Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Lockerz.com
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
muna  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Lockerz.com Reply with quote

Before anything, I want to make this clear: I am NOT going to invite people here because that is against the rules and this thread woul get locked so do not ask me for an invite.

I am sure some of you have heard of it. Lockerz.com is a website where you get "points" for watching videos (each after a long 30 second ad), logging in, and answering a daily question. With these points, you can redeem stuff such as consoles, laptops, and games from their store. The site has the VP of Amazon and CMO of American Eagle behind it with financing from Time Warner so I find it hard to believe to be a scam. It has redemptions about twice a month where you can redeem goods with your points. There is a very limited stock that usually runs out in a matter of minutes so redeeming isn't quite as easy as it sounds.

I would like to open this up for discussion for the users/past users of the site and hear your opinions.

So, I opened this thread for 2 reasons:
1) Do you think Lockerz is a scam or not? Why?
2) What are your overall opinions of the site in general (beyond whether it is a scam)?

Last edited by muna on Sun May 09, 2010 5:54 pm; edited 6 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Not a scam since you're not actually giving anything to the site. Think of it as a free lottery or a sweepstakes.
2) It seems like the store never has anything in stock; I stopped using the site a while ago.
3) idunnolol
ganondorf901  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lockerz isn't a scam, it is actually a pretty smart website design. Lockerz gets all of its money from its tremendous amounts of ad space it has. Think about it, most .com websites get there money from the ad space that they sell, and the price of your ads depend on the traffic of your site. So if you have millions of people logging on every day, traveling around the site and watching videos (usually previews, tv shows or music vids, to try and get people interested and purchase/watch the movie/show/video), they get so much traffic it isn't funny. So naturally they can sell there ad space for a fucking hell of alot of money, and get a huge profit.
ManfredvonKarma  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lockerz is a total waste of time. I spent the better part of two months building up points, and then redeemed them for Brutal Legend in on one of the prize days. I then received an e-mail stating that after reviewing my account, I didn't have enough points for the prize (400 is apparently less than 200), and I was also told that I didn't have enough referrals for Z-List status (25 being lower than 20 according to them).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The creepy thing is, I just got an invite today and was gonna make a thread here asking if it were a scam

I've done some googling, and apparently their advertising revolves around spamming random places (the site that shall not be named faces grief from this and apparently hates them pretty bad)... I find that pretty shady... but from what I've heard it's also incredibly hard to redeem a prize and if you do successfully manage, it's, in turn, incredibly hard to negotiate and actually get the prizes. Most of the available prizes are pretty shitty anyway, with all the good ones gone in seconds.

I don't really know what to think of this site, but I'm not risking joining

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs

Last edited by yksi-kaksi-kolme on Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
Saru786  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, if you get invites from members, then where did those members come from? Or was there an old site?

I looked at some YT videos and it seems pretty real.

- Saru is a genius
- BT doesn't exist
- 9001 is fucking paranoid
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Saru786 Wii Friend Code: 5710861160111753
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny how, every time they open up the store and I go within 5 seconds, it's out of stock.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
Saru786  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheLonging wrote:
Funny how, every time they open up the store and I go within 5 seconds, it's out of stock.

5 seconds? How do people get anything then? It's like you need to have the website open all day and hopefully just at the right time you get an item you want just before it finishes out. Pretty strange.

- Saru is a genius
- BT doesn't exist
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Saru786 Wii Friend Code: 5710861160111753
muna  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saru786 wrote:
Wait, if you get invites from members, then where did those members come from? Or was there an old site?

I looked at some YT videos and it seems pretty real.

It is actually still in the beta so I assume that all the beta testers got in then they were told to invite all their friends and that is how it began.

Iam having to use my mobile sprint 3G hotspot to use locker which is annoying, but it is better than nothing.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saru786 wrote:
TheLonging wrote:

5 seconds? How do people get anything then? It's like you need to have the website open all day and hopefully just at the right time you get an item you want just before it finishes out. Pretty strange.

That happened to me whenever I used Lockerz, and I never used it since. I have no idea, it just happens :|||

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
Saru786  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got invited by some Youtube dude who was giving invites out just like that. I messaged him with my e-mail and I got my invite within like 2-3 minutes, lol.

Anyways, getting PTZ is so easy, I've just about joined and already have like 32 PTZ. Can't wait to get on Z-List.

- Saru is a genius
- BT doesn't exist
Eastwinn  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, you got 32 PTZ easily, but, uh, what exactly can you buy with that? Can you give me some example prices from the store?

EDIT: muna used to have that exact avatar XD

Last edited by Eastwinn on Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
GuitarGeek08  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont really like the site, and i dont see the point of it to be honest

I Don't Suck at GH
Xpertlefty13 quoting me in his Acc Thread wrote:
Honestly, thank you

This is the first real, well thought-out explanation I've seen
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Saru786  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eastwinn wrote:
Okay, you got 32 PTZ easily, but, uh, what exactly can you buy with that? Can you give me some example prices from the store?

EDIT: muna used to have that exact avatar XD

Well prices for most video game related things range from consoles to videogames. Consoles like Wii are like 1000 while the PS3 is like 3600, while games/videogame bundles mostly range 400-500.

If your on the Z-List(you invite 20 friends) you get a Z-list shirt aswell as double PTZ on everything you do. You get 2 points for watching very short videos(and some of them are actually worth watching) and everyday for logging in and answering a daily question everyday.

It's still in beta, and soon they will have like games you can play and stuff and get points from just that.

It's not a big deal, you can always do this stuff in your spare time, and before you know it, you can have like 500 PTZ.

Also, about honesty, they don't even ask for your credit card or anything, just a shipping address. And I've seen many videos on Youtube on unboxing on the t-shirts and many other stuff.

- Saru is a genius
- BT doesn't exist
Xpertlefty13  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After they doubled the price of everything and stopped selling 8GB ipods, I stopped. Plus, I could never click on anything that I had enough points to buy, I don't understand how you were supposed to buy anything :/

2.9.10 - First Bass FSFC
3.20.10 - First to FGFC 3 instruments on RB2.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: