the lag on them), so I feel it's a bit easier for me to hit notes earlier rather than later. Maybe that's why I have to much trouble hitting big front end squeezes really late. I'm actually working on My Name is Jonas and I find the HOPO squeezes to be much, much easier than the middle squeeze during the bridge (I've literally only succesfully hit that squeeze once).

Speaking of HOPO squeezes, slight bump for:

The Metal 100% 2nd Place FC

Yes, I went for the impossible squeeze and no, I didn't get it. So 2nd place it is. I actually went for this one for a while. One day I got this 2nd place score 3 times, but the last squeeze was so elusive it drove me to figure out if it's actually theoretically possible (prompting my post in the guitar/bass technique forum, which reminds me-- I still have to respond to what Undead posted there). So in the end I made my peace with this score for now.

voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, I saw "The Metal..." on the index and I thought you got the Optimal score. Good try, nonetheless!

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're gathering a pretty nice collection of optimals pretty quickly, great job!
It's too bad there's not too many left. Squeezing is pretty fun huh? Certainly a unique challenge.

Any plans on reduxing the rest of the game? Maybe go for 'ticks from optimal ' songs?
Otherwise not sure if you ever had interest in putting work into FCs on other games
I'm sure you'd be able to rack up quite a lot
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: