ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
trevster10's Acc's - Reminiscing (2+ year bump)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trevster10  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject: trevster10's Acc's - Reminiscing (2+ year bump) Reply with quote

Alright, well. Yesterday was the last day of school, and it is now officially summer. I've missed this place and this game, and am ready to get back into playing again. I think I have 45 FC's now? My goal is to have 55 by the end of the summer, but I know they get a lot harder towards the end. I'm know it won't be easy, but with y'alls help, I think I can get it done. Thanks again for all the help, and here's to a great, FC-filled summer!

Okay, so I own Guitar Hero 3, Guitar Hero Aerosmith, Rockband 1, Guitar Hero World Tour, and Rock Band 2. I'm pretty good, according to my standards, but unfortunately that doesn't transfer over to score hero.

I'm starting this thread on the off chance that one day, I'll become a lot better, and it may mean something.

So, I play GH3 mostly, and that is the only thing that I have updated on this site. I am currently ranked 558 for GH3 on PS2. When I get satisfied with where I am on GH3, I'll go play my other games more seriously. And I've FC'd a bunch of the songs on Rockband 1, but there's no way for my to find out if I FC'd it or just gold starred it from the setlist.

Welp, that's all. I'll try to keep this updated as much as possible, and please comment with advice/tips!! Any sort of help is very appreciated!

List of my 46 FC's (In order)

GH3 FC's

Slow Ride
Talk Dirty to Me
Story of My Life
Mississippi Queen
Bulls on Parade
When You Were Young
Miss Murder
Anarchy in the U.K.
My Name is Jonas
Sabotage
Reptilia
Closer
Generation Rock
Metal Heavy Lady
Radio Song
Ruby
School's Out
Lay Down
Sunshine of your Love
She Bangs the Drums
Can't Be Saved
Even Flow
Hit Me With Your Best Shot
Paint It Black
Minus Celsuis
Paranoid
Barracuda
Kool Thing
Avalancha
Prayer of the Refugee
Cherub Rock
3s & 7s
Same Old Song And Dance
Helicopter
Mauvais Garcon
Hier Kommt Alex
In Love
Go That Far
La Grange
I'm In the Band
Welcome to the Jungle
The Metal
In the Belly of a Shark
Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll
The Seeker
Before I Forget

Thanks for reading!!

Last edited by trevster10 on Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:23 am; edited 44 times in total
SAW4135  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you have a great start! As you become a more consistent player, you will start to get FC's a lot faster.

As for what you should try to FC next, I reccommend looking at this. It may not directly apply to everyone, but it's a general idea on the difficulty of each song. It's a nice rough outline to help you decide what to FC next

Also, I found Lay Down to be hard, only because the hammer-ons are at an awkward rhythm for me, and I would hammer then on too quickly. Just keep playing different songs, and you will continue to get better I guarantee it

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad start there my friend. Just keep working at it and the FC's will come like crazy

Matt wrote:
I sometimes pull the chalk ball out if I am on the ground, but I usually stick my hand in the bag.
trevster10  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link, and motivation! Lol. School's out now, and I've got the whole summer to get a lot better at this game.
oddlyuneven  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skill on GH and RB is always a relative term. Most of us never feel like we're good at this game no matter how good we are. There's always someone who has done something you haven't done. As long as you, like you said, satisfy your own standards, you are headed in the right direction.

Scorehero.com is the best extention to a video game series ever created. This community will push you to get better all the time. I would have stopped playing this game ages ago had it not been for the competitive fire that burns on this site. Use it. There is not as much activity as there used to be, but the activity is still here. Get to know some of the other active posters. Help push them along and they will in turn help push you along.

Also, check out ustream for live streams of tons of the players that frequent the forums. It's an absolute blast to watch others play and to chat with the other players in the room. It can become as addictive as the game itself if you hang out with the right people. Also, watching others play will serve as motivation to make you better at the game. You will find that it is mostly the same core of people who attend the live streams and they are a very good bunch of people to know.

Also, nice set of FCs already, but set goals for yourself then try to reach those goals. Shoot for 20 FCs, go for a full Tier 2 FC, then Tier 3, etc. It's much easier, and more fun, to play when you have a target to shoot for. Also, don't overlook joining the leagues. You might not be good enough to win right now, but I guarantee it will make you better and you might get to meet some people in the process.

Best of luck with everything.

EDIT: FC School's Out as a celebration of school being out!!! You're definitely good enough to get it at this point!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oddlyuneven wrote:
Skill on GH and RB is always a relative term. Most of us never feel like we're good at this game no matter how good we are. There's always someone who has done something you haven't done. As long as you, like you said, satisfy your own standards, you are headed in the right direction.

Scorehero.com is the best extention to a video game series ever created. This community will push you to get better all the time. I would have stopped playing this game ages ago had it not been for the competitive fire that burns on this site. Use it. There is not as much activity as there used to be, but the activity is still here. Get to know some of the other active posters. Help push them along and they will in turn help push you along.

Also, check out ustream for live streams of tons of the players that frequent the forums. It's an absolute blast to watch others play and to chat with the other players in the room. It can become as addictive as the game itself if you hang out with the right people. Also, watching others play will serve as motivation to make you better at the game. You will find that it is mostly the same core of people who attend the live streams and they are a very good bunch of people to know.

Also, nice set of FCs already, but set goals for yourself then try to reach those goals. Shoot for 20 FCs, go for a full Tier 2 FC, then Tier 3, etc. It's much easier, and more fun, to play when you have a target to shoot for. Also, don't overlook joining the leagues. You might not be good enough to win right now, but I guarantee it will make you better and you might get to meet some people in the process.

Best of luck with everything.

Wow! Great post, and great information! I've already watched a few people on the ustream thing so I have an account there and everything. I don't remember who I watched, but whoever it was, was trying to FC ttfaf. LOL! I haven't even passed it yet.

But yea, I tried doing the tier goal things, but it seems that there are some songs that are harder in the lower tiers than the ones in the upper tiers. Like, I've FC'd three in tier 3, and only 3 in tier 1 as well. (HMWYBS, and RaRAN) But, I have been setting the 5 FC goals. I first wanted 10, then 15, now 20.

Oh, and I signed up for the GH3X league! Now, I know I won't win, but I wanted to get in a league, and get feel for it. They seem pretty fun.

Quote:
EDIT: FC School's Out as a celebration of school being out!!! You're definitely good enough to get it at this point!!!

LOL! I thought of that right after I submitted my previous post! There's a part in it where it goes back to back to back, and I miss it everytime. That's the only thing that keeps from FCing this song!

And I have a question, too. Are you ever trying really hard to FC a song, and keep failing and failing and then you go play another song or two. And when you come back, you can FC it on your first try? I've done that on probably 5 of my FC's. It's crazy. I was wondering if any of you guys do this, too?
oddlyuneven  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trev wrote:
There's a part in it where it goes back to back to back, and I miss it everytime.

Just play it like this:

3 3 3
_ 4 4

You can play the last orange as the same chord as the one preceding it. In other words, there's no reason to try and lift your ring finger off of the blue because it won't register anyway. Only the highest note registers unless it's a chord. Try it, you'll like it!!!

trev wrote:
And I have a question, too. Are you ever trying really hard to FC a song, and keep failing and failing and then you go play another song or two. And when you come back, you can FC it on your first try?

All the time. If you spend hours grinding a single song (and trust me, I have) you will find that you go through phazes. At first, you will come really close to fcing it, and maybe miss in just a couple of places. Then you will go into practice and learn to hit the places where you missed with consistency. After that, you will start up real runs again, and not be able to make it to the hard part of the song because you'll keep missing stuff you should be able to hit blindfolded. After about a half an hour of doing that, and threatening to throw your guitar out the window, you will fc to the hard part of the song and miss there again. Then you will go back into practice and find out that you can, in fact, still hit the hard part. Then you will go for real runs again, in which you won't be able to FC to the hard part again for missing in easy spots.

It might seem like I'm trying to be funny, but getting FC's really is like this a lot of times. And trust me, it gets much worse the harder the songs get. The reason people go through phases like this is nerves. After you KNOW you can and should be able to hit every single note of a song on demand, anxiety will take over and make you miss things you have no business missing. It's all part of the game and it's what makes finally getting that 100% FC worth all the trouble.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oddlyuneven wrote:

Just play it like this:

3 3 3
_ 4 4

You can play the last orange as the same chord as the one preceding it. In other words, there's no reason to try and lift your ring finger off of the blue because it won't register anyway. Only the highest note registers unless it's a chord. Try it, you'll like it!!!

GOT IT!!!! I started out doing it like you told me, but that was still a bit too akward for me, so I moved my pointer finger over to the yellow, middle to the blue, and ring finger to the orange, and I got it!! So I didn't do it exactly how you told me, but I used your thought process with the leaving the blue down while hitting the orange!! Thank you sooo much!!! I choked twice on the last little solo part once I started playing but that didn't long to fix! YES!!!!!!

http://s1020.photobucket.com/albums/af326/trevster10/Guitar%20Hero%203%20Pictures/?action=view&current=Photo-00961.jpg
trevster10  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oddlyuneven wrote:

All the time. If you spend hours grinding a single song (and trust me, I have) you will find that you go through phazes. At first, you will come really close to fcing it, and maybe miss in just a couple of places. Then you will go into practice and learn to hit the places where you missed with consistency. After that, you will start up real runs again, and not be able to make it to the hard part of the song because you'll keep missing stuff you should be able to hit blindfolded. After about a half an hour of doing that, and threatening to throw your guitar out the window, you will fc to the hard part of the song and miss there again. Then you will go back into practice and find out that you can, in fact, still hit the hard part. Then you will go for real runs again, in which you won't be able to FC to the hard part again for missing in easy spots.

It might seem like I'm trying to be funny, but getting FC's really is like this a lot of times. And trust me, it gets much worse the harder the songs get. The reason people go through phases like this is nerves. After you KNOW you can and should be able to hit every single note of a song on demand, anxiety will take over and make you miss things you have no business missing. It's all part of the game and it's what makes finally getting that 100% FC worth all the trouble.

This has happened to me a number of times! Now, obviously it was on a lower magnitude, but it still hurts just the same! lol. Well, it's good to know that I have long road ahead of me that won't get easier..

Still pumped I just got School's Out!!!
dave0113  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job getting School's Out, and good timing too. I still can't do that one part on command. It just feels awkward, whenever I play that song after a while I usually have to take that one part to practice really quick just to remember how to play it. Keep up the good work, I will be watching this to see how you progress. Don't be shy about using the Technique/Style/Gameplay forum too for any sections that you are having trouble with, there a lot of people who stalk that forum looking to both give and receive help, myself included.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave0113 wrote:
Nice job getting School's Out, and good timing too. I still can't do that one part on command. It just feels awkward, whenever I play that song after a while I usually have to take that one part to practice really quick just to remember how to play it. Keep up the good work, I will be watching this to see how you progress. Don't be shy about using the Technique/Style/Gameplay forum too for any sections that you are having trouble with, there a lot of people who stalk that forum looking to both give and receive help, myself included.

Thank you! After I got odlyuneven's help, it only took me about 30 minutes in practice to get it down pat.

And, oh I won't! I already asked about the Intro Solo B (I think) in Cliffs of Dover. I just hope I don't get annoying, because I'll probably ask alot!
trevster10  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got Lay Down! I had been choking in the weirdest places the past few days, and today I played it first. I choked twice with note streaks over 500. But, then the third time I got it. Pretty sweet. FC #18!
trevster10  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played Sunshine of Your Love immeadietly after I FC'd Lay Down, and actually got throw solo C, which was the part giving me trouble. And then I choked. Like 5 notes from the end. It's going to sound dumb. But my arm started to itch right when the outro started. I was like I have done this outro a million times. No worries. Well, I forgot about this last part of the outro. I freaking missed a note. I was pissed. Then I went and played it again. And again. And again. And again. And again and again and again. I miss in Solo C every single time!!! I got pissed off, so I went to she bangs the drums and proceeded to do what oddlyuneven said to a tee. The little solo part was kinda screwing with me. So, I went to practice it. I got it down. Screwed up two different times on the way to the solo part. Finally got to the solo part, got it. And then proceeded to choke in the last chorus.

So, then I go and try again. And now I can't hit the solo part. FML!!!! Nothing good has happened ever since I got Lay Down..
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try taking a break for a while, frustration can never be a good thing... A new day and a fresh mind may get you a couple new FCs

trevster10  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlasherManEXE wrote:
Try taking a break for a while, frustration can never be a good thing... A new day and a fresh mind may get you a couple new FCs

That was supposed to be today though! Lol
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: