Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
irving12345  

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job but what's a OMBFC??? Lol

FingerQuick  

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats on your first OMBFC wooffus

aiming for any more? any more you are close to?

GHWoR Season 14 Leagues Champion
GH3 TTFAF FC - 6/3/2012
Join monthly GH3 Xbox LIVE GH Tournaments with us!

46|62|29|70|41|85|49|48|85|46|93|42
Full Series: 696/702
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: FingerQuickSH Wii Friend Code: 2581587414697466
tidus  

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

irving12345 wrote:
Good job but what's a OMBFC??? Lol

"One-Man Band Full Combo". Basically an FC of a song on each of the 4 instruments. We've been using this term for a LOOONG time. Lol

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
B-Fuzz  

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on your first OGB FC! Here's to many many more!

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So i heard you loved rock 'n roll ? Nice job on this, the first one always has something special =O
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit, so many responses :O This will take a while to reply to the lot, so thanks everyone for all the responses to this; and here goes to all individual queries:

WhyYZ: Nah, the first one tastes like "I've done so much to begin with"; honestly, the only ones that I think i would succeed on an OMBFC on logically is something that I can actually succeed on the drum part for as well as the other instruments. I've not a clue where this will go, but who knows.

chaosfreak: Haha, it's becoming a reoccurring event, you missing the GHTunes slot :P I won't be surprised if you miss it for the third week running, but you just keep being as lucky as you can.

Tidus: Yeah, though what's more accomplishment-ish for me is trying to nail something on drums for once; you know i suck at that =P

Hailz: OWB, OGB, call it what you want
I'm not sure if it deserves a banner tho, but if you do make one then that'll be fine

Graf: I'm assuming your weakest instrument is vocals? That's understandable in that case, it's apparently meant to be tougher there than any other instrument. But yes, I'm under the understanding that getting even one is an achievement and a half in itself.

werelord: I take your word for it with the huge amount that you've got O.o It's even tricky finding the songs you're capable of getting and trying them for sure. But yes, thanks again!

irving: I believe Tidus already answered your question You should try for one yourself if you can, it's very rewarding.

FQ: Well, like I said it depends on my capabilities outside vocals, which is actually pretty minute. I could try for a few in the Band Hero setlist, but I don't really know for sure which ones to attempt.

B-Fuzz: I don't know about "many many", but I can always try

arvain: Yes, the song name was a dead giveaway, apparently. It's also something special in that it's my first expert drums FC too, but yeah; thanks

And after all that, I divert attention to the latest post. The very thing that drives me - in this case vocals - had indeed driven me insane, as was the case for the prime attraction there. Check back for the vids, some more BH bass coverage, a vox request fulfilled... and another star power bug?

---

Update: May 17th, 2010

Video Features:

GH5: Deadbolt
DLC: Number With No Name (YT | DM)
BH Import: Take a Picture
Van Halen: The End of Heartache

Another update means more vids from me.
"Deadbolt" and "Take a Picture" were both songs that were covered in Friday's stream, so it's fair to host runs on both of those tracks right here.
"Number With No Name" marked a long overdue return to the Ben Harper & Relentless 7 track pack, with the highest intensified of the set. That track seriously took some balls to learn and pull off, as you all probably know already.
And let's also throw in "The End of Heartache" and another example of my crappy screaming. :P Still fun to do for its tier, so there we go.

Before we go anywhere, here's to the log for Friday night's stream:

1. I open by continuing my plight through Band Hero bass. And these are what I managed to grab on it:

Please excuse the lack of stats screen on "Mr Roboto" - I pressed the continue button way too quick...!
  2. Vox request time! The viewers asked me to do "Turn Off the Light", "Twilight of the Thunder God" (Metal), "Lifeline" and "ABC". Naturally, the two of the iron three weren't FCs, but they were a -4 and -2 respectively so I'm fine with that.
  3. Off to GHTunes and the crazy customs. Kire got me to do both parts of his "Future Warfare" creation - even going as far as to converse and drink up during the dead bits - as well as "Metal Madness" with yet another new intro. Thanks to his help, I FINALLY managed to pass it.
  4. By popular demand, I was asked to sing "American Pie". I took it one step further and attempted the Diamond challenge - no FC, but I at least got Performance Mode by succeeding with a 285k+ point score!
  5. It was agreed that I'd test the Performance Mode feature via a run on "Like Whoa". -3 though, but it was definitely interesting, that much was true.
  6. Then Kire wanted to do a Vocal Pro Face-Off with me. I won them all though - tracks covered were "Kids", "Caught in a Mosh" (SH Import), "Freya" (SH Import), "Take a Picture", "Simple Man" (Lynyrd Skynyrd), "Fascination", "Mr Roboto" and "Love is a Battlefield".
  7. Kire then asked for a Guitar Pro Face-Off, but with his solo compilation still in my mind from earlier this week, I remind people of my suckiness on the guitar by failing to FC both the Bringin' It Back section of "Black Cat" and the guitar solo for "YYZ" (SH Import).
  8. Benster was up for some competition anyway but wanted to do something different than a Pro Face-Off. So we all got on GH5 and played some Momentum games together. Tracks involved were "Brianstorm" (the only one I won!), "Deadbolt", "Maiden, Mother & Crone", "All the Pretty Faces", "Done With Everything, Die For Nothing", "Looks That Kill", "Lust For Life" and "Sultans of Swing".

Thanks for the turnout, really surprised me with a lot of the talk inbetween songs

Moving on, those three weren't the only BH bass FCs I achieved over the course of the week. I also managed to grab these too, in this order:

A few notes now:
Both "A Million Ways" and "Let's Dance" were all upstrums as the career challenges asked. I attempted to do the same for "Kids" though but I couldn't, so did it regular way on stream as shown above.
I got lucky with "Black Cat" - I really dislike dual-note hammer-ons, though I do try my hardest in getting them down. Probably my most intense FC of the batch.
"Like Whoa" actually had a tricky ending for me; it was as if the spasm of notes came out of nowhere in comparison to the rest of the song, but once I got it, there was no turning back.
And of course, "Do You Really Want to Hurt Me" was the only one done through GH5. Took me a while to learn the riff, but once I did, I managed to fly by.

Course, no update is without a vox accomplishment right?
I give my thanks to Tidus for requesting this last week, so it was all a case of having the stamina to get through it:

Taken from the Classic Rock 1 track pack, this Boston track proved to be one heck of a challenge. Though, it didn't come without some of its bullshit moments - I just couldn't do the "he smoked a big cigar, drove a cadillac car" line without having to literally eat the mic, which in other words meant that there's very little shifting room to do any form of any decent annunciation work on it. I call it the most troublesome part, though there were others that gave me grief but I'll annotate them when the vid ends up online.

I did notice something odd though when making a run for the FC as these pics then show:

Near the end of second verse. Note that I have no star power heading into the next phrase.

And this is how I came out of it. I couldn't keep combo, but somehow I got the star power anyway. The complete reverse of not getting star power if you barely get an excellent? o_O
Can someone clue me in as to this oddball programming? I think the SP bugs for vocals had been long demanding some kind of reasoning for some time.

And for now, that seals my update. Anyone psyched for Aerosmith in a few days?

[This update has been archived here for the sake of the first post.]

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!

Last edited by Wooffus on Thu May 20, 2010 6:54 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what, thanks very much for failing to see what I've been up to. You've been a wonderful audience. -_-

But still, I wasn't going to host this until much later, but I did anyway. Due to demand via IRC, I've hosted what could very well be the first ever vox FC on "Rag Doll", which is insane enough due to the ending and vairous other tough parts throughout.

As commented, I still need "Love in an Elevator" to be done with it, and will upload "Livin' on the Edge" much later, but for now, enjoy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
werelord  

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well wooffus they may not come because they didn't know Rock and Roll Band was hard (I know I didn't). However, awesome job on getting Rag Doll that vox solo is some crazy stuff. Would you put Rag Doll up there with the big hard ones? If so where do you think it ranks? And finally would you recommend the pack? (I'm considering it) Wow I had a lot of questions...anyway still great job as always!

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Werelord, I assume you didn't try the Boston pack on RB. Pretty much every song is hard even there. I *CAN'T* FC "Peace of Mind", for an example.

But let alone on this side. You did a pretty awesome job by fullfilling my request, and I thank you for that!

Hopefully you'll conquer the Aerosmith pack, regardless of who does first or some other crap, I believe in you!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy. Friggen. Chez.

That was my reaction upon seeing the Rag Doll vid. That looks really fucking hard I mean, one word phrases? Even if they stay on the same pitch line? That is just...my god.

Judging from how you put it, looks like it gave you the same headache that Ticks and Superstition have. I guess it just goes to show that Steven Tyler just says, "Back off, i'm laying down the rules here."

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job! Rag Doll was indeed a beast, and Livin' On the Edge was tricky as well!

Good luck with Love in an Elevator. You'll have no trouble with it.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gogo Aerosmith pack FC! LiaE shouldn't be a task worth fighting over for you. I'm surely surely positively sure you'll get it.

I'm gonna have to check out RDs chart, I hear it's hard.

GHWoR Season 14 Leagues Champion
GH3 TTFAF FC - 6/3/2012
Join monthly GH3 Xbox LIVE GH Tournaments with us!

46|62|29|70|41|85|49|48|85|46|93|42
Full Series: 696/702
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: FingerQuickSH Wii Friend Code: 2581587414697466
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, time to reply again Thanks again for all the support!

werelord: I thought the intensity 9 on "Rock n' Roll Band" might mean something but oh well, Tidus had the rest covered on the reasoning for the trickiness anyway. Time to answer all the questions you got, haha.

As I said briefly last night, I'd put Rag Doll amongst the big ones easily. In fact, this is how my top 10 toughest DLC vox FCs currently stands:

1. Ticks (Country)
  2. Salute Your Solution (Raconteurs)
  3. Rag Doll (Aerosmith)
  4. C-Lebrity (Queen)
  5. Number With No Name (Ben Harper & Relentless 7)
  6. Lonesome Road Blues (New Blues Masters)
  7. The Seven Deadly Sins (Flogging Molly)
  8. Rock n' Roll Band (Classic Rock 1)
  9. Everything is Everything (Phoenix)
  10. Losing a Whole Year (Third Eye Blind)

It could change a lot as I approach more, but who knows.
If you're a fan of Aerosmith or 80s rock (and I'm definitely more into the latter, haha), then it's a guaranteed grab. Be prepared to be challenged a LOT if you're singing them though, but otherwise they should be a blast to get through.

Tidus: Yeah, thanks for stating your side of the argument with the Boston stuff The support for clearing the pack was just as great, and I'm sorry for everything that I unleashed at you on Tuesday though; if there wasn't a teacher's strike we could talk more about this, but for now I'm hoping that you get through your predicament just as much.

chaosfreak: Nah, the one word phrases aren't worrysome if they're just one stale line. When they wobble all over the place, THAT'S when it becomes awkward to try and succeed in. I'd do a load of those 'man' phrases than a load of the 'young man' lines in "YMCA", seriously. Loving that quote though, I gotta sig that somehow!

dr00bles: Yeah, you're right that "Love in an Elevator" wasn't too hard at all as my thoughts would reflect. Course, "Livin' on the Edge" was no cakewalk either but the chart was still epic, another thing we think likewise on

FingerQuick: Thanks for the support on that one; also, knowing you I bet you can FC the entire pack on Expert Guitar, so I seriously don't doubt your capabilities at all, particularly on "Rag Doll". Are you up for it?

And now let's go to the update for today. I'm a day behind, but I've succeeded with the Aerosmith pack... and then some.

---

Update: May 20th 2010

Video features:
Metallica: The Memory Remains (YT | DM)
DLC (Aerosmith): Livin' on the Edge | Love in an Elevator | Rag Doll

I'm kinda giddy about this update in more ways than one. But first of all, the vids.
As you may or may not know, today is dr00bles's birthday, so to honor pretty much every GH vocalist's inspiration, here's to a run on "The Memory Remains". Course, I'm no Hetfield either but I don't care - one thing's for sure is that the memory will remain, though not necessarily hilarious.

And following on from the intensity of Tuesday night, I can now say that I have fully broken down the brick wall that is the Aerosmith track pack. The vids aren't going to surface on Youtube due to the whole Stage Three Records bullshit, but at least they have a home away from potential lawsuits there. Anyway, it's here and now that I'll provide my full analysis on them - a second opinion in regards to vocals, but an opinion nevertheless.

Livin' on the Edge - Choked three times, and all of them were during the ending. The hardest thing is to remember exactly which pitches were the "you can't help yourself from fallin'" lines during that sequence - one mess up may mean a guaranteed 'solid' if you aren't too careful, but otherwise it's a flippin' amazing chart.

Love in an Elevator - Done in one try! Course, it's not without its tricky bits when learning the song, the second and third verses especially. But in spite of it, the song's still made of epic though for different reasons to the previous ones, so it's fair to say I still had a ball.

Rag Doll - You saw the vid on Tuesday night, so I'll echo my feelings again - it's so hard that I couldn't even annunciate much of it when nailing the FC. >_> This took me a ridiculously long time to grind for, and it's more than just the ending that was nuts - pretty much any section with 16th note "wave blocks" as I want to call them were plain chokesville to me. At one point I even thought a vox FC from anyone at all was impossible, so I'm so glad I finally managed to grab it.

And there we go, Aerosmith track pack in a nutshell. Fun songs to do, though if you're a keen vocalist be prepared to be in for one hell of a challenge. If it can frustrate me of all people, still the only person to FGFC both GH5 and Band Hero on the Wii at this time, then it could be just as tough to anyone else who approaches, but if you're still up for it, then go for it

In spite of this accomplishment, I felt ridiculously rotten for most of the evening. Kire tried to lift my spirit a bit earlier by racing me to a goal that he had set for both of us; I tried my best anyway, grabbed the goal, but then it was revealed that Kire never raced anyway because he wanted to "motivate" me. I'm still convinced I suck, but this was what came out of it:

My second OMBFC, and the first from the GH5 setlist! I thought drums would've been impossible due to three tricky sections in there to add to my lack of consistency, but I'm so glad that I managed to nail it. Of course, here's my vox run in case you missed it back in February.
(Yep, this has made me that little more excited for the Escape to Plastic Beach tour in September. I don't know if I'd go due to the dates for the Manchester stop, but I'm really keen to see it anyway!)

Now this means I can take an extended break until it's time to stream again this Friday. I'll alert you when I'm going live again

[This update has been archived here for the sake of the first post.]

Last edited by Wooffus on Mon May 24, 2010 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
dr00bles  

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus, once again, thanks for the special birthday video! It was a very kind gesture, and means a lot to me

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naanananaaa, NA NAaa naaa NA NA nanananana nice vid there !! Intense song !

Oh and about that SP glitch you mentioned before, it has happened to me too the first time, it was getting NO sp from an Excellent.... and then getting SP from Solid lolglitch ! I was pretty sure it had already happened a lot to everyone, but apparently no ah well anyway, still fc

And it's pretty cool that you can play bass ! I smell some 65/65 fc coming soon ^^ Only a very few songs miiiiight take you a bit of work, but nothing too hard imo !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 26 of 49

Jump to: